What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "3P Get Together" Thread

What dates suits?

• Friday 23rd January 7pm

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Saturday 31st January 12pm

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Sunday 18th January 12pm

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Whatever day Ron can't make it.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

bartman

Immortal
I reckon you and others who are bagging the current/ex board members for not going to these are massively off the mark ..... MASSIVELY ..... infact I'd go so far as to say it is actively looking for excuses to lay sh*t on them
Of course you're entitled to your opinion. But I'd suggest your interpretation of the reasoning behind what I'm saying is massively off the mark.

I am using the example of the missed opportunity of the current LC Board (except for Ovo) not taking advantage of these meetings is symptomatic of the wider general problem that the Board Directors of our Football Club and Leagues Club (with the exception of Ovo) have shown scant regard for making effort to interact, and communicate and consult with the members who elect them.

The lack of effort of 6 of the current Board directors in reaching out to member has been and is the issue... people can avoid discussing this all they want by focussing in on the pedantics of whether the Directors were invited or should be expected to attend or whatever - I'm simply interested in the raising in this thread the general point about the continued lack of connection initiated by the Board Directors - before and after the recent election.

There has been and is nothing stopping any of the current LC directors organising what those associated with teh 3P ticket have sought to do. Nothing stopping them at all except for their will. Credit to Ovo for seeking out info and wanting to attend, as for the others, how are they communicating their achievements and plans to me, as a member? They simply are not.

The myth that Board Directors would be doing something more improtant with their time in terms of Board duties on a Friday night, a Staurday arvo, a Sunday evening during summer is simply fanciful. For Board Directors - like us the fans - those times are simply free time which they can choose to use in whichever way they want. The existing LC directors (Ovo excepted) have shown by their lack of effort in seeking out members, and ways to communicate with them such as informal meetings held in teh club of which they are a Director of, speaks volumes to those willing to open their ears to the reality.

no one is saying that the meetings should have been organised to accomodate the old board members - we are just saying it is wrong to get stuck into them for not attending if no one makes the slightest effort to try and include them
That's your opinion, and one you're entitled to. Just as others are entitled to disagree and express a massively different opinion.

I said it before and i'll say it again - i believe these meetings are at least partly organised by 3P to get a leg up on the others - I don't think they particularly want the others there - its ment to be a 3P event .... and thats fine - good on em for taking the initiative :clap: - but i'm amazed the meetings are being used as an excuse to have another go at the others
If communicating with members about sharing ideas and plans is getting a leg up, the so be it. The point I've been making by "having a go" is simply that the "others" - the incumbent Directors with all the knowledge and resources to reach out to the members at their fingertips - have and continue to do nothing.

I personally think that's worthy of having a go about? Just as I would have a go at 3P if they promised to find new ways to get the members/fans involved, and then didn't follow through.

fish eel

Immortal
... but then the LC owns the NRL team and most fans are probably there cos of the NRL team - so then maybe it should be a bit about fan relations .... cos we weren't supposed to consider the NRL team last election cos the the FC don't run them

Thats true, but there is a big segment of the leagues club that would either have a) no interest in football, b) a passing interest and c) parra fans but not really into the fan relation side of it

I don't really believe the whole paragraph i just wrote - it just emphasises the mish-mash of responsibilities our club(s) are in about what matters to what

That's true.

what is interesting though is that people said the structure meant that people couldnt be held accountable, however I think the board were held pretty bloody accountable for the NRL operations at the last FC elections.

bartman

Immortal
What's your point? That I make excuses for the board?
My point is that you are being a wanker, basically :lol:.

You're entitled to your opinion, but if this is it you should maybe re-think your criticism of MITS for his opinions....

Anyway, it's been a long day and I'm leaving work to catch the evening session at the cricket, otherwise I'd be going to the leagusie to ask 3P some questions - and I do have some questions, a couple of which I'd flagged on here previously in general conversation and gotten o real answer (though, they were posed generally and not directly at 3P).
Well in my book that's kind of like not bothering to vote and then criticising the government that was elected, when you had the chance to participate and chose not to.

Are you a voting member of the FC and LC Fishy? Or just all talk on the issues?

bartman

Immortal
OK, I'll put myself in the boards shoes here, at the risk of Barty saying I;m making excuses.....

And, TBH, I've heard very little in the dispatches we've had from either side to convince me they are the right people to turn the leagues club around.....
Maybe you should consider making the effort to turn up at the opportunities that are presented (by one side), then you'd be in a position to post credible opinions on whether you have been convinced (by them) or not?

bartman

Immortal
... but then the LC owns the NRL team and most fans are probably there cos of the NRL team - so then maybe it should be a bit about fan relations .... cos we weren't supposed to consider the NRL team last election cos the the FC don't run them
Exactly Strider. To me that's kind of the point Fish is missing when he runs/beleives the "Leagues Club elections have nothing to do with NRL fan relations" line.

The same line got thrown at us by the incumbents in saying the Footy club was just about Juniors and not about NRL fan relations.

I don't really believe the whole paragraph i just wrote - it just emphasises the mish-mash of responsibilities our club(s) are in about what matters to what
The incumbents are the ones that have created the mish-mash... and if Fishy has questions that he doesn't put specifically to either side (given that one side is giving open opportunities) then he really comes across as having a less informed opinion than if he had made the effort to broach the question and consider the responses received.

bartman

Immortal
So Bart, which 3P directors were there tonight?
Elected Directors of the footy club? Brett Kenny and John Chidiac. No previous incumbent Directors of the FC or LC.

And in response to the earlier point, Terry Leabeater was there tonight as well.

fish eel

Immortal
My point is that you are being a wanker, basically :lol:.

Good for you.

So eloquently put.

You're entitled to your opinion, but if this is it you should maybe re-think your criticism of MITS for his opinions....

I have nothing to rethink, but thanks for the advice.

My main criticism of Mark is that he has been instransic.

I have, though, given him credit for being loyal and sticking by mates, I trait I have said on this board, in relation to him is nothing to be ashamed of.

Well in my book that's kind of like not bothering to vote and then criticising the government that was elected, when you had the chance to participate and chose not to.

Are you a voting member of the FC and LC Fishy? Or just all talk on the issues?

I am a voting Leagues Club member.

I am very reluctant to vote the current board back in. I am also pretty sceptical of 3P in relation to the Leagues Club.

I know 3P are the flavour of the month, but at the risk of going all Parra Pete and using the quotes of others, I'm gonna quote Vladamir Putin in regards to Obama:

"The biggest disappointments come from the greatest expectations.

bartman

Immortal
I started from a position of suspicion of 3P. Writing things on here like who are they (the wider group) and what have they got that a bunch of us who post on here don't already have and could contribute. I don't have great expectations, though my confidence is a lot higher in what their group can bring to the Board (yes, the business oriented LC Board) than the current lot who (except for Ovo) remain out of touch to me as a member.

The thing I like is that they admit they aren't the whole package, and that a club (Football, Leagues whatever) is only as string as the members and their talents. And that an organisation should actively court and harness those talents for the greater good - that bit should speak to you, presuming you share my belief in the central concepts of unionism, membership and participation.

You should really hear Terry Leabeater talk. And then judge whether it is flavour of the month or whether it gives you enough reason to decide your vote and not be a nark about others who have made the effort and express where they are at - whether it be toward the incumbent camp or toward 3P.

fish eel

Immortal
Maybe you should consider making the effort to turn up at the opportunities that are presented (by one side), then you'd be in a position to post credible opinions on whether you have been convinced (by them) or not?

Yeah, gee sorry for not making it last weekend because I had a family commitment standing, and gee, I should have passed up on the free cricket ticket tonight :roll:

Exactly Strider. To me that's kind of the point Fish is missing when he runs/beleives the "Leagues Club elections have nothing to do with NRL fan relations" line.

If you're going to quote me Barty, then please do it properly and not put words in my mouth ;-)

I did not say 'nothing to with NRL fan relations" but"

"Because the Leagues Club election will have very little to do with fan relations and interaction with Parramatta Eels fans,"

Very little. And I stand by that. It is a small part of a bigger picture.

The incumbents are the ones that have created the mish-mash... and if Fishy has questions that he doesn't put specifically to either side (given that one side is giving open opportunities) then he really comes across as having a less informed opinion than if he had made the effort to broach the question and consider the responses received.

For the record Bart, I have put some questions (in person) on a previous occasion to 3P prior to the FC elections and heard them answer others questions - so, when I say I wasn't convinced there is a reason. The reason being I DID 'broach the question' and 'consider the responses received'.

The leagues club elections are a while off so I'm sure I'm have other chances closer to the date.

In the meantime, keep up hooking into me and saying how 'less informed' I am. water off this ducks back

Dutchy

Immortal
Nah. Any guy that sticks his finger up another guys clacker should not play for Manly

butch82

Juniors
I started from a position of suspicion of 3P. Writing things on here like who are they (the wider group) and what have they got that a bunch of us who post on here don't already have and could contribute. I don't have great expectations, though my confidence is a lot higher in what their group can bring to the Board (yes, the business oriented LC Board) than the current lot who (except for Ovo) remain out of touch to me as a member.

The thing I like is that they admit they aren't the whole package, and that a club (Football, Leagues whatever) is only as string as the members and their talents. And that an organisation should actively court and harness those talents for the greater good - that bit should speak to you, presuming you share my belief in the central concepts of unionism, membership and participation.

You should really hear Terry Leabeater talk. And then judge whether it is flavour of the month or whether it gives you enough reason to decide your vote and not be a nark about others who have made the effort and express where they are at - whether it be toward the incumbent camp or toward 3P.

bartman could u give us country folk an inside view of terry?
and what happened tonight???
cheers mate

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, gee sorry for not making it last weekend because I had a family commitment standing, and gee, I should have passed up on the free cricket ticket tonight :roll:
No-one is having a go at you just for not going. In the same way (at least my) criticism of the current board isn't about whether they attended these particular informal meetings in their own venue.

My point to you is that you're not really in a position to have a go at others and their views (whether leaning toward incumbents or toward 3P) until you do make the effort. Similarly my point about the current board is also that they aren't making the effort, and forfeit the right to take the moral high ground in comparison to others.

If you're going to quote me Barty, then please do it properly and not put words in my mouth ;-)

I did not say 'nothing to with NRL fan relations" but"

"Because the Leagues Club election will have very little to do with fan relations and interaction with Parramatta Eels fans,"

Very little. And I stand by that. It is a small part of a bigger picture.
Nothing, very little... whatever.

I've just found it amusing that you've been one of the most vocal antagonists of MITS due to his views and approach on here, yet practice a very similar approach in this thread and on this issue at the same time.

For the record Bart, I have put some questions (in person) on a previous occasion to 3P prior to the FC elections and heard them answer others questions - so, when I say I wasn't convinced there is a reason. The reason being I DID 'broach the question' and 'consider the responses received'.

The leagues club elections are a while off so I'm sure I'm have other chances closer to the date.
Good for you. And perhaps in the meantime you might take less issue with the opinions of those who have already taken their chances earlier and are expressing their considered views - either for the incumbents or 3P (or neither, or a mixture)?

In the meantime, keep up hooking into me and saying how 'less informed' I am. water off this ducks back
The whole message board is water off everyone's back :lol:. And if it's not then I'd be worried.

It's pretty simple, I put my view, if you respond regarding my view then I'll probably respond back. If you're happy to just express your own view too without needing to reference other people's in doing so, then likewise your views probably won't be "hooked into" when merited. That's all this is, an exchange of and debate of points of view...

strider

Post Whore
Elected Directors of the footy club? Brett Kenny and John Chidiac. No previous incumbent Directors of the FC or LC.

And in response to the earlier point, Terry Leabeater was there tonight as well.
and brett and john were there because? Col asked them to come right? ... basically this whole thing was created by Col

why didn't Col ask the other directors to come? .... would you think the other directors would feel in any way comfortable asking themselves along to a gathering organised by someone who has campaigned hard to oust them?

I don't know if its an "expected" part of being a director of a footy board to participate in informal fan relation evenings? .... do directors of other club boards do this? .... don't get me wrong - full credit to 3P for putting in and doing it :thumn - but they are currently in a state of trying to gain support so they have alot of motivation to be active right now

to Col - please don't see me as trying to knock you guys here .... I just don't really agree with the arguements ppl have been putting out about the other directors in this matter .... I think the effort you guys are putting in is great and I will likely be at the gathering next Sat cos I've very interested to hear what ppl have to say

fish eel

Immortal
No-one is having a go at you just for not going. In the same way (at least my) criticism of the current board isn't about whether they attended these particular informal meetings in their own venue.

Oh, OK, I mistook your previous digs about not turning up when opportunities where there. ;-)

My point to you is that you're not really in a position to have a go at others and their views (whether leaning toward incumbents or toward 3P) until you do make the effort. Similarly my point about the current board is also that they aren't making the effort, and forfeit the right to take the moral high ground in comparison to others.

As I said, I already have made an effort on one occasion. And yeah, I heard Leabetter.

I've just found it amusing that you've been one of the most vocal antagonists of MITS due to his views and approach on here,

Oh no, there's been worse than me.

Nothing, very little... whatever.

Yeah, 'whatever', dont worry, it doesnt really matter when it changes the intent of what of was trying to say lol

Good for you. And perhaps in the meantime you might take less issue with the opinions of those who have already taken their chances earlier and are expressing their considered views - either for the incumbents or 3P (or neither, or a mixture)?

Hmmm. Take less of an issue? Why? People can think what they like. I can question their views and see where it goes, and likewise they mine, as you are well and truly doing.

The whole message board is water off everyone's back :lol:. And if it's not then I'd be worried.

Yeah, well I do wonder about some. :lol:

It's pretty simple, I put my view, if you respond regarding my view then I'll probably respond back. If you're happy to just express your own view too without needing to reference other people's in doing so, then likewise your views probably won't be "hooked into" when merited. That's all this is, an exchange of and debate of points of view...

I really dont get what your saying there. In fact, I havent got a lot of what you're saying. Express my view without referencing others? :?

Maybe it's just been a long day at work and night at the cricket and I need sleep...but I really am stumped on that one.:lol:

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
bartman could u give us country folk an inside view of terry?
and what happened tonight???
cheers mate
Hi Butch.

I'm a pretty quiet guy and didn't say much myself. And I'll admit to tuning out a bit in the later half when (in my opinion) a few certain nuffies (presumably non-candidate types who hang wit' 3P) started talking like they knew more about life/the world/etc than other people there who know just as much, without even introducing who they were.

What happened was basically three hours of guys like Terry, Brett Kenny, Colin and John Chidiak speaking about the reasons why they are getting organised and involved in the club Boards, and time for questions and discussion from everyone, as well as some breaks for quieter informal chats around the group. The less formal the better in my opinion, it's that type of spirit and culture that our club ahs to start getting going again, if we want it to be a postive place which helps results for our current and future players.

Terry speaks very well, and from the heart. I like to think I can spot spin and insincerity pretty well, and Terry was straight what you see is what you get. From what some o fthe others were saying, Terry seems the one who has grabbed the bull by the horns, and got the disparate group that became 3P honed and organised, in a direction that wasn't about hidden agendas or personal gain.

They genuinely want to hear from members/fans who want to amke the effort. There was talk of an email address for direct fan/member contact once they are successful in the elections, and I lost count of how many people Terry talked to at length afterwards and slipped his own card with contact details to for the purposes of hearing ideas and taking them forward.

As much as Ovo is a nice guy and comes on here and posts, the bunch of Directors that he is rolling with wouldn't have a clue now or in the future about harnessing the talents of members, and communicating and consulting with them. At the end of the day, I just want to feel like my membership counts, and that I am not just a number or a cash cow, and you get the feeling that is the core value of Terry and those around him in this.

He is passionate about his footy, has researched what makes other club operations (sport team based and non-sports based) more successful than ours, and he spoke specifically about the bush fans (of rugby league) and getting the Eels back out playing trials in the country and/or making visits (which used to happen back in his playing days).

Others may remember the debates with a bit more detail, as when some people in attendance started to seem to take their own personal views or role a bit too seriously I tuned out a bit. But yeah, just great that elected Directors, and their support team are wanting to do with fans/members, and not just once before an election, but regularly.

Latest posts