What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tears of the Bogan

Life's Good

Coach
I've given it some thought and Dugan only needs to do a few things for the media to reverse their perception of him:

- Wear headgear & then give it away to the kids after the game
- Start goalkicking & then give that away to the ball boy
- And most importantly, start picking up rubbish in the changeroom

If he can perfect a silly laugh then the sky's the limit.

Danish

Referee
Just watched NRL 360 with these 2 bottom feeders sitting with Ben Ikin complaining about how the media aren't treated with respect by the players.

Who the f**k would respect Paul Kent? His own family probably spit on him when they cross paths in the hallway each morning

Danish

Referee
I think player managers, clubs, players & the media could work a lot closer to break down the 'us v them' mentality that exists between parts of the media & a percentage of players. Sure, they'll never all be mates, but at least allow the media better access after games & during the week to let them find the real stories & the details about it - not something without substance, eg - a photo at a hospital with a group of players or the player with his partner & kids.

Some people will never change their opinion of Josh Dugan & they're entitled to that, but in my opinion, this story is worth reading.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...h/news-story/4206d10fc3f896c50c2559f93c33a08f

So the NRL and clubs need to spoon feed these good news stories to the media if they want them to be reported.....

..... but news ltd will happily send a photographer out with a f**king drone to hunt down some potential mad monady snaps?

Yeah f**k that. The NRL needs to go full AFL on these f**kers. Cut their media access at the knees if they don't tow the line, and demand their broadcasters like fox sports - who would be utterly ruined if they ever lost the NRL rights - to fire dumpster divers like Paul Kent.

BennyV

Referee
I've given it some thought and Dugan only needs to do a few things for the media to reverse their perception of him:

Needs to increase his competitiveness...

Danish

Referee

They’ll be passing off him getting into fights at Jupiters as Aussie larrikanism in no time

Tiger5150

Bench
Really though whst where his crimes drinking on a roof top a bottle of cruiser and calling Rothfield a dick head hangable offence stuff...the world has gone mad

His crime wasnt drinking cruizers on a roof, he was supposed to be at training and that was a clear F you to his coach

firechild

First Grade
Whatever he’s been doing for 5 years clearly isn’t working. He sure hasn’t helped himself with his off field antics that make him an easy target.

As for the wider game, I agree that the media like to stick the boot in at every opportunity. It’s only last week they were reporting a ‘bombshell’ revelation about Tigers players in a drug bust. Simply a nothing story.
It appears that once you are on the wrong side of the media there’s no way back irrespective of your efforts to change.
Disagree with the last part. The media jumped on Fudge's redemption story simply because he played footy and didn't kill anyone for 12 months after getting out of gaol. I don't like Dugan at all but the fact Fudge gets a free pass while blokes that drink too much get made out to be enemies of society is pretty sickening.

Yep. But Lodge is redeemed. f**king joke.

Lodge has a $1M+ debt to pay from something he has no recollection from in 2015. There were also well-documented issues before this incident/his arrest in the USA

Does he take ownership of his past. Yep
Has he publicly complained about the punishment. No
Has he publicly complained about his treatment from the media or social media. No
Has he re-offended since the incident. No

Redeemed?

That's up to anyone's opinion. Yours, mine, anyone.

In my opinion has taking all the right steps to redemption, and I don't see anything more he could otherwise be doing to get there.

I am genuinely interested in your opinion though, further detailed.

blaza88z

Coach
Lodge has a $1M+ debt to pay from something he has no recollection from in 2015. There were also well-documented issues before this incident/his arrest in the USA

Has he publicly complained about his treatment from the media or social media. No

Redeemed?

In my opinion has taking all the right steps to redemption, and I don't see anything more he could otherwise be doing to get there.

Take your non one-eyed view and shove it up your arse, way too much logic was applied there

AJB1102

First Grade

Redeemed?

I agree. For the most part. His $1M+ debt is of his own doing. As for no recollection of the events, well, how do you disagree with some allegations from a night you cannot recall?

I don't think Dugan's path to redemption for drinking on a roof and giving his coach the bird 5 years ago should be as arduous as that of Lodge & Packer.