What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Fui....

JTB

Juniors
We were talking after the match and agreed that it was a sad way for a close contest to end. Parra fans left feeling robbed and Cronulla fans get a bit of a hollow victory instead of something to feel proud of. Ripped off all round.
lol...i dont think they will be feeling ripped offh

eel4life

Juniors
Sharkies beat melb and manly back to back at the start of the year, they win by no more than 2 - 4 points per game on average and if they lose they lose by the same margin ..

to lose today sucks yeah but i knew this was a hard game, they are a hard team to beat, 17,000 fans i was at the game and i loved it, hard game of footy and our younger guys will learn from this game.

we had a couple of 50 / 50 go our way then against us, but thats footy, with the video ref thats what you get, i think on a field goal the penalty should go from where they kick it, not from the end goal cause thats what sucks ..

Y2Eel

First Grade
No, actually I'm getting pretty sick of league and it's soft high tackle penalties.

It wasn't late, and IMO it wasn't high. His elbow didn't hit Kimmorley, and I can't stand anyone who takes a dive and then gets rewarded for it. If it was Finch or Burt, I probably would feel the same way about the outcome.

Fui Fui's Elbow hit him on the shoulder but for some strange reason Kimmorley Was holding his nose...

Dave Q

Coach
blueshirt_s2.jpg

Who hasnt wanted to smash noddy once or twice?
Fui's only human like the rest of us.

source: ourfootyteam.com

apeman

Juniors
hollywood harigan got confused between NRL and gladiators.

he should have used common sense rather than trying to be a lawyer with that decision.

He ruled contact with head = penalty. easy decision for a bush lawyer like him.

but if you look at all the mitigating circumstances, it looks vastly different.
eg
1. Contact wasnt late (most importantly)
2. height difference. had the contact been on any1 else, there would be no probs.
3. kimmorley was falling, was gonna take a dive no matter what.
4. contact was soft, kimorlwy wasnt the slightest hurrt.
5. every1 in the world knew kimorey was taking a dive.
6. they ref should uses desgression on the BIG plays, when deciding games. They did the other night by not penalising corey parker for blocking robbie farrah from charging down the FG.

and another short aside, why the hell didnt burt be a man, and pass the ball to inu to take that kick?!?!?

Nikki

Coach
blueshirt_s2.jpg

Who hasnt wanted to smash noddy once or twice?
Fui's only human like the rest of us.

source: ourfootyteam.com

:lol::lol::lol: Thats what I said at the game. All the Sharkies fans are booing and im yellin "Whats your problem, you'se f**ken hate him! You should all stand up and cheer!!"

Dave Q

Coach
:lol::lol::lol: Thats what I said at the game. All the Sharkies fans are booing and im yellin "Whats your problem, you'se f**ken hate him! You should all stand up and cheer!!"

Cheers, Ive met noddy, he might be a good bloke, I wouldnt know!

parramaniac2516

Juniors
I have no problem with the penalty but for the shot to be ten in front is stupid considering Kimmorley was 50 out. Does this mean if he takes a shot on his own goal line and takes a dive he gets a shot under the posts.:crazy:

strider

Post Whore
I have no problem with the penalty but for the shot to be ten in front is stupid considering Kimmorley was 50 out. Does this mean if he takes a shot on his own goal line and takes a dive he gets a shot under the posts.:crazy:
the rules state that if u r fouled after/while kicking you get the penalty where the ball lands - in this case right infront of the posts

squiddy

Juniors
Fairs fair guys , I admit its a sucky way to lose the match but if Gal had of hit Finch like that you would have been screaming for the penalty too . It was "high" and "late" as the rules go these days. Plus I saw Noddy last night and he is badly bruised around the cheek so it did get him.

Thought it was a great tough game and certainly wont hurt you guys as the season progresses .

strider

Post Whore
Fairs fair guys , I admit its a sucky way to lose the match but if Gal had of hit Finch like that you would have been screaming for the penalty too . It was "high" and "late" as the rules go these days. Plus I saw Noddy last night and he is badly bruised around the cheek so it did get him.

Thought it was a great tough game and certainly wont hurt you guys as the season progresses .
if fui had of got him, he'd be supporting more than a bit of bruise ..... fui doesn't get ppl these days - he's been tamed

The penalty was legitimate.

Unfortunately we lost, but at least we know teams can beat the crap out of us all game and we'll still be in with a chance come the final siren.

Apart from not getting the 2 points, I was happy with the game yesterday.

muznik

Juniors
Cant really blame Fui.

He cant evaporate into thin air & he needed to put pressure on the kick with a charge down attempt.

I though he was very unlucky and it was an ordinary way to finish the game.

caylo

Bench

It defantly was not late, High yes and their wasn't alot in it but it was high and a ligit penalty.

Fui was air borne when Kimmorly kicked it, I would have been nice if it was a differential penalty and you guys had a crack at the line instead of just throwing it over.