What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Storm

TheDMC

Bench
A Stephen Kearney asian doppelgänger just walked into my office just now and I immediately had the urge to punch him in the face. Poor dude doesn’t even really look like him.

Blair

Coach
Guys, lets try and focus on the game now. The occasion is much bigger than a coach.

I hope we win a memorable game.

Last edited:

Leber

Bench
I honestly think kearney is expecting a loss. So in his mind, he is 'resting' his important players for a decent win against the knights. His important players being RTS, green and... Kata lol.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Guys, lets try and focus on the game now. The occasion is much bigger than a coach.

I hope we win a memorial game.

No F@CK THAT!

I'm sick of this Muppet Shit Show.

My blood is boiling.

HE STILL HAS THREE F@CKING HOOKERS!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A KNOB

25 F@CKING YEARS DELIVERED US PUG NUTS KEARNEY

morningstar

Juniors
The utter contempt club management has for it’s fans....

https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2019/04/25/tuivasa-sheck-injured-in-final-session/

Tuivasa-Sheck injured in final session
A hamstring injury picked up in the team’s final training session in Auckland yesterday forced captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck out of the Vodafone Warriors’ traditional Anzac Day encounter with Melbourne at AMII Park tonight (7.50pm kick-off local time; 9.50pm NZT).

After Monday’s training session and a day off on Tuesday, head coach Stephen Kearney confirmed Tuivasa-Sheck was ready to lead the side again in what would have been his 60th appearance for the club.

But the fullback's plans were derailed when he was struck down by a hamstring injury during the final field session before the team flew out of Auckland yesterday. He joined veteran halfback Blake Green (groin) and Solomone Kata (compassionate leave) as another late scratching for the trip to Melbourne.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
All jokes aside, I'm wondering what the 'compassionate grounds' are that Kata has been left out for.

Do you think he reads or hears any of the hate he gets? I think Steven McIvor brought it up prior to last week's game...

Also, we've only got him signed for this year at this point, correct?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade

I hope we win a memorial game.
Why did we have to get the Storm for the ANZAC game. Of all the teams it had to be the Storm.

I hope our boys get up for the occasion and give us a massive upset win like the Kiwis did in the '08 RLWC final. But even if that did happen the 'fill ins' would be axed next week. Still, I dream of an upset win.

Leber

Bench
Lets look at the pros: I'm keen to see how herbert goes.

Would like to see Perham in there hiku moved to the halves, but I dont think SK wants two dudes on debut.

I reckon Kata is off to super league next year. He can take Kearney with him and give us Justin Houlbrooke.

Rich102

Staff member
Why did we have to get the Storm for the ANZAC game. Of all the teams it had to be the Storm.

I hope our boys get up for the occasion and give us a massive upset win like the Kiwis did in the '08 RLWC final. But even if that did happen the 'fill ins' would be axed next week. Still, I dream of an upset win.

We always play the Storm Anzac weekend.

Rich102

Staff member
I am not 100% certain but it may be because we play them for the Michael Moore Trophy annually and it is slotted in that weekend..

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I am not 100% certain but it may be because we play them for the Michael Moore Trophy annually and it is slotted in that weekend..

I don’t think the trophy has anything to do with ANZAC day, it precedes that.

There are basically two reasons: the obvious one is that we are the NZ in ANZAC so it’s obvious to include us in there. Melbourne are picked as the other team because it allows the NRal to do a commemoration in the other big australian city, plus they are trying to build the game as a tradional fixture.

spear tackle

Juniors
All jokes aside, I'm wondering what the 'compassionate grounds' are that Kata has been left out for.

Do you think he reads or hears any of the hate he gets? I think Steven McIvor brought it up prior to last week's game...

Also, we've only got him signed for this year at this point, correct?

I think the compassionate grounds means showing compassion to the fans, apart from that no idea

Iron Lion

Juniors
Where is the logic?

They play Ashyford in reserve grade all year in the 2nd row and then name him in the centres in the NRL.

This guy for well over 1 year was not deemed good enough to play in the NRL. Now he is back?

Papalli now starting. This guy is in my opinion, not an NRL player. Not on form.

Three hookers. Proven to not work. Let's go again.

Beale a centre is now at fullback.

Hiku is not a winger. Not quick enough. Against the Storm flyers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tohu Harris in the halves.

No Perham

Im seriously fuming if that team runs out.

It's just a complete lack of respect for the game.

It appears Kearney is actually trying to lose.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I could cop the Luke-Jazz-Roache combo if Jazz was playing as a mobile 13, not a hooker. But that’s not what we saw last week. He’d be an upgrade on Blair there, at least he works his arse off.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Where is the logic?

They play Ashyford in reserve grade all year in the 2nd row and then name him in the centres in the NRL.

This guy for well over 1 year was not deemed good enough to play in the NRL. Now he is back?

Papalli now starting. This guy is in my opinion, not an NRL player. Not on form.

Three hookers. Proven to not work. Let's go again.

Beale a centre is now at fullback.

Hiku is not a winger. Not quick enough. Against the Storm flyers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Tohu Harris in the halves.

No Perham

Im seriously fuming if that team runs out.

It's just a complete lack of respect for the game.

It appears Kearney is actually trying to lose.
Ayshford has more than proved himself as a NRL level centre. To not see that is almost like seeing eye to eye with Kearney in regards to Aysh.

Papalii is all we got really.

Disagree with Hiku on the wing. Outside back was what made him a someone at Manly. And regards to speed - hes faster than Ken. If there's anyone we need to worry about getting burnt, its Ken.

Latest posts