What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

Tiger05

First Grade
If Tedesco goes fine. I can handle it although I hope he stays. Just plug Simona there and he will be just as good no problems.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lawrence's form, like any centre, is strongly dependent on the halves feeding them ball.

Ayshford looked shit here when Benji was playing rubbish in 2012 and 2013. Ayshford is shit now playing outside a shithouse Carney.

Lawrence was shit playing outside Anasta and Marshall and with Brooks getting poor ball today and Luani's slow service from the play the ball, Brooks had no chance to get Lawrence any decent ball.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If this all goes to shit and he takes the Canberra deal, I honestly can't blame how Mayer has handled this. We can't just buy into the hype and offer ridiculous salaries to players who have less than 20 NRL games under their belt!

I completely agree with Mad Unit. Give him a really solid 1-2 year deal and let fate decide how much Teddy is worth. Gives us time to clear the books if we have to offer him a huge salary later down the track.

TYGA

Juniors
If we are $100k a year under Raiders he will stay.

Thats $63kp.a. in net income after tax + he will rent say at $1k per week or $52k so he will be $11k p.a. better off but he has to live in Canberra.

We will offer $500k p.a. so that is telling me Canberra would have to offer $650k+p.a. and a very long term contract to sign him.

broncos2010

Juniors
Raiders offering 800k 3 year deal tigers only 500k but 4 years.

Money difference is to big for the loyalty card here I think unless tigers make one last ditch.

eozsmiles

Bench
If we are $100k a year under Raiders he will stay.

Thats $63kp.a. in net income after tax + he will rent say at $1k per week or $52k so he will be $11k p.a. better off but he has to live in Canberra.

We will offer $500k p.a. so that is telling me Canberra would have to offer $650k+p.a. and a very long term contract to sign him.

Rent is rent. If he's paying a thousand a week in Sydney, he's paying it in Canberra. I dare say Canberra or the Tigers will help him out with somewhere to stay anyway, and something to drive.
Or that $63k (could be a heap more according to reports) a year goes a long way towards buying a property. It's a s**tload of cash.

mems77

Juniors
My gawd that's some cash. Most of us can only dream of that sort of dosh. It's not like these blokes are saving lives or anything.

See ya Teddy.

Ghipo

Juniors
I heard of a mate whose brother is good friends with Teddy says that he is STRONGLY considering the Raiders offer. Obviously he is not gone yet, but apparently the money dwarfs the Tigers offer. Something in the region of 600k a year. Hard to compete with that.

That's what I have been told as well.
To make matters worse the Wests Tigers are now saying they offered 500k which is just a complete lie to make Teddy look bad.

The person who made up that lie should have been sacked from Wests Tigers a long time ago.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Potter is saying publicly that they have made him a "good" offer.

If that is rubbish, then why is he going along with it?

Doesn't he want to do everything he can to keep one of best players?

Or does he really think $320K is good money for him?

macnaz

Staff member
So whats Brooks worth in comparison ? . If we have to be paying a ridiculous amount of money on a player id rather it be saved to secure Brooks for ever as a Weststiger.

macnaz

Staff member
Potter is saying publicly that they have made him a "good" offer.

If that is rubbish, then why is he going along with it?

Doesn't he want to do everything he can to keep one of best players?

Or does he really think $320K is good money for him?

Also there may be a third party paying more above the so called 320.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Just plug Simona there and he will be just as good no problems.

You are kidding. If Tedesco leaves we are f**ked. Simple as that.

A quality #1 is hard to come by these days and we won't have one unless we spend big (which we obviously can't).

Tiger05

First Grade

A quality #1 is hard to come by these days and we won't have one unless we spend big (which we obviously can't).

Its not that bad. I want him to stay and it would really piss me off if he leaves however we have some good options and Simona is a really good one.

We just can't though pay overs for every player that we have.

super_coach

First Grade
Raiders seem to be offering crazy money, so I would imagine Teddy will walk. As long as we offered him a fair and generous contract,Iam okay with him walking. Mayer has to be mindful of all his contracted players and keeping the right balance. The last thing you want is players getting disgruntled because one player is getting to big of a slice of the pie.

This has dragged on way to long and is starting to turn people off.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Its not that bad. I want him to stay and it would really piss me off if he leaves however we have some good options and Simona is a really good one.

We just can't though pay overs for every player that we have.

They are merely good options - Tedesco is a potential superstar.

We shouldn't pay overs, but we also shouldn't skimp - if our rumoured offer is true then it is pathetic, and I wouldn't blame anyone for taking Canberra's offer.

The Raiders can offer more, fair enough, but our offer should at least be competitive?

broncos2010

Juniors
Raiders seem to be offering crazy money, so I would imagine Teddy will walk. As long as we offered him a fair and generous contract,Iam okay with him walking. Mayer has to be mindful of all his contracted players and keeping the right balance. The last thing you want is players getting disgruntled because one player is getting to big of a slice of the pie.

This has dragged on way to long and is starting to turn people off.

You can only imagine how much cap they have considering the type of players they have lost over the last 18 months in Dugan,Milford and Fergo plus they don't really have any high rate marquees.

Also with TLL,White and maybe also shilo going they could have some serious spending money.

macnaz

Staff member

A good half and five eight are even harder to come by... id rather pay overs for Brooks and Moses and KEEP them forever and then settle for a goodish fullback then bankrupt the Joint for Tedesco.. but still yeah they should try their best to keep him as well if possible.

FootynRacing

Juniors
I simply cannot handle the thought of losing this guy. The combination he is starting to build with Brooks is just too hard to come by and something we havent had since the Prince/ Hodgson days. Our future spine of Tedesco, Moses, Brooks and Farah has the potential to be better than the Storm's. This is just sad.

Latest posts