What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

BrotherJim05

Bench
But back on Tedesco. Good on Mayer for not budging. I absolutely love Tedesco but he has not earnt the big bucks...yet.

Look at Lawrence. Good player but no where near the ridiculous money he's on. By all accounts when he signed the contract most would have thought he would be a shoe in for Australia by now.

The $500k+ that people are throwing around is just ludicrous. Giving Teddy that much also opens the doors for other up and coming juniors inflating their salaries.

So what is his value?

450K for 3 years is what I would suggest. Based on potential mostly and prior injury history.
Seems to be the real deal when fully fit and rep quality.

Hard to guage numbers as we get used to the increased cap and possible internal third party deals.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we had our way and no competition, he'd be on Lawrence money as a maximum (around 400k I believe)

But when we have poor depth in his position and competition for his signature, then, he's just like a house, we pay whatever the market dictates we should

Ghipo

Juniors
There should be some money now that a couple of players have been moved on.

I can't go through another year of watching Rowe and Moltzen. Tedesco is a local junior. Just give him a competitive contract, we all know he wants to stay..How long have we gone without a first class fullback...why force a local junior out just so we can sign another reserve grader no one else wants.

Just pay what he is worth. I am sure The Tedesco and Brooks combo will return it all through the gate takings in years to come.

Radical Rat

Juniors
There should be some money now that a couple of players have been moved on.

I can't go through another year of watching Rowe and Moltzen. Tedesco is a local junior. Just give him a competitive contract, we all know he wants to stay..How long have we gone without a first class fullback...why force a local junior out just so we can sign another reserve grader no one else wants.

Just pay what he is worth. I am sure The Tedesco and Brooks combo will return it all through the gate takings in years to come.

Agreed. World class full backs are hard to come by. Signing any contract is a gamble. I'd be prepared to pay him a decent contract and gamble that his body will hold up. I'd much rather that than let him go and gamble he won't become a superstar at another club.

Tiger05

First Grade
I hope he stays but I'm not confident at this point. Why is it taking so long to sign him ?

I understand every body wants top $$$$,the thing with Ted is that he is still at the stage where he is establishing himself in the NRL,asking for a premium price based on potential is all well and good but the WT my think it's a bit rich considering he has had problems with injuries.

broncos2010

Juniors
You would be surprised what $$ can mean.

Look at Proctor he was pretty much sure thing to stay at Storm but now that the raiders have come in with the big $$ he may have changed his mind even if its the raiders, who cares he wants to look after himself and his family in the long term.

Would not surprise me if Tadesco does the same, after all you only play football for so little and you try make as much money as you can from it while you can,loyalty is not around anymore its all business from both club and player end these days.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah, cos Cronk, Smith and Slater all went after the big mon... oh wait...

And loyalty isn't around anymore, i mean, just look at Gallen, Farah, Minichiello, Gidley, Parker, Slater, Smith, Cronk, Watmough, Campese, Fulton, Creagh, B.Stewart, Sutton, Thaiday....

Take your bullshit opinion elsewhere troll.

broncos2010

Juniors
yeah, cos Cronk, Smith and Slater all went after the big mon... oh wait...

And loyalty isn't around anymore, i mean, just look at Gallen, Farah, Minichiello, Gidley, Parker, Slater, Smith, Cronk, Watmough, Campese, Fulton, Creagh, B.Stewart, Sutton, Thaiday....

Take your bullshit opinion elsewhere troll.

All I am saying is don't come out crying if he goes elsewhere because your club is not prepared to pay what he is worth.

FootynRacing

Juniors
Tedesco and Proctor are also at completely different stages of their careers with very different futures ahead of them. Tedesco heading to the Raiders would almost certainly have a negative influence on him playing rep footy !!! Won't happen

rex2ce

Juniors
Tedesco is the most promising FB that West Tigers have developed for a long while, but he has proven nothing yet.
The current West Tigers administration have not allowed themselves to be carried away with potential and have obviously offered him an amount that they think he is worth whilst budgeting to keep other players as well , I hope he stays, but not for an amount that will dismantle the current team.

super_coach

First Grade
I think the Tigers are probably waiting to see if any clubs in the NRL or ESl are willing to take over a couple of contracts. I think we have to clear the decks before we can legally offer and register a new contract. Just a guess, other wise Iam sure the deal would have been stitched up one way or another a month ago

If he leaves because we cannot compete well that's unfortunate but I won't begrudge him for chasing the dollars. All I ask is that he puts in for the rest of the year.

Hopefully the fact that the club has stuck by him with his injuries and if they get reasonably close to other offers it might persuade him to stay. It seems that you have to pay overs to get a player to leave his current club.

Football suicide to move to Raiders and Stuart. Too dysfunctional.
Their pack is poor. More importantly the spine he is working with is disgraceful.
Butriss, mcCrone and Campese or Farah, Brooks and Moses.

Just makes no sense. Tigers just have to come kind of close to the money.
More worried about Canterbury. Good pack and ok spine. Finals bound.

Confident he will stay. Get the feeling we need to create some cap space for him.
One or two might be going.

macnaz

Staff member
If he goes to a desperate club as genuine marquee signing on big bucks so be it , but if he goes to usual cheating merkins with 10 other marquee players ill be pissed off bigtime!

Football suicide to move to Raiders and Stuart. Too dysfunctional.
Their pack is poor. More importantly the spine he is working with is disgraceful.
Butriss, mcCrone and Campese or Farah, Brooks and Moses.

Just makes no sense. Tigers just have to come kind of close to the money.
More worried about Canterbury. Good pack and ok spine. Finals bound.

Confident he will stay. Get the feeling we need to create some cap space for him.
One or two might be going.

Bang on, but if the dollars are good and the contract is a lengthy it'd be hard to resist irrespective of whether the club is up the shit or not.

Latest posts