What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "3P Get Together" Thread

What dates suits?

• Friday 23rd January 7pm

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Saturday 31st January 12pm

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Sunday 18th January 12pm

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Whatever day Ron can't make it.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

Parra Future

Juniors
I hope no important cricket games are being played then or Stagger will be left to hold the fort without you Mickdo.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stagger are you out there? Are you reading this? Mickdo is going to have to re-arrange his schedule I think.
\

mate, I've been carrying Mickdo for years...Friday night will be no different, however i am in doubt for Friday and will have to face a late fitness test on froday afternoon.

stay tuned.

butch82

Juniors
question for col
hi col couldnt get time of for any get together (plus airflights from griffith aint cheap)
was readn a melbourne paper n they where talkn bout sponsor ship for the melbourne demns ( they dont have a major sponsor) and they had a list of other melbourne teams n what sponsorship they had...
a few teams ( cant exactly remember who) had sponsorship up to 2 million dollars a year...
is there any chance we could get somewhere near that figure with all the business u say r ready to jump on board when things change?
keep up the good work also...3p...

Parra Future

Juniors
question for col
hi col couldnt get time of for any get together (plus airflights from griffith aint cheap)
was readn a melbourne paper n they where talkn bout sponsor ship for the melbourne demns ( they dont have a major sponsor) and they had a list of other melbourne teams n what sponsorship they had...
a few teams ( cant exactly remember who) had sponsorship up to 2 million dollars a year...
is there any chance we could get somewhere near that figure with all the business u say r ready to jump on board when things change?
keep up the good work also...3p...

I don't think its unreasonable to attain the numbers mentioned above. The problem that we have at the moment is that while not in power from a Leagues Club perspective, deals can not really be finalised. Things would need to be signed off with authority. Some potential sponsors want certain things to happen before they commit to the club. I can't write more than that because last time I did, I think my post was removed and rightly so because it could have been worded better by myself. Alan Overton is aware of the issues himself and I believe that he also would like some of those sponsors onboard but it is not currently possible.

Certain individuals and companies can not come out and back one side over another unless they are prepared for potential damage later if they back the wrong side. Some people are prepared but others aren't. Too use an example and I am not saying this is a real scenario, it is purely an example. Just say Peter Wynn came out and said he supported 3P and wanted the current regime overturned. If we were to not take the Leagues Club and the current regime stayed in power, there could be ramifications for the merchandise that Peter Wynn currently provides if the Leagues Club did not want to do any business with him. That is not to say that would happen but it is purely an example.

Haynzy brought up a query about regional supporters a couple of posts ago and I am sure this will be talked about this Friday evening. This could be of benefit to yourself as well once things start to improve. Thanks for your supporting comments.

butch82

Juniors
thanks for keepn everyone informed n updated..
love the interaction 3p is havn with the supporters n this site.
thanks col n co

HIghlands Fling

Juniors
Hi Col,
You are doing a great job. Love to join you on Friday but I turn the big 40. No party though as my little bro has something on and the rest of the family have disowned me. Have fun and have a coke for me.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hi Col,
You are doing a great job. Love to join you on Friday but I turn the big 40. No party though as my little bro has something on and the rest of the family have disowned me. Have fun and have a coke for me.

You are more than welcome on the following Saturday. Lunchtime.

Suity

The P Eel

Juniors
Sorry gang - i am out the next two get togethers; was great to meet everyone though and looking forward to the trials starting.

bartman

Immortal
I'm now confirmed for this Friday night. Can someone who was at the first give a rough idea of expected timing of a gathering such as this (eg two hours? three hours?).

Friday 23rd January 7pm
1) Col Green (Parra Future)
2) Nikki
3) Suity (at a stretch)
4) eel01s
5) JessEel
6) Freak2
7) Hellsy (at this stage)
8) eelaholic (will try to make it after footy training)
9) Bob Gare (3P)
10) Yodaeel
11) bartman
12) Terry Leabeater (3P)
13) Ron Jeremy (at this stage)
14) Captain BF (parenthood pending)
15) Fisheel (maybe)
16) Eelz47
17) StaggerEel (pending fitness test)

Parra Future

Juniors
The Sunday one started at 12 noon. I was running 10 minutes late but John Chidiac, Bob Gare and Robert Sassen were already there from 3P with alot of members from the forum. I left Parra Leagues just after 5pm and alot of the forumites were still there. No surprises that Jesseel was still going strong with Nicki, Hellsy, Rowdy, Stagger, PJ Marshal and I think a few others. I'm not sure if Mickdo had left just before me or if I left first.

This Friday kicks off at 7pm. Robert Sassen, Bob Gare and Terry Leabeater should all be there on time and so should I from 3P. I am unaware at this point if there will be other 3P members joining the rest of the gang from LU. Alot of the members are still on leave with family or have just got back and have a lot of commitments to catch up on. If this one goes 5 hours plus, I may have to shoot through at midnight so I can get to work first thing in the morning. It may not be up to us. I'm not sure what time Sterlo's bar shuts. Maybe some out there knows without having to call the club to get an answer.

bartman

Immortal
The Sunday one started at 12 noon. I was running 10 minutes late but John Chidiac, Bob Gare and Robert Sassen were already there from 3P with alot of members from the forum. I left Parra Leagues just after 5pm and alot of the forumites were still there. No surprises that Jesseel was still going strong with Nicki, Hellsy, Rowdy, Stagger, PJ Marshal and I think a few others. I'm not sure if Mickdo had left just before me or if I left first.

This Friday kicks off at 7pm. Robert Sassen, Bob Gare and Terry Leabeater should all be there on time and so should I from 3P. I am unaware at this point if there will be other 3P members joining the rest of the gang from LU. Alot of the members are still on leave with family or have just got back and have a lot of commitments to catch up on. If this one goes 5 hours plus, I may have to shoot through at midnight so I can get to work first thing in the morning. It may not be up to us. I'm not sure what time Sterlo's bar shuts. Maybe some out there knows without having to call the club to get an answer.

Ok, cheers Col.

Five hours hey? Good to know what we might be looking at, so we can plan (or not plan) things accordingly.

Suitman

Post Whore
One question I forgot to ask, and I don't know if anything else has been mentioned, but I'm curious to know how Alan Overton went on Sunday, and what he said, if anything.

Cheers.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
One question I forgot to ask, and I don't know if anything else has been mentioned, but I'm curious to know how Alan Overton went on Sunday, and what he said, if anything.

Cheers.

Suity

Ovo stayed for 30 minutes a in that time he spoke to us about his concerns regarding the club he understands we inturn raised some issues as to why fans in general haven't utulised the club as much as they should.

the conversation in all was frituful and productive and knows where we're coming from and is willing to work with us in improving facilities and make it more attractive for members.

Stagger eel

Staff member

Cheers.

Suity

Ovo stayed for 30 minutes a in that time he spoke to us about his concerns regarding the club he understands we inturn raised some issues as to why fans in general haven't utulised the club as much as they should.

the conversation in all was frituful and productive and knows where we're coming from and is willing to work with us in improving facilities and make it more attractive for members.

Latest posts