What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Eels Trial Game 1

boardlumps62

Juniors
It was a trial match we won just enjoy take something out of it. The Coach will learn from that next week it is the Charity Shield that is a Trail Match the coach and players will learn from that. George Burgess had a hip operation what did you expect. McCullough was coming back from injury had a light run. Mbye had a cork by the looks of it. And we had a prop/secondrower playing 1/2 back for 50%of the game. And we won a Trial Match.

SGMax

Juniors
Back to my favourite way to watch a game at home....live tv with the laptop open reading everyone's comments. Thanks to all who posted.
I thought there were some real positive performances from:
* Mulheisen....looked nippy and passed well....ready for 1st grade.
* J. Hunt....looked great in defence....the sort of body size we need.
* Blore looks like a talent....looks like Manly's Schuster.
* Suli had good impact and looks quite trim and fit.
* Faamasillli actually looked much better than anytime last year.
* Gosiewski showed he will be good backup much like Billy Burns.
* Burgess was hard to handle and will get better. Could be buy of the season.

I can't be too critical of the players in the first 20 mins as they had no ball and the whole right side was missing the regular starters Sims/Sua, Lomax, Rava who will hopefully plug the holes.
Our reserves should do great this year and once all teams start using depth we should be better placed to keep performing.
2 of our weaknesses llok much better after this game, hooker and foolback depth but Sloan to start at 1 and Ramsey to the wing.

kit66

Bench
There was a lot to like in this game - pretty good discipline from the boys for a trial full of reserve graders, only 2 penalties and no 6 agains. They must have focused on that because they were gifting Parra some very quick play the balls. 32 from 40 completions, good stuff. McGuire at half doing run arounds and setting up tries, awesome. Big hits from M.Molo and JHunt, our Reserves have got a good pack on their hands. Amone 2 try assists and some good kicks. Sloan looking like he belongs.....at fullback. 5 tries plus a couple more bombed was very encouraging.
Not so good - FMolo and especially Poasa looking like they don't belong, leaving massive gaps for Parra to stroll through, hopefully we won't see those two as our starting props again this year.
The defence out wide early on was poor but will be a different line-up from next week.

The second Parra try to Kafusi would have been pulled up for interference in a normal game.

SnowDragon

Juniors
1) Sloan looks special, Ramsey did nothing wrong and can back up nicely if he continues like that
2) Michael Molo and Jayden Hunt stepped up and performed for trial and train guys
3) mullhausen ? (Young hooker) really impressed me. Hope he gets game time during the year
4) depth!
5) there will be an interesting fight tor wingers all year.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Good to get a win of any sort after all the losses to end 2021. Much needed.

I’m not going to even to attempt reading form it was the first trail of the season, still a win away from home against a top 8 team will be confidence building. For those players backing up from 2021 I’m sure they enjoyed singing the team song.

Fuimaono seams to end up on report as often as McGuire!

No serious injuries that I could see, still plenty of class to come back into the side for the Shield game, Woods, Lomax, Bird, Hunt & de Belin.

I really hope we go for the win against Souths we haven’t won the Shield in years!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Good solid performance by the kids playing first grade. Discipline was very good no 6 agains which is good. Saints look to have some good depth and that Jayden Hunt looks like a gun. I hope they can tie him down for a couple of years if he is only on a development contract. Really stood out in the forwards.

Dragons154

Juniors
Great signs!

while the first 20 minutes of defence was worrying Su’a and sims will plug those holes.

M. Molo, hunt looked great.

Suli looks great

Mybe will be great for us at 14

Mully looks to be our future hooker

Ruben could really challenge for that wing spot

Burgess will be strong once he gets confidence in that hip

Sloan is our full back.

while a lot of people say trails mean nothing, they genuinely only mean nothing to premiership threats.
every win we get will only help the confidence of our team.

Good to see the side fight back strongly after some very poor defence in the first 20-25 minutes.

A number of our players looked exhausted very early in the contest.

The right side defence seemed as if the designated edge back rower had drifted to the wrong side of the field or was exceedingly slow in getting back in the defensive line.

Sloan was caught out of position in defence and continually drifted in field which lead to 2-3 Parra tries. Francis Molo looks unfit.

In contrast his brother Michael and Jayden Hunt played very strongly off the bench.

The young hooker gave us the spark in attack.

I thought Ramsey was solid at fullback. Sloan showed us his undeniable attacking class and will probably get the number 1 jersey.

I thought Mbye went well before getting the cork.

Jackson Ford also went well.

Good to see big George get some minutes.

Suli looked very good and will help us ruck the ball out of our end this season.

Solid hit out for the fringe players.

We have depth gentlemen.

Looking forward to the charity shield this week.

denis preston

First Grade
Not at all, cos for most of the first twenty minutes we were shit. They more than made amends for the early sloppiness, which is a really good sign.
Over the top response from you, sir - if you don't mind me saying.
2) Dragons Footy : Still shit

Two more years...

But you did post above which sounded like to me you were giving up 2022 & 2023 and scurrying out of the trench after 20 mins of our first trial game !