What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "3P Get Together" Thread

What dates suits?

• Friday 23rd January 7pm

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Saturday 31st January 12pm

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Sunday 18th January 12pm

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Whatever day Ron can't make it.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

fish eel

Immortal
And you're entitled to your opinion.

But the basic point is that the Board is/has been very slack in its efforts to communicate and interact with its voting members, and this is yet anotehr example of them (passively) allowing this climate of declining loyalty to and satisfaction with the club (both in football and in terms of loyalty to the physical leagues club) set in.

** On the pedantic note, I'm not being critical of them for not fronting, I'm critical of them for not taking more opportunities in general, like Ovo did in this particular instance.

If you want to make more excuses for that or be a nark about the particulars, then that would be your perogative... :lol:

I'm sure you've read enough of this forum to know I'm not a fan, and dont make excuses for the board. :roll:

In this instance though, I just think it's being narky. Dates were made around forumite and 3P availability. No mention of current board members were made until after the first event.

strider

Post Whore
the thing is - Ovo is a champ - he should be on the board purely cos he's a great people person .... unfortunately ppl didn't agree

I'm with Fishy - I would actually expect board members to have more pressing issues to attend to ..... these meetings are organised and driven by someone who is NOT a board member (altho maybe he should be :lol:) - are we gonna get stuck into Kenny, Price and Grothe Snr for not showing up?

Nikki

Coach
I should be there on time tomorrow, but will be late for the 31st (if I choose to go). Booked the car in for a service then checked my diary... DOH! :lol:

Hellsy

Immortal
Hey Everyone,

I will more than likely have to pull out of tomorrow. With everything that has happened at work this week a whole bunch of us are getting together for dinner and drinks just to try and be there for each other and stuff and do the re-assurances game.
At the moment we are meeting at 8pm in Parra, so I could come and say hello firstly, but its possible tomorrow we will just decide to go in after work... so yeah.....

Parra Future

Juniors
Hi all,

I know the people who did attend last Sunday were informed of the following but for those of you who could not make last Sunday, the reason Terry Leabeater was not in attendance was that his niece was getting married down in Canberra. He actually rang at one stage and said that he was about to drive back up and I told him not to worry about it and enjoy the wedding party. At this point in time, Terry is committed to attending tomorrow night (Friday 23rd) and the following one on Saturday 31st. Terry did say to apologise to all for his absence on the Sunday.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I will be there! After i get home from work, get changed and grab a feed i would say it will be about 7.30 when i get there.

If noone else is getting there til 8pm, i might hold off for that though!

Yodaeel

Juniors
G,day Young Jess sorry I will not be there tonight I am committed to minding 4 of my grandchildren.
If I can be of assistance please keep in touch.
OVO.

bartman

Immortal
I'm sure you've read enough of this forum to know I'm not a fan, and dont make excuses for the board. :roll:
You've kind of picked up on my point... I see little difference to your statements in response in this thread, to the statements of others in other threads that are on occasion held up to ridicule. Just my opinion.

In this instance though, I just think it's being narky.
Which is an opinion that you're entitled to.

Dates were made around forumite and 3P availability. No mention of current board members were made until after the first event.
But do you think dates should have been made around existing Board members, before these meetings went ahead? Do you think Board members should have been specifically "invited" or do you agree with the point that Board members (generally) should be more proactive in reaching out to, consulting, being involved with and communication with members?

It sounds to me instead like you're pumping for some ivory tower/pedestal arrangement, just from your responses here. Can't tell if you're just being contrary for the sake of it... or are saying that Board members should sit back and wait to be approached by/approachable to those few members/fans that know how and can be bothered doing so (and who are also on occasion ridiculed for it)?

Hellsy

Immortal
I def won't be there guys, sorry.
Gunna spend some time with work friends before the inevitable redundancies are handed out.

fish eel

Immortal
You've kind of picked up on my point... I see little difference to your statements in response in this thread, to the statements of others in other threads that are on occasion held up to ridicule. Just my opinion.

What's your point? That I make excuses for the board?

To quote yourself, you're entitled to that opinion (even if it is laughable).

But do you think dates should have been made around existing Board members, before these meetings went ahead? Do you think Board members should have been specifically "invited"

If people wanted them to go, then yes.

or do you agree with the point that Board members (generally) should be more proactive in reaching out to, consulting, being involved with and communication with members?

I think you've read enough of the forum to know my views on the board. But to answer the question, of course.

Does that mean I think criticism of them for not turning up to a meeting arranged over the christmas period at times and dates to suit others is valid? No. Of course it's not.

It sounds to me instead like you're pumping for some ivory tower/pedestal arrangement, just from your responses here. Can't tell if you're just being contrary for the sake of it...

Maybe I should tow the line and criticise the old boards every move and lavish praise on 3P's every breath rather than look at each individual case?

or are saying that Board members should sit back and wait to be approached by/approachable to those few members/fans that know how and can be bothered doing so (and who are also on occasion ridiculed for it)?

well, if something was being organised, it would make sense to approach them if you wanted them there, rather than hope through chinese whisper they find out about it.

Anyway, it's been a long day and I'm leaving work to catch the evening session at the cricket, otherwise I'd be going to the leagusie to ask 3P some questions - and I do have some questions, a couple of which I'd flagged on here previously in general conversation and gotten o real answer (though, they were posed generally and not directly at 3P).

strider

Post Whore

Which is an opinion that you're entitled to.

But do you think dates should have been made around existing Board members, before these meetings went ahead? Do you think Board members should have been specifically "invited" or do you agree with the point that Board members (generally) should be more proactive in reaching out to, consulting, being involved with and communication with members?

It sounds to me instead like you're pumping for some ivory tower/pedestal arrangement, just from your responses here. Can't tell if you're just being contrary for the sake of it... or are saying that Board members should sit back and wait to be approached by/approachable to those few members/fans that know how and can be bothered doing so (and who are also on occasion ridiculed for it)?

I reckon you and others who are bagging the current/ex board members for not going to these are massively off the mark ..... MASSIVELY ..... infact I'd go so far as to say it is actively looking for excuses to lay sh*t on them

no one is saying that the meetings should have been organised to accomodate the old board members - we are just saying it is wrong to get stuck into them for not attending if no one makes the slightest effort to try and include them

I said it before and i'll say it again - i believe these meetings are at least partly organised by 3P to get a leg up on the others - I don't think they particularly want the others there - its ment to be a 3P event .... and thats fine - good on em for taking the initiative :clap: - but i'm amazed the meetings are being used as an excuse to have another go at the others

Suitman

Post Whore
I reckon you and others who are bagging the current/ex board members for not going to these are massively off the mark ..... MASSIVELY ..... infact I'd go so far as to say it is actively looking for excuses to lay sh*t on them

no one is saying that the meetings should have been organised to accomodate the old board members - we are just saying it is wrong to get stuck into them for not attending if no one makes the slightest effort to try and include them

I said it before and i'll say it again - i believe these meetings are at least partly organised by 3P to get a leg up on the others - I don't think they particularly want the others there - its ment to be a 3P event .... and thats fine - good on em for taking the initiative :clap: - but i'm amazed the meetings are being used as an excuse to have another go at the others

And considering I raised the point in the first place.......I'll reply.

My original point was only that I was a little surprised that the incumbant board members aren't making the most of situations like these get togethers, bar Ovo, and I praised him for that. Not bagging them, and if that was the impression, it's not what I was thinking

Before anyone blows this all out of the water again, I'll ask the same question......

Why wouldn't anyone think that any person(s) from the board who aren't really held in great esteem at the moment with the majority of people, not make the most of ANY opportunity they can?

That's all I said.
Didn't discuss invitations or politics, I just find it strange that they aren't getting out there and selling themselves, in whatever form or avenue they can.

In my eyes, it's pretty f**king typical of the attitude of the old board members and it's exactly what we've come to expect from them.
And Ovo's attitude has been what we expect from him - always willing to at least give it a shot and get out there amongst the fans.

It's called effort.
I believe Ovo stated several times how much he loves the club, and how passionate he is about the Eels. Good on him, and tbh, that's never been in question..........but I wonder the same about the other clowns.

Suity

parra pete

Referee
It's called effort.
I believe Ovo stated several times how much he loves the club, and how passionate he is about the Eels. Good on him, and tbh, that's never been in question..........but I wonder the same about the other clowns.

Suity

:lol: What sort of reception do you think they'd get?

Suitman

Post Whore
It's called effort.

Suity

:lol: What sort of reception do you think they'd get?

I can't speak for others, but imho, I think they would get a good reception.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
And considering I raised the point in the first place.......I'll reply.

My original point was only that I was a little surprised that the incumbant board members aren't making the most of situations like these get togethers, bar Ovo, and I praised him for that. Not bagging them, and if that was the impression, it's not what I was thinking

Before anyone blows this all out of the water again, I'll ask the same question......

Why wouldn't anyone think that any person(s) from the board who aren't really held in great esteem at the moment with the majority of people, not make the most of ANY opportunity they can?

That's all I said.
Didn't discuss invitations or politics, I just find it strange that they aren't getting out there and selling themselves, in whatever form or avenue they can.

In my eyes, it's pretty f**king typical of the attitude of the old board members and it's exactly what we've come to expect from them.
And Ovo's attitude has been what we expect from him - always willing to at least give it a shot and get out there amongst the fans.

It's called effort.

Suity

OK, I'll put myself in the boards shoes here, at the risk of Barty saying I;m making excuses.....

All the talk, well, not all but a good portion of it in the lead up to the football club elections was about fan relations, or lack thereof, and the lack of communication coming from the club, to which end, the board were rightfully criticised for not providing stronger direction.

Now here we are, new year and new elections for the leagues club coming up, and the same discussions are being had.

So why arent we hearing much from the incumbants on fan relations and other such items?

I'll hazard a guess:

Because the Leagues Club election will have very little to do with fan relations and interaction with Parramatta Eels fans, and everything to do with who are the best people to make the Leagues Club strong again, and how they will do it. Without a strong leagues club, we wont need to worry about all the nice frilly things we all love that surround an NRL side because we wont have one.

And, TBH, I've heard very little in the dispatches we've had from either side to convince me they are the right people to turn the leagues club around.....

strider

Post Whore
... but then the LC owns the NRL team and most fans are probably there cos of the NRL team - so then maybe it should be a bit about fan relations .... cos we weren't supposed to consider the NRL team last election cos the the FC don't run them

I don't really believe the whole paragraph i just wrote - it just emphasises the mish-mash of responsibilities our club(s) are in about what matters to what