What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Storm

murraymob

Coach
when mansour is ready its a easy decission robinson makes way.He is a poor defender and rarely gets into dummy half when we are needing fast runners near our line
As for plum and docker they are a must for the team both rattled the storm all night.You could see the storm go forward was there when they where off but dissapeared when they where on

chrisD

Coach
Brown at centre is still a glaring issue, he's covered 3 games now, times up, his deficiencies there have been well shown.

Crazy Hazy

Juniors
Absolutely outstanding atmosphere and inspired effort by the boys to close out the game. Docker and Plum lead with the big hits but they all scrambled well in defence.
John looks promising and Simmons/Moylan were excellent at the back. Moylan's hands are unbelievable and Simmons in attack was a weapon (can't believe I just said that but it was true tonight).
We've still got a hell of a long way to go but it's good to give some credit. It should bring a good crowd in against the Warriors next week and keep people off my back this week.
Segs didn't really fire but we can't expect it week in, week out.
I'm going out to buy a brown jersey as well!

Doomednow

Bench
I think Cleary has a thing for playing a big dude somewhere in the backline. He had Vatuvei at the warriors and now he's trying to do something similar with Brown. It's a novel idea and should create a good mismatch in theory but it just doesn't work very well in practice.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Everything else aside it just feels good to beat those bastards. Now lets just reiterate to the rugby league community what a shit coach Elliott is next week.

I do agree about Brown in the centres though his done admirably the last few weeks but his not a long term answer. How did Roberts go for Windsor today?

chrisD

Coach
I think Cleary has a thing for playing a big dude somewhere in the backline. He had Vatuvei at the warriors and now he's trying to do something similar with Brown. It's a novel idea and should create a good mismatch in theory but it just doesn't work very well in practice.

He has a big thing for it. I think I suggested here first Brown could start hooker, and when I did I knew I was playing with fire in a be careful what you wish for sort of way. Warrior fans know all about Cleary's fetish for playing Brown everywhere but the back row. Well with Tighe, Wes and Roberts all being injured Brown covering was ok, but Cleary has got to move forward now.

what ever

Juniors
Great to see this win against the top team on Mothers Day and HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE WALSH. The boys played for one another it was a great team effort all round.

Karnivayne

Juniors
How did Roberts go for Windsor today?

He went ok, he still has at least 3-4 weeks minimum before i think he would be considered.

There was huge problems in defence on the right hand side as Tighe was defending next to Roberts. I couldn't really blame Roberts for the line breaks as they were players that Tighe was covering. In open space i guarantee nobody in the NRL will get close to him.

franklin2323

Immortal
How did Roberts go for Windsor today?

He wasn't terrible. The problem is we had Tighe/Foster(hooker) in the halves. Simpkins & Galea hookers so he didn't get much ball.

Brown was stronger in defence then Roberts. Though Tighe inside him Jennings outside didn't help. The coach wont change the team after that performance.

Though my issue was a few times there was a chance to go wide to Robinson & took it himself. Whare on the other hand was great gave it if it was on.

murraymob

Coach
to be fair to Brown he put his hand up and offered to go in the centers due to the high injury toll.But has said many time the back row is where he wants to be.

Kingston is getting slower and slower out of dummy half might be time to stop having both hookers on the field at the same time and resting him for longer periods before bringing him back on.The real positive for me is matt moylan he has given cleary no choice but to leave him in the side even at full strength

soc123_au

Staff member
Whare is a bloody good centre, good hands & not a glory hound. He seems to pick the safe option to put his winger away instead of going for the miracle. Its a shame he was stuck at the back for so long. On Docker, he made some inroads with the ball in the first 20, but not so much after that. Defensively though he is a machine. Him & Plum on the field together make a very handy duo to put the opposition attack in two minds. Plum was pretty solid in attack as well, he is finally getting a bit of a rum uninjured & it is showing.

Karnivayne

Juniors
to be fair to Brown he put his hand up and offered to go in the centers due to the high injury toll.But has said many time the back row is where he wants to be.

Kingston is getting slower and slower out of dummy half might be time to stop having both hookers on the field at the same time and resting him for longer periods before bringing him back on.The real positive for me is matt moylan he has given cleary no choice but to leave him in the side even at full strength

We actually look like a football team with Moylan at back, Whare rarely supported plays and when he was involved in a back line shift or set play it always broke down as he was always late to the play, with Moylan his deft touches and reading of plays are very very good. He is almost immune to bombs and attacking kicks which limits other teams attacking options.

Randy81

Juniors
Great win. My favourite part our first try where billy gave up the chase on Simmons at the half way mark.....

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Great win, Moylan and Docker played very well, I thought Isaac John played had a good game against a high quality side as well. Its good to enjoy a quality win for a change. Well done Panthers and IC.

meek

Juniors
Great effort - against a team that would have been out to atone for the loss against Canberra
I agree i thought Isaac John looked surprisingly okay.
Well done Ivan and the boys