What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "3P Get Together" Thread

What dates suits?

• Friday 23rd January 7pm

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Saturday 31st January 12pm

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Sunday 18th January 12pm

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Whatever day Ron can't make it.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

strider

Post Whore
Hi Butch.

I'm a pretty quiet guy and didn't say much myself. And I'll admit to tuning out a bit in the later half when (in my opinion) a few certain nuffies (presumably non-candidate types who hang wit' 3P) started talking like they knew more about life/the world/etc than other people there who know just as much, without even introducing who they were.

What happened was basically three hours of guys like Terry, Brett Kenny, Colin and John Chidiak speaking about the reasons why they are getting organised and involved in the club Boards, and time for questions and discussion from everyone, as well as some breaks for quieter informal chats around the group. The less formal the better in my opinion, it's that type of spirit and culture that our club ahs to start getting going again, if we want it to be a postive place which helps results for our current and future players.

Terry speaks very well, and from the heart. I like to think I can spot spin and insincerity pretty well, and Terry was straight what you see is what you get. From what some o fthe others were saying, Terry seems the one who has grabbed the bull by the horns, and got the disparate group that became 3P honed and organised, in a direction that wasn't about hidden agendas or personal gain.

They genuinely want to hear from members/fans who want to amke the effort. There was talk of an email address for direct fan/member contact once they are successful in the elections, and I lost count of how many people Terry talked to at length afterwards and slipped his own card with contact details to for the purposes of hearing ideas and taking them forward.

As much as Ovo is a nice guy and comes on here and posts, the bunch of Directors that he is rolling with wouldn't have a clue now or in the future about harnessing the talents of members, and communicating and consulting with them. At the end of the day, I just want to feel like my membership counts, and that I am not just a number or a cash cow, and you get the feeling that is the core value of Terry and those around him in this.

He is passionate about his footy, has researched what makes other club operations (sport team based and non-sports based) more successful than ours, and he spoke specifically about the bush fans (of rugby league) and getting the Eels back out playing trials in the country and/or making visits (which used to happen back in his playing days).

Others may remember the debates with a bit more detail, as when some people in attendance started to seem to take their own personal views or role a bit too seriously I tuned out a bit. But yeah, just great that elected Directors, and their support team are wanting to do with fans/members, and not just once before an election, but regularly.
cool .... good post .... makes me keen to go along and have a listen at the next one .... I won't have much to say, I don't have strong opinions on how things should be done - but I'd like to hear what the guys have to say

bartman

Immortal
Hmmm. Take less of an issue? Why? People can think what they like. I can question their views and see where it goes, and likewise they mine, as you are well and truly doing.
Being eloquent/blunt again, I guess I'm just expressing that on this thread you're coming across as a bit of a hypocrit imo? Not because of the point of view experessed, but more the manner of its expression.

I really dont get what your saying there. In fact, I havent got a lot of what you're saying. Express my view without referencing others? :?
Perhaps better worded as having a view and expressing it without needing to be the first to put the views that others have expressed down in the process of expressing your own view? Probably just the hippy side of me thinking discussions are best when stating differences and simply sticking to supporting your case, rather than adversarial model of debate - had troubles with the ex on that over the years, perhaps as side-effects of an adversarial vs an inclusive/hippy working background?

Maybe it's just been a long day at work and night at the cricket and I need sleep...but I really am stumped on that one.:lol:
Yeah, it's been a long one for me too and I have a few beers in me as well...

bartman

Immortal
cool .... good post .... makes me keen to go along and have a listen at the next one .... I won't have much to say, I don't have strong opinions on how things should be done - but I'd like to hear what the guys have to say
Glad I managed some clarity for one post, through the beer goggles and this oppressive heat!

I didn't say a thing at all Strides, just soaked it in. At times I felt it got boring as some unknown/unidentified youngish 3P acolytes had their turn at saying nothing in particular.

But the chance to hear guys who are actually involved talking to a group, as well as having the chance for informal chats if you want to take them up, is something that has unfortunately been rare at the club, so worth taking if you can make it to the one next Saturday lunchtime.

Dutchy

Immortal
n804890180_5674448_6376.jpg

Parra Future

Juniors
to Col - please don't see me as trying to knock you guys here .... I just don't really agree with the arguements ppl have been putting out about the other directors in this matter .... I think the effort you guys are putting in is great and I will likely be at the gathering next Sat cos I've very interested to hear what ppl have to say

No offence taken Strider. See you next Saturday. I couldn't respond last night. I got home and thought it best to go to bed. Jesseel can tell you. I probably had "just a little" too much too drink and was rather enjoying myself. It was a good night. Last night, I think the last ones to go left about 12.30am. Another 5 and a half hour session. I thought it was good.

Parra Future

Juniors
By the way, my apologies to eelaholic. I think you had to tell me your login 2 or 3 times. As bartman said. Beer and Heat. Or maybe I should write, too much beer and it was DAMN HOT.

On another note, I asked Parra Jesus if he can stop correcting our grammar for a laugh. He said NO. John, if your reading this, it was good to have a chat.

butch82

Juniors
Hi Butch.

I'm a pretty quiet guy and didn't say much myself. And I'll admit to tuning out a bit in the later half when (in my opinion) a few certain nuffies (presumably non-candidate types who hang wit' 3P) started talking like they knew more about life/the world/etc than other people there who know just as much, without even introducing who they were.

What happened was basically three hours of guys like Terry, Brett Kenny, Colin and John Chidiak speaking about the reasons why they are getting organised and involved in the club Boards, and time for questions and discussion from everyone, as well as some breaks for quieter informal chats around the group. The less formal the better in my opinion, it's that type of spirit and culture that our club ahs to start getting going again, if we want it to be a postive place which helps results for our current and future players.

Terry speaks very well, and from the heart. I like to think I can spot spin and insincerity pretty well, and Terry was straight what you see is what you get. From what some o fthe others were saying, Terry seems the one who has grabbed the bull by the horns, and got the disparate group that became 3P honed and organised, in a direction that wasn't about hidden agendas or personal gain.

They genuinely want to hear from members/fans who want to amke the effort. There was talk of an email address for direct fan/member contact once they are successful in the elections, and I lost count of how many people Terry talked to at length afterwards and slipped his own card with contact details to for the purposes of hearing ideas and taking them forward.

As much as Ovo is a nice guy and comes on here and posts, the bunch of Directors that he is rolling with wouldn't have a clue now or in the future about harnessing the talents of members, and communicating and consulting with them. At the end of the day, I just want to feel like my membership counts, and that I am not just a number or a cash cow, and you get the feeling that is the core value of Terry and those around him in this.

He is passionate about his footy, has researched what makes other club operations (sport team based and non-sports based) more successful than ours, and he spoke specifically about the bush fans (of rugby league) and getting the Eels back out playing trials in the country and/or making visits (which used to happen back in his playing days).

Others may remember the debates with a bit more detail, as when some people in attendance started to seem to take their own personal views or role a bit too seriously I tuned out a bit. But yeah, just great that elected Directors, and their support team are wanting to do with fans/members, and not just once before an election, but regularly.

thanks bartman appreciate it big time....seems like the boys are in it for the long haul which is only gona be good for the club...thanks again..

eelaholic

First Grade
By the way, my apologies to eelaholic. I think you had to tell me your login 2 or 3 times. As bartman said. Beer and Heat. Or maybe I should write, too much beer and it was DAMN HOT.

On another note, I asked Parra Jesus if he can stop correcting our grammar for a laugh. He said NO. John, if your reading this, it was good to have a chat.

No worries Col. No harm done

If you ask me, not enough beer and too much heat ;-)

parra pete

Referee
Col, do you intend running for the Leagues Club Board.?
If so, the first thing you need to learn is the laws regarding irresponsible serving of alcohol, and how much a premises can be fined for breaches. :lol:

Danteri

Juniors
Hey Bartman, its good to see that you kept quiet at the leagues club last night.......but it seems that you know it all about life/the world/etc. Did John Chidiac sit next to you last night cos he didnt say a word either?

Some of what was discussed last night in regards to lack of emails from club and players not signing autographs is obviously more important to some Parra supporters than actually the team performing on the field and winning premierships.

Once again it was great to see the effort of the current board in doing something to put their views forward......

mickdo

Coach
Some of what was discussed last night in regards to lack of emails from club and players not signing autographs is obviously more important to some Parra supporters than actually the team performing on the field and winning premierships.

Does that mean we can only talk about team performance and winning premierships now, and everything else is off limits because it's not important enough? Seriously, enough of the stupid black and white arguments. There are a lot of things in this club that need to be addressed, and thank goodness there are some people who are willing to talk about them.

Fair point.

As I've said before, sometimes winning Premierships might mean selling the heart of the Club in order to chase one year of glory.

As I've said before, sometimes I'd rather a Club that has heart but runs last to one that runs first but has no heart.

Winning Premierships kicks arse but it's not all that a footy team is supposed to be about.

Suitman

Post Whore
Fair point.

As I've said before, sometimes winning Premierships might mean selling the heart of the Club in order to chase one year of glory.

As I've said before, sometimes I'd rather a Club that has heart but runs last to one that runs first but has no heart.

Winning Premierships kicks arse but it's not all that a footy team is supposed to be about.

So, what was your take on last night, HJ?

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hey Bartman, its good to see that you kept quiet at the leagues club last night.......but it seems that you know it all about life/the world/etc. Did John Chidiac sit next to you last night cos he didnt say a word either?

Once again it was great to see the effort of the current board in doing something to put their views forward......

The reason why you didn't hear John chidiac was because he wasn't there mate...

Latest posts