What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

broncos2010

Juniors
Bang on, but if the dollars are good and the contract is a lengthy it'd be hard to resist irrespective of whether the club is up the shit or not.

That is what I was saying, no idea what madunit got all cut.

Money talks, there is hardly any more loyalty in sport especially in the younger generations coming through.

If West Tigers are offering him lets say 450k a year and Raiders come in and offer him 700k a year, anyone would take the Raiders offer no matter how much loyalty is at stake money talks.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is what I was saying, no idea what madunit got all cut.

Money talks, there is hardly any more loyalty in sport especially in the younger generations coming through.

If West Tigers are offering him lets say 450k a year and Raiders come in and offer him 700k a year, anyone would take the Raiders offer no matter how much loyalty is at stake money talks.

You are a troll. You came in here in the past and acted like a complete twat. Now f**k off and don't ever come back in here.

He might sign for 700k three years at Canberra. But what would his next contract coming out of that be?
He will not develop and fulfill his potential at Canberra. Hence I would imagine his next contract in hree years time would suffer. Big presumption of course.

If Billy Slater went to Raiders for 800k for three years at the start of his career I guarantee he isnt the player he is today and has a lot less money in the bank.

Despite his knee, Tedesco needs to think long term and not go for a cash grab.

In his shoes I would accept 450k at Tigers.
Or take 450k+ at the Dogs

broncos2010

Juniors
He might sign for 700k three years at Canberra. But what would his next contract coming out of that be?
He will not develop and fulfill his potential at Canberra. Hence I would imagine his next contract in hree years time would suffer. Big presumption of course.

If Billy Slater went to Raiders for 800k for three years at the start of his career I guarantee he isnt the player he is today and has a lot less money in the bank.

Despite his knee, Tedesco needs to think long term and not go for a cash grab.

In his shoes I would accept 450k at Tigers.
Or take 450k+ at the Dogs

Not really, if you look at Dugan and fergo who both played for raiders they where still stand outs in the team and considered hot property even tho raiders where struggling.Even if you look at Milford right now you can still see his class and ability when raiders are struggling real bad and his market value is not going down is it?

I think Tadesco is one of the best full backs in the game at the moment and who knows what rep future awaits him in the future, if Tigers lose him by offering him something like 400k and another club sees the true potential and gives him what he deserves they only have themselves to blame.

At this stage he is really still developmental, a fine balance between paying good money and over-the-top for potential.

If he wants to win a premiership on good money he'll go to Canterbury or stay with the Tigers, if he wants ridiculous money he'll go to Canberra. It all hinges on what is important to him.

broncos2010

Juniors
At this stage he is really still developmental, a fine balance between paying good money and over-the-top for potential.

If he wants to win a premiership on good money he'll go to Canterbury or stay with the Tigers, if he wants ridiculous money he'll go to Canberra. It all hinges on what is important to him.

How are you so sure that Canberra can not become a premiership threat sooner or later, they are due you would imagine.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Lets just pretend that Tedesco does not resign with us. Is it really as bad as we are making it out to be? Don't get me wrong, I want him in our starting side as much as anybody but if he didn't would it really be that bad?

We could continue to develop Rowe, and with a bit more size and confidence he could be a very good fullback. While Teddy leaving would be a big loss, we could use the money to sign a solid back rower like Ben Teo...suddenly doesn't quite feel like the end of the world.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Lets just pretend that Tedesco does not resign with us. Is it really as bad as we are making it out to be? Don't get me wrong, I want him in our starting side as much as anybody but if he didn't would it really be that bad?

We could continue to develop Rowe, and with a bit more size and confidence he could be a very good fullback. While Teddy leaving would be a big loss, we could use the money to sign a solid back rower like Ben Teo...suddenly doesn't quite feel like the end of the world.

You surely jest about Ben Teo. Don't you remember pea hearted efforts he produced for us when he first cracked grade .

But back on topic, I hope Farah gets in Teddy's ear and warns him about Stuart . The other week when Farah was on NRL 360, Ben Ikin asked Farah a question about sticky and what he had done for his game whilst origin coach. All Robbie could do was look down and say he became a good mate and mumbled something about sticky could get the best out of him. Robbie looked embarrassed.

You surely jest about Ben Teo. Don't you remember pea hearted efforts he produced for us when he first cracked grade .

But back on topic, I hope Farah gets in Teddy's ear and warns him about Stuart . The other week when Farah was on NRL 360, Ben Ikin asked Farah a question about sticky and what he had done for his game whilst origin coach. All Robbie could do was look down and say he became a good mate and mumbled something about sticky could get the best out of him. Robbie looked embarrassed.

I noticed that too. Hilarious. Simple question and he couldnt give a straight answer.

macnaz

Staff member
Farah loves Stuart and he stated thats why he would have gone to Parra if he left , so dont expect Robbie to sway Tedesco along those lines .

I'm adamant that while Sticky is coach of Canberra, they will go nowhere. He cannot coach and polarises his playing squad.

Todays Telegraph has a photo of Tedesco and Mansour at Sydney air port apparently returning from Canberra.
While i cant blame the guy for looking around the article mentioned the WT have offered him a four year contract which he hasn't signed,hopefully he will..!

Latest posts