What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

super_coach

First Grade
The Chooks do not end up under bidders at to many auctions, they seem to be always able to make another bid, if I was cynical I would suggest its not a level playing field.

Do you enjoy success more when you have to work hard and develop it from nothing, or when you buy it????

I still think the Teddy contract saga has a few more twists and turns to go till its done and dusted but the NRL has to reward the clubs that have massive junior program's in place, oh for a transfer system, we would be rolling in it

FootynRacing

Juniors
Beetroot cheeks Slothfield has announced in his column today that he has signed with the Roosters

Phew. Was really worried there for a while that we could lose him, but given this flea's strike rate, suggest now all will be OK.

Even though it's Rothfield making the claim this has me freaking out. Surely Wests Tigers are not stupid enough to let him go ? I just can't imagine him leaving us when the stars seem to be aligning and he is about to become part of something very special over the next few seasons. If we lose him I don't know if I'll cope, I believe it would truly be our biggest f**k up of all time !!!

macnaz

Staff member
I suggest we start looking for quality centre to replace Simona when he switches to fullback next year.

macnaz

Staff member
Even though it's Rothfield making the claim this has me freaking out. Surely Wests Tigers are not stupid enough to let him go ? I just can't imagine him leaving us when the stars seem to be aligning and he is about to become part of something very special over the next few seasons. If we lose him I don't know if I'll cope, I believe it would truly be our biggest f**k up of all time !!!

It may seem a f**k up but we cant sacrifice our cap and future talent by paying crazy money trying to match dodgy unrealistic money from f**king cheats with an endless supply of cash. Its a totally floored system that has to change , its getting out of hand and is making a mockery of the whole salary cap .
We pay him a million a year then next time it will be the same for Moses, Brooks or Simona etc

Last edited:

boonboon

Juniors
I will repeat what I said a week ago. Teddy is a priority. We are exceptionally keen to have him. When we have something to say, we will." Tweet from Grant Mayer this morning in response to Rothfields idiocy.

Tiger05

First Grade
It may seem a f**k up but we cant sacrifice our cap and future talent by paying crazy money trying to match dodgy unrealistic money from f**king cheats with an endless supply of cash. Its a totally floored system that has to change , its getting out of hand and is making a mockery of the whole salary cap .
We pay him a million a year then next time it will be the same for Moses, Brooks or Simona etc

I really want Tedesco to stay but this is 100% correct. We can't keep paying overs for players. It just can't continue because we are constantly screwed.

Tedesco to me fits in great with this club and I expect him to stay however the last thing we need is another 05 overpaying of players who may or may not grow into superstars. I really hope that the money we have paid for Farah and Woods doesn't stuff us signing players like Tedesco, Brooks, Moses, Nofo & Simona.

I will repeat what I said a week ago. Teddy is a priority. We are exceptionally keen to have him. When we have something to say, we will." Tweet from Grant Mayer this morning in response to Rothfields idiocy.

I like this tweet even though I never look at Twitter and won't be any time soon. The DT is consistently full of shit and we just have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
The WT's have been very loyal to Teddy and his injuries. The kid deserves a contract upgrade, get rid of Adam Blair and give him the cheque he is asking. He is the closest thing to Billy Slater I have seen.

Mader45

Juniors
Umm. What about Roger Tuivasa Sheck? Why the f**k would the Roosters groom a fullback for two years into their team, even playing him in dual roles this year that he is doing great at, to then tell him to get stuffed?

.... wel i guess the Hoffman/Barba saga answers that.

macnaz

Staff member
Umm. What about Roger Tuivasa Sheck? Why the f**k would the Roosters groom a fullback for two years into their team, even playing him in dual roles this year that he is doing great at, to then tell him to get stuffed?

.... wel i guess the Hoffman/Barba saga answers that.

Because like someone else stated.He is the shiney new toy they just have to have !

the NRL has to reward the clubs that have massive junior program's in place, oh for a transfer system, we would be rolling in it

that's exactly why it will never happen the clubs with strong junior programs might actually be able to keep some of their talented players we cant have that

macnaz

Staff member
Wish Harry T would throw a shitload of money in to blow minows like Politis out of the ball game . Even if its just an ego thing on his behalf to show he can buy a team as well.
In saying that id imagine its illegal to do so and only certain clubs would dare do it.

macnaz

Staff member
By the way keep an eye out on the golf courses to see if Teddy is having a rnd with any dodgy car salesmen.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Bunniestard just threw out one of his "done deals" about teddy and easts.
If that anything to go buy I congratulate you guys on resigning him.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Wish Harry T would throw a shitload of money in to blow minows like Politis out of the ball game . Even if its just an ego thing on his behalf to show he can buy a team as well.
In saying that id imagine its illegal to do so and only certain clubs would dare do it.
A lot of it is due to the third party agreements. According to Roy Masters in the SMH yesterday, the Dogs will probably register Fifita's $850K contract at around $450K with the other $400K coming from third party deals. That's how they can stay under the cap. Its a few clubs like the Dogs and Rorters whose directors have wealthy mates they can rope in to finance these deals. So yes, it would be great if Harry or some other rich guy could offer a third party deal to players like Tedesco.

macnaz

Staff member
A lot of it is due to the third party agreements. According to Roy Masters in the SMH yesterday, the Dogs will probably register Fifita's $850K contract at around $450K with the other $400K coming from third party deals. That's how they can stay under the cap. Its a few clubs like the Dogs and Rorters whose directors have wealthy mates they can rope in to finance these deals. So yes, it would be great if Harry or some other rich guy could offer a third party deal to players like Tedesco.

The NRL supposingly is to scrutinize the registered cap value and if it doesnt reflect the true player value then they can refuse to sign of on the deal. But who decides what is the real player value ?? If it is even done for some clubs .

macnaz

Staff member
The floor is the 3rd party must not be a club sponsor , so what stops uncle Nick giving a million bucks to his cousin Jim Sucapenis Motors to service his car if he sponsors Tedesco to the tune of $800 k and stick his faceon a mail box flyer ? Total f**king rort , it was ddesigned to keep marquee players in the code not to buy a comp.
At the very least the player MUST be valued at least what his 2nd best offer was , that will help stop BS like Fifita being registered as $450 when the sharks would have cleary offered more in real legit money.

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee
The Chooks do not end up under bidders at to many auctions, they seem to be always able to make another bid, if I was cynical I would suggest its not a level playing field.

Do you enjoy success more when you have to work hard and develop it from nothing, or when you buy it????

I still think the Teddy contract saga has a few more twists and turns to go till its done and dusted but the NRL has to reward the clubs that have massive junior program's in place, oh for a transfer system, we would be rolling in it

When youre born with not just the spoon, but an entire silver cutlery set in your mouth....'working hard' is a very foreign concept....its what the housemaid does

innsaneink

Referee
The NRL supposingly is to scrutinize the registered cap value and if it doesnt reflect the true player value then they can refuse to sign of on the deal. But who decides what is the real player value ?? If it is even done for some clubs .

Yeah, thats what I read yesterday researching all this, seems to be a very grey vague area

BrotherJim05

Bench
I know that money talks and NRL players have to take care of themselves but Tedesco really needs to take a very hard long look in the mirror and reflect on the important things in life. Teddy and Brooks have the opportunity to build something together. What if all the hype is true and they become the next Cronk/Slater! He came up all through the junior ranks and then decides to leave after his first real season? I will not be happy.

If the tigers become a premiership force again, the sponsors will come pouring back in and we may be in a position to offer lucrative third party deals.

Latest posts