What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I beg to differ, for mine it would be Sirro.....Nofo & Teddy are guns

Strong arguments can be made for Nofo and Sironen, but Teddy seems to be the one in the box seat atm, with one of the other two missing out if push came to shove - which it hopefully doesn't.

N.C.

Juniors
Can someone please remind me what we did with all that money Benji Marshall left behind when he walked out on his contract?

We should be well and truly in this game...

Ghipo

Juniors
It would be fairly hard to sign a contract when you haven't even been offered one.

Tigers dragging the chain with Tedesco
The Wests Tigers have yet to offer James Tedesco a new deal.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sport- ... 6860614434

IF Wests Tigers happen to lose James Tedesco the outcry that greeted the exit of Andrew Fifita will be a mere whimper. And yet for some bizarre reason it’s taken the Tigers until last week to get serious about re-signing him. Forget Canterbury – we’re tipping Manly’s Peta Hiku is their man – the Roosters are the real danger. Tedesco became extremely close to Anthony Minichiello while playing for Italy at last year’s World Cup and succeeding his No. 1 jersey at Bondi would now be a huge thrill for the Tigers junior. Tigers CEO Grant Mayer told us he intends to try and fast-track negotiations next week.

Radical Rat

Juniors
Me either , you look at the squad the roosters have .. 6 or more players considered marque signings for any other clubs , ability to retain 2 star wingers fast becoming marque level players AND still be in the market for the likes of Tedesco and Ferguson . FFS why are we struggling to hang on to a couple of rookies ? The system is either totally floored or totally corupt. Even the Bronco's who smash every other club financialy only ever seem to have a modest realistic side each year , I just do t get it.
If we lose Teddy I honestly dont know if I would bother suppporting the game anymore under the current setup :(
Seriously this goes further then just keeping Tedesco , if we cant even build a side of cheap rookie juniors to a point we can ffinally field a competitive team , what hope do we have of trying to buy established stars to build a winning side ?

The dogs just made Fifita (SOO & Aust. Rep) the highest paid forward in the game. They just re-signed Morris (SOO & Aust.) and Ennis (club captain and SOO), and apparently they can still outbid us for Teddy? Yet we are talking about having to shed one of Teddy, Nofo or Siro who have collectively about 100 NRL games between them? What a load of sh!t.

I'm with you Macnaz, if we do lose Teddy to the Dogs or Roosters, I'm gonna be so unbelievably pissed off and disillusioned I don't think I'll be able to follow league anymore. Life will suck, but I just couldn't handle that happening.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can someone please remind me what we did with all that money Benji Marshall left behind when he walked out on his contract?

resigned Simona, Sironen, Brooks and Moses from memory.

Radical Rat

Juniors
It would be fairly hard to sign a contract when you haven't even been offered one.

Tigers dragging the chain with Tedesco
The Wests Tigers have yet to offer James Tedesco a new deal.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sport- ... 6860614434

IF Wests Tigers happen to lose James Tedesco the outcry that greeted the exit of Andrew Fifita will be a mere whimper. And yet for some bizarre reason it?s taken the Tigers until last week to get serious about re-signing him. Forget Canterbury ? we?re tipping Manly?s Peta Hiku is their man ? the Roosters are the real danger. Tedesco became extremely close to Anthony Minichiello while playing for Italy at last year?s World Cup and succeeding his No. 1 jersey at Bondi would now be a huge thrill for the Tigers junior. Tigers CEO Grant Mayer told us he intends to try and fast-track negotiations next week.

And what's RTS gonna think about that? Roosters fans have been creaming their pants about him taking over from Mini for the past 2 years.

F*ck I hate the Roosters, now that Tedesco is killing it he's some shiny new toy and they want him. They can go f*ck themselves.

BrotherJim05

Bench
resigned Simona, Sironen, Brooks and Moses from memory.

Also Farah, Fulton and Galloway.

I'm very confident that we can resign Tedesco. All this hype is exactly what it is...hype.

Mayer is not an idiot, he is probably stalling because the "threat" of Tedesco leaving is a load of horse shit.
Teddy's manager is trying to make Tigers fans thing he's gonna leave, maybe he is bluffing and Mayer has called him out.
Either way, I hope it all gets settled soon. I really don't want to lose Teddy but then again I don't want our entire cap blown on this kid.

Dr Gonzo

Juniors
f**king Roosters. Every year I pray someone will investigate that place. How the f**k can they have that sort of a line up and stay under the cap. Politis is paying somebody off... their team is reminiscent of the Storm team that got busted.

BrotherJim05

Bench
It's time the NRL started rewarding clubs substantially for development of local juniors into first grade. Give teams 50% discounts on juniors against the cheque book clubs so that they can at least compete to make an offer.

I completely agree with this, I've actually said the exact same thing a bunch of times.

Installing this into the NRL would not only allow clubs to ensure they can retain all their juniors, but also provide as an incentive for clubs to focus on their juniors rather than just poaching them from other clubs

Benji offered 800k per season for next three from memory.
Obviously have the ability to find that money. Lets use it.

Clubs simply must get allowance for local juniors and 10 year veterans.
Development and loyalty must be rewarded.

Management MUST explain if we lose him.
Just doesnt seem possible we dont have the money.

magpie guy

Juniors
I would be ropeable if we lost Teddy. He is the best option we have had at Fullback since we failed to retain Hodgeson. Since then we have had plodders and pea hearts back there in what is one of the most important positions in the current game.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We got a pretty decent discount though with Benji, being a loyal player.

I think the best way to make the cap work to reward players producing good talent, is to have the loyalty discount reeled in from 10 years to 5, and have it start from when the player turns 18, so that by the time they turn 23, the club is eligible for a loyalty discount and they can get their big paychecks then.

I dont have a problem with Teddy finding out his market value, but i just hope he gives the WT the final offer with his next contract.

macnaz

Staff member
I dont have a problem with Teddy finding out his market value, but i just hope he gives the WT the final offer with his next contract.

It was more the lack of excitement or desire to stay in his statements made , maybe he is just doing as told my his manager.

macnaz

Staff member
We should have locked in his contract when he was in a knee brace.

Massive call .. we could have had and still maybe have another Moltzen on our hands as far as injury. Hope he is 100% in the future tho.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Beetroot cheeks Slothfield has announced in his column today that he has signed with the Roosters

Phew. Was really worried there for a while that we could lose him, but given this flea's strike rate, suggest now all will be OK.