What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "3P Get Together" Thread

What dates suits?

• Friday 23rd January 7pm

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Saturday 31st January 12pm

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Sunday 18th January 12pm

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Whatever day Ron can't make it.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

strider

Post Whore
You could say that but there were at least 4 representatives of 3P there.
At least they are making the effort.

Suity
I guess since it was pretty much a 3P organised event and the ONLY way anyone knew of it was this website, then I think its expecting FAR to much for the non 3P board members to even know let alone be there unless 3P or someone on this board explicitly asked them.

Yes Ovo knew and attended - but he even asked permission to come for himself. Did anyone give him the vaguest idea he should entertain the idea of inviting the others?

If you expect/want them to attend then someone should go about asking them if they'd like to - not just hope they hear on the grapevine and then bag em for not showing interest.

fish eel

Immortal
You could say that but there were at least 4 representatives of 3P there.
At least they are making the effort.

Suity

One director and 3 people associated with 3P but who do not hold any positions.

I'm just being a nark. In MITS absence. ;-)

In any case, your point on effort is valid in relation to what the current directors will do in the lead up to the elections....

Suitman

Post Whore
I guess since it was pretty much a 3P organised event and the ONLY way anyone knew of it was this website, then I think its expecting FAR to much for the non 3P board members to even know let alone be there unless 3P or someone on this board explicitly asked them.

Yes Ovo knew and attended - but he even asked permission to come for himself. Did anyone give him the vaguest idea he should entertain the idea of inviting the others?

If you expect/want them to attend then someone should go about asking them if they'd like to - not just hope they hear on the grapevine and then bag em for not showing interest.

There's plenty of truth to that. I understand and agree with most of the reasoning.

But wouldn't you think, that after the rocket they received at the Football Club election, that they may, in some small way, want to start connecting with the fans, given the chance?
They now have a big opportunity to show they actually give more of a rats about something other than pokies. They have only 3 months now to show they do. They didn't even have to organise it ffs. It was done for them, and placed on their front door step.

If they really want to be taken seriously, I would suspect they would make more of an effort, like Ovo did and get out there and sell themselves. Connect with their constituents, it could be said.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
BUT .... do they even know? .... how can they attend this thing if they don't know it exists? .... if we are going to expect their attendance then perhaps 3P, the organisers, should ask them.

Would leabeater, gare, etc be attending if Col hadn't asked them?

Actually tbh I kinda see these gatherings as a bit of a way of 3P getting a leg up on the others.

Yeah I agree - there doesn't appear to be any other effort from them .... and yeah its good Col is organising such things (mind you it would appear Col is the hard yards man in 3P - maybe the existing board need an helper :lol:)

fish eel

Immortal
BUT .... do they even know? .... how can they attend this thing if they don't know it exists?

Would leabeater, gare, etc be attending if Col hadn't asked them?

Yeah I agree - there doesn't appear to be any other effort from them .... and yeah its good Col is organising such things (mind you it would appear Col is the hard yards man in 3P - maybe the existing board need an helper :lol:)

Hate to be a nark, but Leabeater didnt go.

mickdo

Coach
But wouldn't you think, that after the rocket they received at the Football Club election, that they may, in some small way, want to start connecting with the fans, given the chance?

Not to mention start connecting with the new board members

bartman

Immortal
Ovo got off his butt, found out about the meeting, and was happy to come and talk with fans/members - as he has always seemed happy to be.

I think the remaining Leagues Club Directors should be judged on their willingness to do the same, and they should be making the effort to find different/many ways to connect with their members and fans - without needing a gilt-edged invitation to do so.

As Suity said, the clock is ticking... and I suspect some of the Leagues Club Directors still have their head buried in the sand about what the Football Club election result actually indicated and meant?

junior009

Juniors
Ovo got off his butt, found out about the meeting, and was happy to come and talk with fans/members - as he has always seemed happy to be.

I think the remaining Leagues Club Directors should be judged on their willingness to do the same, and they should be making the effort to find different/many ways to connect with their members and fans - without needing a gilt-edged invitation to do so.

As Suity said, the clock is ticking... and I suspect some of the Leagues Club Directors still have their head buried in the sand about what the Football Club election result actually indicated and meant?

I'm sure they know exactly what it meant but don't really care because they think the Leagues Club elections are safe for the. They may or may not be right...I have no idea.

fish eel

Immortal

TBH Bart, I'd hope the directors have more pressing things to do with their time than scanning internet forums for meetings of a small number of fans.

This meeting was organised over the holiday period as well.

I'm no fan of the board, but I really dont see the value in being critical of them for not fronting to what was, or is, an informal gathering organised by a third party.

bartman

Immortal
TBH Bart, I'd hope the directors have more pressing things to do with their time than scanning internet forums for meetings of a small number of fans.

This meeting was organised over the holiday period as well.

I'm no fan of the board, but I really dont see the value in being critical of them for not fronting to what was, or is, an informal gathering organised by a third party.
And you're entitled to your opinion.

But the basic point is that the Board is/has been very slack in its efforts to communicate and interact with its voting members, and this is yet anotehr example of them (passively) allowing this climate of declining loyalty to and satisfaction with the club (both in football and in terms of loyalty to the physical leagues club) set in.

** On the pedantic note, I'm not being critical of them for not fronting, I'm critical of them for not taking more opportunities in general, like Ovo did in this particular instance.

If you want to make more excuses for that or be a nark about the particulars, then that would be your perogative... :lol:

Last edited: