What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

I'm 40 and I haven't been drunk posting in ages. I just maintain the rage and tell f**kwits when they are f**kwits.

Seriously it is a concern to me when they are a lot of Tigers supporters with no balls. The ones that really piss me off though are the shit talkers who cry when you give it back to them.

You must spend a shitload of time raging at your reflection.

Tigerm

Coach
I wonder what will happen if he does get another leg injury, what will the raiders do?

Does anyone know what's happening in the Fifita saga with the dogs? i.e is he going to get paid out?

Tedesco could have a problem holding on to his contract?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm 40 and I haven't been drunk posting in ages. I just maintain the rage and tell f**kwits when they are f**kwits.
Sorry but no. You call people f**kwits if they don't agree with you. Quite different.

Seriously it is a concern to me when they are a lot of Tigers supporters with no balls. The ones that really piss me off though are the shit talkers who cry when you give it back to them.
What does carrying on like a pork chop like you are doing, actually do to allieviate the problem?

I'll tell you. Nothing.

There's nothing that can be done about what players do. If they choose to leave, so be it. Good riddance and we all move on.

There have been players at this club who would be considered traitors, but who i'm sure you never called them such while they played with us.

It's a two way street. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Now we know Tedesco is leaving, the club can now focus on its future. If that means Tedesco doesn't play anymore games for us, than most people won't be opposed to that.

This in itself shows that most fans are happy to move on from him just as quickly as you have for the same reasons.

The difference is, they don't feel the need to call him a traitor & all that other shit. Nor do they feel the need to abuse other people who would, like you, not be opposed to him sitting out the rest of the season.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder what will happen if he does get another leg injury, what will the raiders do?

Does anyone know what's happening in the Fifita saga with the dogs? i.e is he going to get paid out?

Tedesco could have a problem holding on to his contract?

Not sure what you're getting at. Raiders aren't going to sack him if he gets injured. And if they do, they'll have to pay out his contract anyway.

Fifita is going to take the dogs to court, but i don't see that he'll have much success in that venture.

Tigerm

Coach
Not sure what you're getting at. Raiders aren't going to sack him if he gets injured. And if they do, they'll have to pay out his contract anyway.

Fifita is going to take the dogs to court, but i don't see that he'll have much success in that venture.

I guess I meant, if he suffered a long term leg injury, again now. Would they feel he is just to injury prone? And as such, terminate his contract. The dogs did it, for different reasons, but they did it.

I suppose that's the perils of signing someone mid-season.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess I meant, if he suffered a long term leg injury, again now. Would they feel he is just to injury prone? And as such, terminate his contract. The dogs did it, for different reasons, but they did it.

I suppose that's the perils of signing someone mid-season.

I think Fifita's case is highly different - The alleged lack of Third Party sponsors willing to top up his contract (thus his contract being substantially less then what he agreed to) decided his fate there. That's a contractual issue entirely.

Tedesco's isn't. If he gets injured, then stiff shit, thats the price you pay and the risk you take in this game.

moller

Juniors
Mansour has re-signed with Penrith.
So of the four players they were very publicly chasing, Canberra have only snared Tedesco - Proctor, Ennis and Mansour have all turned them down.

TYGA

Juniors
I hope the kid has a change of heart before round 13 and accepts Tigers 1st offer. The reported difference is $500k gross over 3 years or $260k net after tax $87k net p.a

I think it a bad call for $87k p.a.net when you have to move i.e.: rent or buy a home in Canberra.
He kills any chance of rep football and the next contract he signs will also be impacted.

If reports are correct this is a dumb decision which, the other players have worked through logically.

Tiger05

First Grade
Sorry but no. You call people f**kwits if they don't agree with you. Quite different.

I don't do that at all. I can handle a difference of opinion without an issue. Its when people are dickheads that I give it back to them. Show me where I've called someone a f**kwit who hasn't initially been a rude disrespectful twat.

There's nothing that can be done about what players do. If they choose to leave, so be it. Good riddance and we all move on.

I agree to a point. I see no issue with me calling him traitor. If you have been on the official forum its pretty funny seeing his name changed to Tede$co.

Nor do they feel the need to abuse other people who would, like you, not be opposed to him sitting out the rest of the season.

I think he should sit out the season or play reserves but I can accept a difference of opinion without a problem.

I don't abuse people who don't deserve it. I have no problems communicating respectfully to people however if you want to talk shit I'll go back at you. Its that simple.

Tiger05

First Grade
I hope the kid has a change of heart before round 13 and accepts Tigers 1st offer. The reported difference is $500k gross over 3 years or $260k net after tax $87k net p.a

I think it a bad call for $87k p.a.net when you have to move i.e.: rent or buy a home in Canberra.
He kills any chance of rep football and the next contract he signs will also be impacted.

If reports are correct this is a dumb decision which, the other players have worked through logically.

This is what I don't get. I don't think he has objectively thought this through. This is one of the main reasons I'm judging him harshly. The facts appear to be that he has made a really short term money grab. Its like earning an extra couple of grand at work but having to travel for an extra 2 hours. To me the extra money isn't worth it.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I think there are other factors to this that we are unaware of. I hear that Tigers offered him $500k but I think its a wild rumour. It seems more logical that we offered him around 300k, which explains his move for the $$

BrotherJim05

Bench
Also, watching Teddy play will be so different now. Usually im biting my nails thinking he will get injured at any point. Now it won't matter. Hopefully he steps up and kills it in his last games. As pissed off as I am we still have a season to win

Tiger05

First Grade
Also, watching Teddy play will be so different now. Usually im biting my nails thinking he will get injured at any point. Now it won't matter. Hopefully he steps up and kills it in his last games. As pissed off as I am we still have a season to win

I hope we win but its going to be hard to support him. I don't want him to get injured again and I hope he kills it as well however I wouldn't play him. I'd be looking at next years options unless we are buying another fullback which I can't see happening.

macnaz

Staff member
I hope we win but its going to be hard to support him. I don't want him to get injured again and I hope he kills it as well however I wouldn't play him. I'd be looking at next years options unless we are buying another fullback which I can't see happening.

New territory for me , I can honestly say in 40+ years of supporting a team I have never been in a position where Ive felt betrayed by a player to the extent I dislike them and find it difficult to applaud anything further they do at WT. The only player I can recall that has left this club when 100% of support was behind him to stay was Scott Prince , but I never held any grudges against him as he was heading home , but more importantly gave WT several years of his best football and helped massively in contributing to a Premiership.Tede$co didnt repay this club didly squat unfortunately.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
New territory for me , I can honestly say in 40+ years of supporting a team I have never been in a position where Ive felt betrayed by a player to the extent I dislike them and find it difficult to applaud anything further they do at WT. The only player I can recall that has left this club when 100% of support was behind him to stay was Scott Prince , but I never held any grudges against him as he was heading home , but more importantly gave WT several years of his best football and helped massively in contributing to a Premiership.Tede$co didnt repay this club didly squat unfortunately.

I've been supporting the club for 30 odd years. I've never seen an instance like this. Prince to me is possibly the closest but as you say its not really close at all. I never thought Prince had done the wrong thing by us. Prince (I think mostly his wife) didn't like living in Sydney. I can understand this. I can't understand Tede$co at all.

Latest posts