What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Newcastle ?

Eelsman87

Juniors
Gee Eels fans are a fickle bunch. Win a couple and everything is fine. Lose a few the coach is clueless, players need to be changed position . . .

Just relax let BA coach and we'll judge him at the end of the season.

Gronk

Staff member
Pauli gets a call up at the expense of whom ?

I'd shift DeGois.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Pauli gets a call up at the expense of whom ?

I'd shift DeGois.

Sef would have been my call but yeah, IDG could be another option but you would need one of those 2, I wouldn't have both but I'm not BA.

Incorrect

Coach
One of the dudes over on Phil's site who is a regular at Eels training sessions says Robinson trained at fullback in today's session. Also, Pauli was training with the top squad. Taka likely to play, Semi probably 1-2 weeks away

Surely if Pauli gets a bench spot Seffa Paulo gets the chop.

Joely01

Bench
Do people still believe that the team that is name on Tuesday will be the team that runs out?

Bazal

Post Whore
Alvaro and Tui named on an extended bench for Wenty makes me bet that isn't the side that will run out against Newy, personally. I would guess Fa'aoso plays, and one of Pauli or Tepai. Probably Pauli, seems like BA has sent Tepai back for a reason

phantom eel

First Grade
I suspect Fa'aoso hasn't been named on an extended bench for fun, and will play a 25 min stint.

That means one of Sef Paulo or De Gois drop off the bench - which is the balance that fans have been wanting. Most likely De Gois to drop off, with Fa'aoso taking over his usual 25mins?

As for either Pauli or Tepai coming in... I can't see them dropping any other forward? Perhaps there might be a plan to play Ma'u in the centres with Hoppa, and Robinson at the back, which would mean Tepai might come back in after working through his rust last week for Wenty?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Or there could be a huge change in everything. That's one good thing about all 3 grades playing on Sunday, we can take all the players up there and then decide 30 minutes before the NSW cup game who we're going to play in first grade.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well, taka will come in and Hoppa is going to be moved back to the centres. BA isn't a fool.

side you will see
1Robo
2Falou
3tak
4hop
5Faraimo

Noise

Coach
Do people still believe that the team that is name on Tuesday will be the team that runs out?

99% of people on here know that the team is copy and paste from the previous week and not necessarily the one that runs out. It's been a running joke on here for a few years. We all know it and accept it.

Most of today's discussion on various threads has been about the change of Robinson to fullback, Tacka back with Hoppa in the centres and one of De Gois or Seff making way for Pauli or Fa'aoso. Everyone seems to realise these changes will only be announced on game day.

Has anybody even said anything about today's team list being the one that runs out?

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Gee Eels fans are a fickle bunch. Win a couple and everything is fine. Lose a few the coach is clueless, players need to be changed position . . .

Fickle? try fed up champ! People have followed this club passionatly for 30 yrs of misery, corruption, lack of pride, poor talent identification, poor purchasing and multiple spoons, etc, etc, etc people have had an absolute gut full and want results......now....not too much to ask for, are they still fickle???????

Eelementary

Post Whore

What a boring place this would be if everyone had your opinion...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fickle? try fed up champ! People have followed this club passionatly for 30 yrs of misery, corruption, lack of pride, poor talent identification, poor purchasing and multiple spoons, etc, etc, etc people have had an absolute gut full and want results......now....not too much to ask for, are they still fickle???????

Sing it, brother!

Eelsman87

Juniors
Go easy on Eelsman87....from the look of his username he was born the year after our last premiership :)

Yep. Season ticket holder with my grandfather since I was 5. But seriously though, i'm as fed up as anyone. But BA can't be talked up as coach of the year one year and then doubted 6 games into the next season. If anything losing 2 second halves in a row 0-42 is not a coaching issue, it's the players commitment to that jumper.

Eelsman87

Juniors

Yep everything you stated backs up my opinion. BA has walked into this situation and is only a year and a bit into his reign. Like it or not he needs time.

Eelementary

Post Whore
About as boring as reading your dribble.

Oh, burn! :lol:

Grow up you f**king child.

I'll rephrase what I said, because clearly, your comprehension skills need some work: if everyone on this forum shared the same opinion, it would be a boring place. It wasn't an attack on you, Frail Timmy .

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This^^^^^^

Anyone still supporting this mob are far from fickle, the shit us long term fans have put up with for so long means the last thing we are is fickle. Try living in Brisbane surrounded by Bronco fans, going to school in the mid 90's while we were a complete joke and winning 4 games a season. Most of my mates are Unbearable whiny bitches when their mighty team doesn't make the top 4 let alone dish up the shit we have been fed for years.

Latest posts