What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

macnaz

Staff member
Nah. I dare say the paperwork is probably with the NRL awaiting a rubber stamping.

The process to sign a player is not a quick one. Its possible that negotiations with Nofoaluma & Sironen began before those with Tedesco.

Makes sence , hence l the lack activity from other clubs after him.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Teddy isn't going anywhere. It just doesn't make any sense that he would.

All his mates are here, he's locked down the fullback spot without any real contention. He's played all his juniors here and i'm sure he wants to see a premiership for the tigers while he is playing.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Simona let it slip that has re-signed at a press thingy at training during the week

BrotherJim05

Bench
Possible suspicion that he realised he let it slip so he tried to cover it up.

Who knows anyway

He may have just said it to stir the pot. I reckon they are all getting in Teddy's ear about re-signing.
A lot of the comments have been "hurry up and re-sign" him, rather than "I hope we can re-sign him". I reckon its already a done deal...just gotta get through the paperwork or something

Ron's_Mate

Bench
from the end of yet another article about where will Benji end up ...

Meanwhile, Wests Tigers fullback James Tedesco said he hoped to finalise his future before returning from injury in a month.
Tedesco has been strongly linked to Canterbury but he has made it clear that he wants to stay with the Tigers.
"It will probably be a few more weeks, I am just leaving it to my manager at the moment," Tedesco told Triple M radio.
"When I was playing I didn't want to find out this stuff because if you think about it, it could affect your footy. While I am injured I have got a chance to sign and not worry about it. I've got six weeks, so there is still plenty of time. I want to get it sorted out before I come back from injury
"The Tigers are my junior club, I grew up playing for the Western [Suburbs] Magpies in Campbelltown and came through the Harold Mathews and SG Ball [junior representative teams], I definitely would love to stay, I love all the boys, we are all young blokes and pretty close."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ohorse-race-20140427-zr0g0.html#ixzz3064E34ue

Tiger05

First Grade
"The Tigers are my junior club, I grew up playing for the Western [Suburbs] Magpies in Campbelltown and came through the Harold Mathews and SG Ball [junior representative teams], I definitely would love to stay, I love all the boys, we are all young blokes and pretty close."

This is very different to what he was stating before. I hope this means he has or is going to sign with us.

Matchball

Bench
His manager will be ironing out clauses. So will Mayer.
Its like a negotiation to make the deal that little bit sweeter.

Put it this way, I have a contract with my employer and the contract was 39 pages long with clauses and restrictions. Some its impossible for me to abide as I travel international frequently and I negotiated to have those removed from my contract.

As I said before. Its not like its one page saying 'James Tedesco will play for West tigers from now to 2017' sign below.
Its a game of control really. Both sides want to come out on top thinking they got the better end of the deal.
Please also factor in that Ayoub is his manager, he could be biding his time for more and delaying the resigning to make Mayer sweat.

All Mayer needs to do is show him pictures of Ennis and Reynolds on one side of a pinboard and a picture of his mates at the Tigers on another and ask him if he wants to play with those two f**kwits or his mates.

Irvine

Juniors
The way it looks is Tedesco wants to stay but Mayer doesn't want to pay his market value.
In the end Mayer is rolling the dice and hoping to out smart Ayoub relying on James' loyality to stay for no doubt less than what he could get elsewhere.

We don't know what Ayoub is telling Tedesco but it is very clear Tedesco wants to stay and if given the choice almost all players want to stay at their current club.

I have a feeling the longer this goes on and the more Ayoub is in his ear the worse it will be for Wests Tigers. Mayer needs to sort this out.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
zzzzzzzzzzzzz whats going on here, is he in a completion with Benji to see who blinks first & signs with "someone".
Pease let it be WT's for Teddy. Amen

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Can anyone shed any light on when Teddys return should be ? I've been holding him in supercoach and really want to hang in there with him but am needing the cash :)

BuffaloRules

Coach
Can anyone shed any light on when Teddys return should be ? I've been holding him in supercoach and really want to hang in there with him but am needing the cash :)

Not sure, I think another 3 weeks or so.

You should have traded him for Inglis when he got injured ( assuming you had Hayne already)

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Not sure, I think another 3 weeks or so.

You should have traded him for Inglis when he got injured ( assuming you had Hayne already)

Shit .. Another three weeks . He's a goner then . Already had GI , Hayne , mansauce , milf . Thought I'd be smart and hang on to him then watch everyone else burn another trade bringing him back in . Too many injuries now and am needing his cash .

broncos2010

Juniors
No one here worried about reading that the raiders will putting in a big bid for him with all the cap they have left.

If it's 700k plus his loyalty will be really tested I guess.

FootynRacing

Juniors
No one here worried about reading that the raiders will putting in a big bid for him with all the cap they have left.

If it's 700k plus his loyalty will be really tested I guess.

If it was anywhere but Canberra I might be a bit nervous. No one wants to play for Canberra.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If it was anywhere but Canberra I might be a bit nervous. No one wants to play for Canberra.

Yeah, there was actually these two up and coming Canberra players on the verge of playing regular NSW Origin who hated it so much they took some pictures of them drinking on a roof to get dropped from the team. Worked like a charm