What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

macnaz

Staff member
Considering its usualy the player managers meeting with clubs during negotiations its a bit concerning if its progressed to a point where Tedesco is meeting personally with another club .Makes me think it must be something he is seriously considering :(

Also doesn't it piss people of while we are struggling to sign a rookie and also offloading state cup players the f**king rorters have set up another bogus scheme to ensure they have yet another rep player in their team for 2015 in Blake Ferguson .... the cap system is so friggin corrupt !!

Last edited:

BuffaloRules

Coach
Farah visited other clubs before re-signing so all is not lost yet.

Canberra need to offer massive overs to attract players, so I guess it all comes down to the difference.

I would think that if Tigers are at or below $400k per year as other sources have said, than I suggest they
sharpen the pencil.

TimmyB

Juniors
Starting to feel the same way I did about Prince - looking forward to the announcement that he's leaving.

It might be unfair, but these protracted contract negotiations really start to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

andrew057

First Grade
Farah visited other clubs before re-signing so all is not lost yet.

Canberra need to offer massive overs to attract players, so I guess it all comes down to the difference.

I would think that if Tigers are at or below $400k per year as other sources have said, than I suggest they
sharpen the pencil.

I know he has a bad injury history, but if Tigers are at or below 400k theyre having a laugh.

The one concern i have with this saga is that the WTseemed to of stuck by Tedesco when he suffered that knee injury in round 1 of 2012,there appears to be no gratitude or appreciation of loyalty shown in return.

innsaneink

Referee
The one concern i have with this saga is that the WTseemed to of stuck by Tedesco when he suffered that knee injury in round 1 of 2012,there appears to be no gratitude or appreciation of loyalty shown in return.
What are clubs supposed to do with players that suffer season ending injurys?
Toss them aside?

I hear this argument a lot, and while what teddy is doing is peeing me off, especially this week of all weeks....clubs dont show much loyalty and what WTs have done is nothing but honour a contract, no massive favour or anything

BrotherJim05

Bench
A lot of people will be filthy if Teddy leaves. I see one of four situations occurring

A. He stays on a long term lucrative deal. Becomes the next Billy Slater and is instrumental in winning us a premiership

B. He stays on a long term lucrative deal. Keeps getting injured, or has an injury that drastically hampers his form. Everyone starts whinging about how much cap space he is taking up (sound familiar?).

C. Goes to another club and with the cap space we sign a high value player, back-rower or otherwise. Rowe develops as a solid fullback and things turn out fine (maybe even better if situation B. happens at another club).

D. Goes to another club and kills it. Whatever we use the cap space for doesn't quite heal the wounds that Teddy leaves behind.

I'm hoping situation A. is what happens, but realistically there is just as much chance for any of these to occur.

super_coach

First Grade
If in fact he is being offered 200g more by the raiders he would be mad not to sign on the dotted line.You only get a very short time as a pro footballer to earn big dollars,the window can come crashing down in a flash.

As for loyalty, why???Its a cut throat business ,just ask all the players who have been shopped around and released. Now if the Tigs can only table a moderate offer it's either because the cap is full or they can not arrange any decent third party deals. So the time has come for both parties to wrap this thing up once and for all and from a Tigers point of view they win either way,Teddy signs they get a top no1 at a fair price,if he leaves they now have money to retain and maybe recruit a player or two

macnaz

Staff member
Yes he can sign elsewhere for more money but also run the risk of being in a languishing side losing his profile thus hampering his chances of extra money for rep honours and future 3rd party sponsorships .its a case of easy money now or work hard and earn even more later.

BuffaloRules

Coach
If the difference is 300K per YEAR, then he would have rocks in his head not to sign with the Raiders and any of us would do the same.

nikko

Juniors
I wonder what Kurtis is thinking in all of this...f**k , imagine whats going through teds head.....the moneys great if i go to canberra , but the cold ? , the boredom of living canberra ffs ! , the coach , the very real issue of seeing all his mates gunning for top 4 finishes over the next several years at the tigers and him languishing in a bog average canberra team with stuart as coach , family and friends all up in sydney etc etc.....yep tricky decision for ted....i'd hate to see him go....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Tigers should actually give Tedesco a short term deal on good coin, give them more time to clear decks to make a long term and stronger deal in the future.

Give him 2 years on 400k a season and say that if his form continues they'll re enter negotiations after 12-16 months with the view of offering him close to double that money on a 5 year deal etc etc

That way we keep him til Blair and Anasta's deals end, then we use that coin on Teddy.

There'll be enough left over to top up Moses' deal before it comes to an end.

andrew057

First Grade
The Tigers should actually give Tedesco a short term deal on good coin, give them more time to clear decks to make a long term and stronger deal in the future.

Give him 2 years on 400k a season and say that if his form continues they'll re enter negotiations after 12-16 months with the view of offering him close to double that money on a 5 year deal etc etc

That way we keep him til Blair and Anasta's deals end, then we use that coin on Teddy.

There'll be enough left over to top up Moses' deal before it comes to an end.

If Raiders are offering 500k+ over 3 years, you think the offer you mentioned would be enough to keep him?

Vic Mackey

Referee
In the past 12 months we've released Ellis, Ryan, lote, benji, heighno and ayshford. All would be on decent coin. We've only signed fcking reserve graders. How the f**k do we not have the money for tedesco?!? Did we resign woods for $2mil a season?!?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If Raiders are offering 500k+ over 3 years, you think the offer you mentioned would be enough to keep him?

Yes. 1.5mil over 3 years (500k a year) compared to 4.8 mil over 7 years (almost 700k a year)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the past 12 months we've released Ellis, Ryan, lote, benji, heighno and ayshford. All would be on decent coin. We've only signed fcking reserve graders. How the f**k do we not have the money for tedesco?!? Did we resign woods for $2mil a season?!?

We re-signed Nofo, Simona, Sironen, Brooks & Moses all on much higher salaries than they were previously on.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
I heard of a mate whose brother is good friends with Teddy says that he is STRONGLY considering the Raiders offer. Obviously he is not gone yet, but apparently the money dwarfs the Tigers offer. Something in the region of 600k a year. Hard to compete with that.

macnaz

Staff member
Well we need to look at moving Simona to fullback and look for 2 centre's , 1 to cover Simona and another to replace Lawrence.

Latest posts