What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Te'o Takes Control Of His Future

simmo1

First Grade
Ellis is a big gamble, imo. As with all foreign players, there is a chance they won't find their feet in the NRL, and if this happens then we are pretty much back to square one in looking for a top class prop. He seems to be a star of the ESL, and we are banking big time one him being a star here too.

I am very wary of any Pommy sportsmen, as the good ones are very few and far between.

Ellis is a big gamble, imo. As with all foreign players, there is a chance they won't find their feet in the NRL, and if this happens then we are pretty much back to square one in looking for a top class prop. He seems to be a star of the ESL, and we are banking big time one him being a star here too.

I am very wary of any Pommy sportsmen, as the good ones are very few and far between.

he did great at international level against our best why cant he do it at nrl level ???????

It`s ok we`ll just keep spending our 250k on midgets like Halatau. Only, most other blokes who are built like Halatau hit hard ???:crazy:

halatau might be small but at least hes knows how to go forward and hes got great leg drive compared to teo

Te'o does even make many metres ,38 a game is not enough for a 2nd rower

innsaneink

Referee
DIY manager Te'o a very busy fellow

Andrew Webster | June 18, 2008

BOOM Wests Tigers back-rower Ben Te'o has personally contacted almost every club in the NRL about his future.
As the Gold Coast Titans denied speculation they had signed the 21-year-old, and the Broncos rejected claims they were poised to sign him, it has emerged Te'o has complicated his situation by negotiating his next deal on his own.
The Herald understands Te'o contacted the Rugby League Players Association when he severed ties with leading player manager Daryl Mather earlier this month and was promptly provided with the contact details of each club chief executive.
Consequently, he has been linked to most clubs - although Tigers officials are privately pessimistic about his staying on and Te'o insists a decision on his future will be made next week.
"I can't say too much - I'm on a media ban," Te'o said last night. "I'm hopeful it will be sorted soon. Call me next week, man. I'll know then."
Rumours swept the game at the weekend that he had signed with a Queensland club to be closer to his family, although he had been linked to St George Illawarra after meetings with incoming coach Wayne Bennett.
South Sydney and Penrith are also interested in Te'o, who has been one of the form back-rowers of the competition.
"We're limited in what we could offer him," Broncos boss Bruno Cullen said last night, a sentiment echoed by Titans chief executive Michael Searle, who is overseas.
Te'o and his father met Tigers coach Tim Sheens and recruitment manager Warren McDonnell on Monday night.
"There's a limit to what we can offer him," McDonnell said. "We're trying our best."
The future of Broncos winger Darius Boyd was also no clearer last night despite being linked to the Dragons. Cullen said he had not been approached by his management about a release.
In other news, Knights halfback Jarrod Mullen is only a slim chance of being handed the NSW halfback job for the Origin decider - but teammate Kurt Gidley remains the overwhelming favourite.
Despite a call from Gidley for selectors to pick Mullen for game three on July 2, it is understood coach Craig Bellamy will tell them he wants Gidley in the crucial No.7 jersey if incumbent Peter Wallace does not recover from a testicular injury.
Roosters coach Brad Fittler again pushed for his five-eighth, Braith Anasta, for Blues selection and declared he was ready to dominate in the Origin arena.
"It is the right time of his career where he would be composed enough to really nail one of those games," Fittler said.

In team news, the Bulldogs have opted against rushing superstar Sonny Bill Williams back from a knee injury for their match against the Raiders.
Instead, Williams is expected to return next week against a Roosters side that won't feature his nemesis Willie Mason because of Origin duties. As expected, Souths opted against bringing back Craig Wing for their match against the Titans.
New Zealand Warriors coach Ivan Cleary has dumped Grant Rovelli after 28 successive games at halfback for the Warriors' home game against Manly.
�¡ Paul Vautin's older brother Geoffrey, who suffers from Down syndrome, has died just days after Vautin was forced to apologise for lampooning a bouncer who suffers from epilepsy on The Footy Show.
Vautin was holding his brother's hand when he passed away from pneumonia in Brisbane early yesterday morning at the age of 57.
It means Vautin is likely to withdraw from the Channel Nine show tomorrow night, when he was expected to apologise for unwittingly ridiculing Caxton Hotel bouncer Greg Stacey during last Thursday's program.
Vautin said in a statement his brother would be "sadly missed but always remembered". "I'm too upset and grieving with my family to make any further comment," he said.
He has been heavily criticised in recent days for accused of calling Stacey "blind drunk" during a segment on the show. It emerged at the weekend that Stacey suffers from benign epilepsy.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...1213468423422.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's pretty clear he doesn't want to play for the Tigers, contacting almost every bloody club ffs.

It's almost as if he can't wait to leave.

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
source: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...5012431,00.html

Brisbane tipped to sign Tigers backrower Te'o

Stuart Honeysett and Dan Koch | June 20, 2008

BEN TE'O informed Wests Tigers this week he will be moving on at the end of the season, just days after the New Zealand-born backrower failed to turn up and sign a new contract with the club.

Speculation is rife that Te'o will sign with Brisbane, the Tigers' opponents at Suncorp Stadium tonight, although it is understood St George Illawarra is still in the mix.

After falling out with former manager Darryl Mather, Te'o has been handling his own contract negotiations and is believed to have attracted interest from the Broncos, Dragons, Penrith, Newcastle and Canberra. The Tigers originally placed a deadline of June 8 on Te'o to accept their offer but withdrew it following intervention from coach Tim Sheens, who did not want to put additional pressure on the 21-year-old.

It is believed the Knights and Panthers pulled out of the race after Te'o informed both clubs that he intended to stay with the Tigers.

However, he failed to turn up and sign a new deal with the Tigers last week.

Although the Broncos have said they would be limited in what they can offer Te'o, it is believed he is keen to return to Brisbane having lived there and attended Keebra Park High School, the same stomping ground as the Tigers' five-eighth Benji Marshall.

There is a contract waiting for Te'o to sign in Brisbane but the deal is contingent on the club being able to off-load several players.

David Stagg, Joel Moon and Darius Boyd last month took up one-year options with Brisbane for 2009 but the Broncos have already indicated they would be prepared to release them if they found better offers from rival clubs.

Boyd appears likely to join St George Illawarra, although that could hinge on Dragons prop Jason Ryles joining the English Super League next season, while Moon has held talks with Canberra and also been offered to North Queensland.

In better news for the Tigers, prop Bryce Gibbs is expected to line up against the Broncos tonight after overcoming a knee injury.

Gibbs was one of four props on the sidelines but made the trip to Brisbane at the expense of replacement Luke Harlen.

His presence will be welcomed given the Tigers' lack of forward power was exploited by Parramatta last Sunday.

Rookie prop Daine Laurie, who this week signed a two-year contract with the club, has also travelled to Brisbane but is unlikely to play.

Regardless of the pack that takes the field, Brisbane fullback Karmichael Hunt said the Broncos would be wary of Marshall.

Having opposed Marshall regularly at schoolboy level in Brisbane, Hunt said he always enjoyed going head to head with him.

"There is still that mutual respect between us from back in our high school days which is great," Hunt said.

"Benji seems to be coming back into his own. Just watching the highlights and the video of the past few weeks, you can see his confidence is starting to come back.

"He's so dangerous when he gets the ball in his hands."

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't believe he is still being picked in the starting 17. I'd take Payne over Te'o at present.

I can't believe he is still being picked in the starting 17. I'd take Payne over Te'o at present.

The issue of loyalty, or lack thereof, should not affect team selection while we remain in contention for the top 8. If we fall out of the race I would endorse dropping Te'o and blooding a youngster who features in the club's long-term plans.

BTW as much as I've lost respect for Te'o in the past few weeks, I would never place him below Payne. The guy is comparable with Hayes Lauder/ Dane Morgan/ Trent Runciman...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Payne may be useless, but at least he gets involved and tries to do something. Of late Te'o has been waiting out wide for something to happen, hoping someone will make him look good.

WTF 7

juniors
Payne may be useless, but at least he gets involved and tries to do something. Of late Te'o has been waiting out wide for something to happen, hoping someone will make him look good.

100% true , there are so many players coming through that would love a spot in the 17 , but yet sheens picks a bludger of a player like teo

and the players coming through may not have the skill like teo but atleast they would give 110% and get the hands dirty unlike ben who seems worried he might brake a nail,

its about time teo HARDEN THE f**k UP
he should go to the markets and see if they sell balls cause he needs some
quickly

gordsy

Juniors
Lazy in attack , soft in defence and takes an age to play the ball. We could have kept Chris Patterson if we pay good money for Teo

WTF 7

juniors
i just wish he f**k off today , we could use that money on people who actually want to play for the club , instaed of this bludging f**k around

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Has he signed a contract with another team yet? Because if he hasn't the last couple of weeks wouldn't be doing him any favours. Last night he was terrible, one of the most obvious half-hearted displays I've ever seen. If Sheens hasn't dropped him back to the bench, at the very least, next week it's a joke.