What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tedesco

innsaneink

Referee
He is very very close to Curtis, and knowing the upbringing Sirro has had, and if Teddys upbringing is in anyway similar to Curtis'....he will stay

soc123_au

Staff member
Bloody sad state of affairs if you guys cant keep him. After enduring the Sheens years the Tigers could do with a decent run. You have the nucleus of a fantastic team over the next few years. To break it up before they get the chance to achieve anything would be criminal.

Das Hassler

Bench
The floor is the 3rd party must not be a club sponsor , so what stops uncle Nick giving a million bucks to his cousin Jim Sucapenis Motors to service his car if he sponsors Tedesco to the tune of $800 k and stick his faceon a mail box flyer ? Total f**king rort , it was ddesigned to keep marquee players in the code not to buy a comp.
At the very least the player MUST be valued at least what his 2nd best offer was , that will help stop BS like Fifita being registered as $450 when the sharks would have cleary offered more in real legit money.

Yep....and it's amazing some of the great property deals a player can stumble onto ...always good when you can buy a house the Eastern suburbs for the price of a flat in St Marys...a guy can be lucky like that when he plays for the chooks

BrotherJim05

Bench
Yep....and it's amazing some of the great property deals a player can stumble onto ...always good when you can buy a house the Eastern suburbs for the price of a flat in St Marys...a guy can be lucky like that when he plays for the chooks

If Tedesco was 4 seasons into his NRL career with possibly a kid on the way, I could imagine this being enough to entice him.
Being 21, I just hope he chooses to focus on what an epic player he could develop into by playing with Brooks and Farah. I really hope he chooses the long term over the quick cash. Lucrative deals for players moving to totally new clubs can sometimes hinder a players career, look at Sandow, T Rex, even Blair - although he was very very good last night).

But then we have to consider the rest of the team:
Nufo, Sironen, Sue and Ava are all of contract next year and (I never thought I'd say this), based on Thomson's form over the last two games we may very well want to lock him up for a few more years.
Tedesco's manager cannot expect that we will sacrifice ALL these players just to cater to an inflated bidding war he most likely started.

DanOz

Juniors
I would cut Sironen if required to keep Teddy, Nofo and Sue. Don't get me wrong, I want to keep him, but if hard choices had to be made...

Vic Mackey

Referee
Don't know how many times this has been mentioned but sue resigned for 3 years last year. He is here until the end of 2016 (at least).

Money aside why would you want to leave with the quality of good young players starting to come into their own at the WT,good times are coming if this group can stay together and resist the temptation from other clubs !

innsaneink

Referee
Money aside why would you want to leave with the quality of good young players starting to come into their own at the WT,good times are coming if this group can stay together and resist the temptation from other clubs !
Yeah, I posted elsewhere he needs Patty Liam & Farah, Skando Buckets and Deneo telling him how good it is to work hard and achieve the ultimate with your mates...or you can go somewhere that buys success

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
f**k Tedesco.
I want shines back so he can let the little upstart know he's only keeping the seat warm for the return Timid.
Support play, bravery, safety, pace, heart and talent are grossly overrated commodities.

super_coach

First Grade
Tom Shines would have made Teddy into a front rower like Danny Geala and Bronson Harrison so he could get Tim back in the no1 position. That was one of his real skills being able to think outside square, reinvent the wheel, such a great innovator lost to the NRL just because a few results went against him.

Now we are stuck with a bloke who wants his team to defend with passion,run hard and straight and play as a 17man outfit. He will not last long if he keeps winning

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
I'll never forget that game v parra at ANZ. Bronson and Danny Galea at prop and Fui Fui making it to 4 or 5 hit ups before he had his customary blow and needed a spell.

I miss Tuesday afternoons and waiting to see how many of the 4 man bench were wingers and/or hookers or learning that Keefy is in doubt but being assured Stuart Flanagan was on stand-by

Shines would be telling the press that Teddy isn't a first grader yet

magpie guy

Juniors
I'll never forget that game v parra at ANZ. Bronson and Danny Galea at prop and Fui Fui making it to 4 or 5 hit ups before he had his customary blow and needed a spell.

I miss Tuesday afternoons and waiting to see how many of the 4 man bench were wingers and/or hookers or learning that Keefy is in doubt but being assured Stuart Flanagan was on stand-by

Shines would be telling the press that Teddy isn't a first grader yet

I can't express how happy I am that I don't have to worry about the next great idea of selecting a centre or second rower at 5/8 so Benji can play half-back and Moltzen can play FB.

The thing with the Roosters is that they seem to be like a roller coaster,up and down,SBW leaves for Union next year so more than likely they will play busted ,miss the 8 and win the spoon,some thing for Ted to consider !

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Roosters & Tedesco's manager apparently both said there had been no talk of Tedesco going to the roosters.

Can't see him going to the dogs. I think we'll keep him

FootynRacing

Juniors
Roosters & Tedesco's manager apparently both said there had been no talk of Tedesco going to the roosters.

Happy to hear that. I still struggle to believe he'd want to leave Brooks and the rest of the young guns coming through anyway. How exciting are things looking for the next few seasons ? Imagine our spine if Tedesco stays and Moses makes a successful step up to first grade.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
I heard a rumour today that it will be announced at LO next weekend before the seagulls game that he has re-signed ...

TYGA

Juniors

Roosters make no sense RTS will be cheaper and they are neck and neck in talent. If we lose Teddy thats a huge blow given we have cap space. We did let Fifita go so fingers crossed.

Wondering where you heard no talk of Roosters.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Roosters make no sense RTS will be cheaper and they are neck and neck in talent. If we lose Teddy thats a huge blow given we have cap space. We did let Fifita go so fingers crossed.

Wondering where you heard no talk of Roosters.

Tunks mentioned it on talkin' sport this afternoon.

Latest posts