What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Fui....

Parra

Referee
It was a garbage penalty that was only awarded because Kimmorley laid down like a dog. At least he looked sheepish after it. Was a very anti-climatic end to see the ref decide the match like that - but what do you expect from a Harrigan/Hayne combination - they were always going to take the limelight given a sniff.

bradeel

Juniors
Fui's big hit on the Sharks player on the 5th tackle put the Sharks in a position where they were in virtually no chance to score from a field goal on the last. Was a massive play and deserved a better outcome than the arsey good fortune that befell the Sharks seconds later. Fui doesn't deserve grief for what he did - was essentially bad luck and we deserved much better after scoring a good try to draw level so late in the game.

oneguy

Juniors
At least he (Kimmorley) looked sheepish after it.

Yeh - when the players were shaking hands at the end of the game, Fui seemed apologetic when he shook Brett's hand - but Kimmorley couldn't even look Fui in the eyes - sheepish.

ParraAds

Juniors
Who cares if he looked sheepish....you sometimes have to do things to get your team over the line.

And coming through and hitting a guy in the head in the final seconds really doesn't fall into that category, it's not as though this is the first time Fui has been in this situation.

To be fair to him though, he had a lot of mates out there today who seemed cluelesss. But you just cannot do something so stupid in the final seconds of a game. I'm still cursing the Oake missed tackle on Lockyer, these things really count.

strider

Post Whore
tbh I think it was a pretty lame penalty - as already pointed out, the contact was NOT with the elbow, his arm was never cocked, kimmorley's head hit fui's chest/shoulder .... it was certainly a dive for the penalty - i don't particularly dislike kimmorley like many ppl do, but it was a bit of a dog act to take the dive - but hey, he plays for a ricky stuart coached team, so it figures - I guess he can just be grouped in with divers like gallen now

I'm sure if you look at all the tackles put on kickers in every game each weekend there IS contact to the head in many of them, especially if the kicker is falling like with this one .... but they don't give penalties for them

might look like sour grapes, but I can't help but be pissed off that it was hometown shire resident, renown parra hater and Mr Headline, Bill Harrigan, making the game deciding decision

bradeel

Juniors
Unlucky guys.. You should of never been given that much hope.

thanks for the sympathy but I reckon you're overstating the brilliance of your mob a little bit. Both sides scored 2 tries each. Ours came from 2 exciting backline movements - known as proper attacking plays - while yours came from a handy dummy half run thanks tosome soft Parra marker defence and much more significantly an unlucky dropped ball in the ungoal. The sort of once in a blue moon play that came about entirely due to an individual error rather than any endeavour from the Sharks. And then you were gifted a dubious penalty that marched your goalkick 40 metres to turn a difficult kick into a sitter.

Anyway, well done for grinding out a boring as batsh*t win and for sitting on top of the ladder.

Parra Guru

Coach
WTF? Am I the only person that thought the hit didn't look that bad??

And trust Kimmorley, the resident diver to stay down. The Sharks deserved the win, but not like that. Disappointing end to a good game.

Parra Guru

Coach
Unlucky guys.. You should of never been given that much hope.

Good luck making the top 8.

Don't you know that being a part of the Cronulla team breeds instant foot in mouth disease???

My personal favourite was from Kimmorley a few years back "We were just sick of losing" lol sick of losing?? You haven't f**kin won anything in 40 years.

Bazal

Post Whore
WTF? Am I the only person that thought the hit didn't look that bad??

And trust Kimmorley, the resident diver to stay down. The Sharks deserved the win, but not like that. Disappointing end to a good game.

You're not the only one. Very little in it

Hellsy

Immortal
Be interesting to see everyones thoughts if it had happened to a Parra player.. I hear cries of foul for normal takcles back at Parra Stadium let alone one that looked bad on TV :lol: :lol:

Parra Guru

Coach
No, actually I'm getting pretty sick of league and it's soft high tackle penalties.

It wasn't late, and IMO it wasn't high. His elbow didn't hit Kimmorley, and I can't stand anyone who takes a dive and then gets rewarded for it. If it was Finch or Burt, I probably would feel the same way about the outcome.

Hellsy

Immortal
:lol: OK!!!
Im just saying that if it was reversed then 90% of people on here would have cried foul thats all.

Parra Guru

Coach
As a spectator, I feel that it's (the constant video interference) just becoming boring. It was a sad way for the game to end.

Late hits I guess are always different, but even to the point of them changing knock ons/strips after video review. The touchies and refs aren't responsible for anything.

Parra

Referee
We were talking after the match and agreed that it was a sad way for a close contest to end. Parra fans left feeling robbed and Cronulla fans get a bit of a hollow victory instead of something to feel proud of. Ripped off all round.