What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is why origin > tests

ANTiLAG

First Grade
lol Profag still going at it strong, 8 pages dude, you're killing it.

He even brings Australian women into the equation for some reason.

Probably because there's no such thing as kiwi women??

Clearly, like Tonearm, you cannot read.

If you could, you would see that it was indeed Cornerposter who brought up an Australian girl first.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I mentioned Cadel Evans individual achievement who happens to be Aussie.

I wasn't "celebrating" like you claim.

Cycling may not be the most exciting sport, but the Tour De France has to be one of the most physically draining events, which in itself is an outstanding achievement for him.

Your arguments are flawed.

images

New-Zealand-Rugby-League-World-Cup_2339758.jpg

PennyFarthing.jpg

Last edited:

Cliffhanger

Coach
Seriously stop feeding the foolish Kiwi troll, if he believes the shit his been spewing in this thread, then he's got serious issues, really leave him be.

More stupid people should be left alone, this way they have time to "explore" and swallow cyanide or something.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Whats that tiny little cup they're grouping around? does it serve any significance to the rankings?

That is the World Cup. It crowns World Champions. Forgotten what a World Cup is? I suppose when you don't have any, you wouldn't know... oh well...

It works like this, you have MINOR years, without the World Cup finals, where you sort out the rankings and as to whom gets to go to the World Cup finals, then you have the World Cup to determine the World Champions.

The rankings is like a MINOR Premiership, worked out over a longer period of time, which Australia won, followed by the MAJOR Premiership for all the glory as to who is the best in a big game, which NZ won.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Seriously stop feeding the foolish Kiwi troll, if he believes the shit his been spewing in this thread, then he's got serious issues, really leave him be.
I only stated facts in this thread and asked legitimate questions.

More stupid people should be left alone, this way they have time to "explore" and swallow cyanide or something.

Who are you talking about?

Last edited:
People expect a strong international game and want the international scene to be the pinnacle of the sport, despite the fact League isn't really an international game.

I've gone off the international game ever since the Tri Nations ended. Look at how good the Tri Nations was compared to the 4 Nations.

The Tri Nations was the best that the international scene has had in years, and it was thrown away so we could dilute the quality of the competition by bringing in PNG and France.

Internationalists need to make their mind up, either you want a strong competition like Origin with the highest quality playing each other several times over, or you want a truly international game where the quality is down because we're giving minnow teams a leg up

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Rugby League fans need to cowboy the f**k up and realise how good they've got it. What other Sporting code in Australia can claim to be able to pull 5 million viewers for any of their events? You could see the jealousy written all over Sam Newmans face on the AFL Footy Show after the game when it was brought up. Even the AFL GF is lucky to pull that many viewers.

Who cares if our International game isn't as popular as Origin. I'm telling you now, at the rate Origin is getting bigger every year, it will NEVER catch up. It was mentioned in this thread earlier; you have people who never watch Rugby League at any other time except Origin who tune in just because they want to get involved in the raw passion of it. There aren't many other sports which can claim to have this.

That's why, when it comes to Sport in general, Origin is right there with the Superbowl, the Olympics, The Soccer World Cup and Wimbledon as the pinnacle, PERIOD.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
That's why, when it comes to Sport in general, Origin is right there with the Olympics, The Soccer World Cup and Wimbledon as the pinnacle, PERIOD.

Did you seriously just compare INTERNATIONAL sporting events for the best in the world to compete in, to an "Australians only" inter-state domestic game? Australia are not even the world champions. You're deluded. Origin can hardly be the pinnacle.

Even the Superbowl - which is more akin to the NRL grand final - has Samoans, Tongans, Canadians, New Zealanders, and all comers in its club sides. If you claim the Superbowl is the pinnacle, then the NRL grand final must be the pinnacle.

In Soccer terms: Origin is like Barca v Real Madrid. The two strongest domestically of a strong soccer nation. Except even then they're only club sides. The Soccer World Cup is like the Rugby League World cup. It is why they're both called "World Cups".

The Olympics is the pinnacle of sports that no-one really cares about (+tennis +basketball and maybe sevens next time - might have missed a couple but you get the drift - ice hockey if you include the winter olympics) (and maybe sports at a lower level than full blown professional such as Boxing, but who cares about amateur boxers - it more about talent scouting for them and getting a decent contract deal managers) and wouldn't watch if for no other reason that its the Olympics. You will probably watch your Olympic swimmers, but be honest, would you go to a pool normally just to watch people swim? Would you give a toss?

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Did you seriously just compare INTERNATIONAL sporting events for the best in the world to compete in, to an "Australians only" inter-state domestic game? Australia are not even the world champions. You're deluded. Origin can hardly be the pinnacle.

Even the Superbowl - which is more akin to the NRL grand final - has Samoans, Tongans, Canadians, New Zealanders, and all comers in its club sides. If you claim the Superbowl is the pinnacle, then the NRL grand final must be the pinnacle.

In Soccer terms: Origin is like Barca v Real Madrid. The two strongest domestically of a strong soccer nation. Except even then they're only club sides. The Soccer World Cup is like the Rugby League World cup. It is why they're both called "World Cups".

The Olympics is the pinnacle of sports that no-one really cares about (+tennis +basketball and maybe sevens next time - might have missed a couple but you get the drift - ice hockey if you include the winter olympics) (and maybe sports at a lower level than full blown professional such as Boxing, but who cares about amateur boxers - it more about talent scouting for them and getting a decent contract deal managers) and wouldn't watch if for no other reason that its the Olympics. You will probably watch your Olympic swimmers, but be honest, would you go to a pool normally just to watch people swim? Would you give a toss?

It's the pinnacle as far as Australia and Rugby League is concerned. That is enough to make it important in my eyes. A Kiwi would not understand this nor care.

You're trying to put forward criteria for what and what doesn't merit the pinnacle of sport, but by using your reasons for Origin not being a pinnacle of sport we could turn it around and say the f**king World Snooker International Championship is a pinnacle of sport.

When will you realise that competitions and games are judged on their actual merit as competitions and games, not some made up criteria such as counting the number of country participants.

The World Cup is not the pinnacle of Rugby either. The Lions Tour is the pinnacle of Rugby. Compare the fixed Kiwi World Cup that was complete shit and boring and an all round unappealing shambles to the last Lions Tour of South Africa... Are you f**king kidding me? There is no comparison.

And f**k me if you think the soccer world cup is the pinnacle of the sport, you'd find about 8 soccer fans on the planet who agree with you. Soccer is the most tribal sport in the world, every soccer fan would rather have tickets to their local derby than go and see their country play.

What nationalist f**ks like you don't understand is that no matter what you type, a game between NZ and Australia will never be half of what the games between QLD and Australia are.

Until international games get to the level of Origin, and they're far f**king from it right now, international league will never be the pinnacle.

It's the pinnacle as far as Australia and Rugby League is concerned. That is enough to make it important in my eyes. A Kiwi would not understand this nor care.

Kiwis seem to be the same the world over, they throw their dummies out because they're not involved with the greatest League competition in the world. As a Warriors fan I'm already bored of hearing Kiwis bemoan Origin because they're not invited.

They're mad that you as an Australian don't care about international League like they do, because your lack of care removes their bragging rights if they happen to win a game. It's no fun goading people who couldn't give a shit either way. It's a "look at me" plea for acknowledgement from people in New Zealand, seems to come from some sort of national insecurity they have. And I like Kiwis otherwise, but come Origin time, f**k me are they boring!

Ask 100 British League fans if they'd rather see Australia play New Zealand or Queensland play NSW. A good 90 would rather watch Origin.

But Kiwis don't want Origin to be the spectacle it is, they don't want Americans and non-League fans turning in and saying "wow, this shit is great", they don't want it because they're not on the centre-stage.

It's as unfortunate and sad as that.

Notice you don't hear many poms, like myself, having similar whinges about Origin. There is a very good reason why the anti-Origin whinge comes from Kiwis and nobody else.

cornerposter

Juniors
You're trying to put forward criteria for what and what doesn't merit the pinnacle of sport, but by using your reasons for Origin not being a pinnacle of sport we could turn it around and say the f**king World Snooker International Championship is a pinnacle of sport.

When will you realise that competitions and games are judged on their actual merit as competitions and games, not some made up criteria such as counting the number of country participants.

The World Cup is not the pinnacle of Rugby either. The Lions Tour is the pinnacle of Rugby. Compare the fixed Kiwi World Cup that was complete shit and boring and an all round unappealing shambles to the last Lions Tour of South Africa... Are you f**king kidding me? There is no comparison.

And f**k me if you think the soccer world cup is the pinnacle of the sport, you'd find about 8 soccer fans on the planet who agree with you. Soccer is the most tribal sport in the world, every soccer fan would rather have tickets to their local derby than go and see their country play.

What nationalist f**ks like you don't understand is that no matter what you type, a game between NZ and Australia will never be half of what the games between QLD and Australia are.

Until international games get to the level of Origin, and they're far f**king from it right now, international league will never be the pinnacle.
BAM! Antifag's down for the count...
Kiwis seem to be the same the world over, they throw their dummies out because they're not involved with the greatest League competition in the world. As a Warriors fan I'm already bored of hearing Kiwis bemoan Origin because they're not invited.

They're mad that you as an Australian don't care about international League like they do, because your lack of care removes their bragging rights if they happen to win a game. It's no fun goading people who couldn't give a shit either way. It's a "look at me" plea for acknowledgement from people in New Zealand, seems to come from some sort of national insecurity they have. And I like Kiwis otherwise, but come Origin time, f**k me are they boring!

Ask 100 British League fans if they'd rather see Australia play New Zealand or Queensland play NSW. A good 90 would rather watch Origin.

But Kiwis don't want Origin to be the spectacle it is, they don't want Americans and non-League fans turning in and saying "wow, this shit is great", they don't want it because they're not on the centre-stage.

It's as unfortunate and sad as that.

Notice you don't hear many poms, like myself, having similar whinges about Origin. There is a very good reason why the anti-Origin whinge comes from Kiwis and nobody else.
KAPOW!! and it's a knock-out, ladies and gentlemen!

hutch

First Grade
This thread has turned to sh*t, may as well be sent to the fight club so the kiwi with little man syndrome and the Aussies who don't realise rugby league exists outside of nsw and qld can keep their dick measuring contest going.

And ftr, you're pretty much all wrong!

Last edited:
Wow Antilag has really owned the f**k outta this thread. Even chucked in some GC pics to really rub it in lol. For the record Antilag....Rosanna > Jessie LOL...and Rosanna's a kiwi!

Cadel Evans, Swimming *holds back laughter*.

Meth

Staff member
The vast majority of NZ Rugby League fans can be put into 1 of 2 categories.

Category 1- Enjoys Origin. Supports one of the teams. But see's it for what it is, and doesn't want Kiwis involved in it in any way.

Category 2- Doesn't care about Origin.

Pretty much the only time we ever hear people talking about Kiwis being involved in Origin (while retaining the right to play for NZ is from Australians in the media. Sometimes a Kiwi league player takes the bait. (Aussie journalist- 'you'd like to play Origin, wouldn't you'; Kiwi league player- 'yeah, we'd love to play Origin') Then, Australians respond to their own scummy media as if all of us Kiwis were trying to invade their territory. We're not. We're in either category 1, or category 2.

In the same way, the OP is insinuating that all of us Kiwis are so put out that Origins are more popular than tests, or that we are 'excluded' from Origin. A couple of Kiwis have taken the bait. Then, you Aussies have all responded to this scummy OP as if all of us Kiwis were trying to invade their territory. We're not. We're in either category 1, or category 2.

Keep Origin for Aussies. Us Kiwis will keep enjoying it, or ignoring it. And we'll keep on working on being more and more competitive, looking to make our triumphs the rule rather than the exception.

End thread.

Latest posts