What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

shaggs

Coach
Question without notice.

Why do we not have a relationships with the life savers of the beaches Cronulla, Wanda etc.?

I reckon all Sharks players should become qualified, bonafide life savers. Great for fitness and where is it wrong to have as many life savers as you can.

Let the guys and gals who patrol the beaches, come to training...

I am, qualified, serious 1996 had young kids. cannot swim anywhere near as well. Not the point
(Harold would drown), I just would like to see an association with the life savers, and cross training.

Cannot see a negative.

Every Shark player a qualified Life Saver...................
I reckon some of our blokes couldn’t swim a lap.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Idea has plenty of merit.
Conditions at the moment are bloody ordinary - rip central…even south is dicey at times.
Absolute rubbish summer we are having - all scomo’s fault

Quigs

Immortal
I don't know about mingling with the clubbies. I have life long mates that are still involved with a local Shire surf club and the stories they tell and of incidents that have happened over the decades. Some stories and events make Toddy's little indiscretion appear almost saint like.

I'll give ém this though, the clubbies did know how to run a good fundraising night or two.

The old mates still love it and often relive the good old times back when what happened in the club house stayed in the club house. ( ..... or designated venues or trips ....)

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
I don't know about mingling with the clubbies. I have life long mates that are still involved with a local Shire surf club and the stories they tell and of incidents that have happened over the decades. Some stories and events make Toddy's little indiscretion appear almost saint like.

I'll give ém this though, the clubbies did know how to run a good fundraising night or two.

The old mates still love it and often relive the good old times back when what happened in the club house stayed in the club house. ( ..... or designated venues or trips ....)
In a time almost forgotten where there were bugger all cameras and fewer opinions and even fewer offended.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Positive and negative:

Well thats Australia Day finished for another year, to me it marks the end of the holiday season as every f**ker (in normal times) would head back down the road today to whence they came. Usually this would also signify my region going back to it's sleepy locals only vibe but alas, that is no more as you all moved up here. I'm happy about my house more than triple the price but I'd really rather it the way it used to be.

Looking forward to the trial games, talking about the team and the pathway to the 2022 is downhill. Nothing can get in it's way now, except for Omicron or some other variant, stupid reactionary rules made by those who run the game scared of being sued.

Happy daze.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Pre-covid a lot of the shire was the same around Xmas - no crowds or minimal as everyone goes away. Covid changed that. When you xant get a park at north Cronulla car park at 545am - you’ve got to wonder

Willow

Assistant Moderator

coolumsharkie

Referee

shadowboxer

First Grade
Well one day this will be gone. Please God make it happen.

I saw this a few days back on the advert for 60 minutes - now strangely it has disappeared from the promos….Stevie Wonder would have a better idea of reading the room that this flog.
What’s next Albo playing “blow up the pokies” on the recorder

The Club has dropped the price of a full season GA Membership to the price of a flexi-5 one. Pretty good value

shaggs

Coach
The Club has dropped the price of a full season GA Membership to the price of a flexi-5 one. Pretty good value

That’s the one I ended up getting. Absolute steal. $12.50 a game.