What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Sharks

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
any reason why Roberts would be selected over Prichard ?

Faster, stronger, more experienced? (Plus he'll probably start in the halves anyway.)

Whatever you come back with about how shit Roberts is, the fact is he's been named in the side ahead of a few other blokes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pritchard played first grade (off the bench) this weekend anyway. With Hayne out we only have one kicking option (Sandow) in the spine, and that's why I reckon Roberts will start at 'left half'. Kelly or Pritchard will come onto the bench in place of one of our back rowers.

mal12

Juniors
Why isn't say Daniel Harrison or Kenny Edwards ahead of Matiua? Surely those two would be much more motivated to play well for a future contract than the guy who refused to play last week.

I take it there might be some doubt in Pritchard's fitness? Probably will spend a week in Wenty and be back next week.

all the talk on how Harrisons on 300,000 so you would think that he would be one needed to be picked up by another club but Stuart keeps him in NSW cup and now puts him to the bench so loko can play after he was dropped for disciplinary reasons. So loyalty is being shown to parra players and Harrison gets to rot at Wenty, i hope Parra have to pay all his contract because he doesnt deserve this. GIVE HIM A GO IN NRL SO HE CAN MOVE ON

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
all the talk on how Harrisons on 300,000 so you would think that he would be one needed to be picked up by another club but Stuart keeps him in NSW cup and now puts him to the bench so loko can play after he was dropped for disciplinary reasons. So loyalty is being shown to parra players and Harrison gets to rot at Wenty, i hope Parra have to pay all his contract because he doesnt deserve this. GIVE HIM A GO IN NRL SO HE CAN MOVE ON

He might only be on $275k

Why isn't say Daniel Harrison or Kenny Edwards ahead of Matiua? Surely those two would be much more motivated to play well for a future contract than the guy who refused to play last week.

I take it there might be some doubt in Pritchard's fitness? Probably will spend a week in Wenty and be back next week.

Didn't Kenny Edwards get sent off on the weekend? Suspect he is suspended.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Is your last name Harrison by any chance???

bartman

Immortal
It's Reni's 150th first grade match, so if he is thinking about giving the game away next year then it's fair enough imo they give him his milestone this week and then have him in Wenty for the rest of the season.

Sounds like Loko wrote his own demotion somehow - hopefully just late for training/recovery? But interesting they're taking the opportunity to shove him in the Wenty starting pack to see how he goes there.

Was surprised by Ben Roberts' re-emergence given Pritchard is playing for Wenty, hopefully it's just to allow Roberts to show his wares and earn a UK contract/release asap? I couldn't see Luke Kelly's name anywhere, despite being parachuted into first grade five eighth to cover Reni's existentialist crisis last weekend... I'm not sure how Paulo at five eighth will go in the longer term this year, but I guess Ricky is trying everything at this point of the season.

Chipmunk

Coach
It's Reni's 150th first grade match, so if he is thinking about giving the game away next year then it's fair enough imo they give him his milestone this week and then have him in Wenty for the rest of the season.

Sounds like Loko wrote his own demotion somehow - hopefully just late for training/recovery? But interesting they're taking the opportunity to shove him in the Wenty starting pack to see how he goes there.

Was surprised by Ben Roberts' re-emergence given Pritchard is playing for Wenty, hopefully it's just to allow Roberts to show his wares and earn a UK contract/release asap? I couldn't see Luke Kelly's name anywhere, despite being parachuted into first grade five eighth to cover Reni's existentialist crisis last weekend... I'm not sure how Paulo at five eighth will go in the longer term this year, but I guess Ricky is trying everything at this point of the season.

It's like they picked the teams for both grades this weekend using a dart board.

mal12

Juniors
NO ITS NOT and just because someone has an opinion that you may not agree with doesnt mean I have to be related to them. My aim was to show that hes not wanted everybody thinks hes on a motza so why not let him show what hes got.He and nathan smith have proved they can handle nrl but are the only ones not being given a chance.

eels_fan

First Grade
My thinking re: Ben Roberts is that a few of the boys who were told they were on the outer played quite well last week. Maybe Sticky is thinking we'll get the 1/20 game diamond performance this week so he can show someone (anyone) that he is worth a contract next year

emjaycee

Coach
The selected team is so bad..........it's good.

In some sad sado-masochistic sort of way i kinda agree... the selected team is going to give us fans both pain and pleasure. This is the best 17 RS finds himself available to call on this week. We all know they probably aren't up to the task but there is little options available so we will grin and bear it and hope they do well.

And if they do, what next? Do we revel in the win or curse that the regular scapegoats of the merkins on this site have another chance at redemption?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Eels by 13 plus

Eels tragics like Parraboy never give up, even while being sucked down and down the doldrums of a Parra Eels sinkhole??????
How's it going down there ParraBoy??????
Are you alive (still there) mate?????

dam_drain_14.jpg

Daneel

Bench
NO ITS NOT and just because someone has an opinion that you may not agree with doesnt mean I have to be related to them. My aim was to show that hes not wanted everybody thinks hes on a motza so why not let him show what hes got.He and nathan smith have proved they can handle nrl but are the only ones not being given a chance.

Is that you Nathan Smith?

parra pete

Referee

Harrison made his pile when Pardon won the Cup...

Pardon was a great tip...the dog's were barking it...Harrison had a real big go at it....and it got home pretty easily...(or so I am led to believe)

Last edited:

DeanPay98

Juniors
BTW Parra Pete, there was a 2007 Eels game on Foxtel today. Tim Smith was playing halfback. And he was gooood.

It was so weird watching an Eels team and remembering that we used to have a competitive team and everybody just took it for granted.

So Paulo is playing 5/8 this week? I wish it was 2007 again :-(