What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs whoever we're losing to next week

aqua_duck

Coach
It's becoming a meme level joke now having Crossland in the team

Before he was just adding nothing but it wasn't having a net negative effect. Now he's actively contributing to losses in a very real and obvious way
I actually don't mind him out of dummy half as a runner but he needs a full off season there to work on his passing which for a guy who grew up playing halfback is pretty shocking and his physicality. Crossland is nearly 22, has had atleast 3 pre seasons with the top squad and isn't much bigger than Sam Walker nor does he have the mobility to even cover the outside backs in a time of desperation. Again I go back to a question I asked earlier in the year, what exactly is his strength and what does he actually offer besides a cool name?

Woosh

Head Moderator
It's becoming a meme level joke now having Crossland in the team

Before he was just adding nothing but it wasn't having a net negative effect. Now he's actively contributing to losses in a very real and obvious way

Crossland prepares well for games tho whereas Clifford doesn’t.
AOB will always choose the better trainer over the better player.

Yosh

Coach
Crossland prepares well for games tho whereas Clifford doesn’t.
AOB will always choose the better trainer over the better player.

Is this a well known fact or just your opinion?

Really unfortunate if true... Clifford looked like he could be a star.

Joel-22

Juniors
If Milford stays and plays to potential, Clifford could make a great modern day lock with a few added kgs. He’s most dangerous when he runs, is great defensively for a half and would have one of the better passing games of a lock. He could be everything Mann is meant to be

Jono078

Referee
1 Ponga
2 Tuala
3 Gagai
4 Young
5 Lee
6 Milford
7 Clifford
8 Klemmer
9 Randall
10 DSaifiti
11 Fitz
12 Friz
13 Barnett
--
14 Sasagi but Crossland will be there purely for relief of Randall - hopefully not 40 minutes relief though.
15 Croker
16 JSaifiti
17 Thompson

Hoping and somewhat expecting this for round 12.

ryan.a87

Juniors
1 Ponga
2 Tuala
3 Gagai
4 Young
5 Lee
6 Milford
7 Clifford
8 Klemmer
9 Randall
10 DSaifiti
11 Fitz
12 Friz
13 Barnett
--
14 Sasagi but Crossland will be there purely for relief of Randall - hopefully not 40 minutes relief though.
15 Croker
16 JSaifiti
17 Thompson

Hoping and somewhat expecting this for round 12.
Young has been killing it in the wing….why move him to centre?

mozza91

Coach
Is Mapapalgi eligible for FG? I’m pretty confident he’d handle it. The kid is absolute quality on both sides of the ball.

Jono078

Referee
Is Mapapalgi eligible for FG? I’m pretty confident he’d handle it. The kid is absolute quality on both sides of the ball.
I gotta say I’ve read from a few on here saying he’s probably our best junior but from what I’ve seen thus far I’m not too sure on him.

Seen glimpses of some nice things but the rest has definitely not been up to scratch.

Wouldn’t give him a shot ahead of Tuala or Sasagi right now anyway.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
he's on the Knights website in the 30. I thought he was a 5/8 ? but I've seen him in team lists at centre ? What's his position?

I'd be OK with Clifford in but I reckon Milf needs more time to take the role Clune has as a play maker.
I'd leave Clune and Milf.
Might be interesting with Cliff replacing Crossland but we know Crossland will get the gig.

Old dog

Juniors
Think Clifford has to come back if he is ok, no matter what he is a better option than Clune on one leg and his kicking is so much better.
Hopefully Gags stays with Young and Tuala with Lee a mix of experience and youth. Start with Klem and Croker and Safs on bench with Jones or Johns for variety and you know who at 14, when is Mann back.
For the Sasagi lovers leave him in reserves to develop he ain’t ready yet but might make it eventually

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Didn’t know where else to post this, but the herald is saying Hymel Hunt has a desire to play 14 and second row……I find that very interesting
not exactly the fastest, biggest, strongest, or athletic winger and he's 29 come seasons end, maybe he can extend his career with a move but I dont think so.

SL is calling Hymel