What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "3P Get Together" Thread

What dates suits?

• Friday 23rd January 7pm

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Saturday 31st January 12pm

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Sunday 18th January 12pm

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Whatever day Ron can't make it.

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

Danteri

Juniors
Stagger, I know that John Chidiac wasnt there but as per Bartman's earlier response he stated that he was, he also stated that there were "nuffies who knew it all" at last nights get together who didnt bother to introduce themselves. Well I don't remember many people introducing themselves last night so there was no need to get personal and accuse them of being know it alls etc. I assume that I was one of those people who he is suggesting so I might as well introduce myself now.....My name is Daniel and I've been a STH for 16 years and a member of the Football Club for 5 years.
Everybody has there own opinions on what is best for this club but one things for sure there is no need for it to get personal or degrading.

There is a thing we have in common and that is we love the Parramatta Eels

Stagger eel

Staff member
Stagger, I know that John Chidiac wasnt there but as per Bartman's earlier response he stated that he was, he also stated that there were "nuffies who knew it all" at last nights get together who didnt bother to introduce themselves. Well I don't remember many people introducing themselves last night so there was no need to get personal and accuse them of being know it alls etc. I assume that I was one of those people who he is suggesting so I might as well introduce myself now.....My name is Daniel and I've been a STH for 16 years and a member of the Football Club for 5 years.
Everybody has there own opinions on what is best for this club but one things for sure there is no need for it to get personal or degrading.

ok..sorry, I didn't really notice Barty's post but yeah I kinda agree with you there.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Glad I managed some clarity for one post, through the beer goggles and this oppressive heat!

I didn't say a thing at all Strides, just soaked it in. At times I felt it got boring as some unknown/unidentified youngish 3P acolytes had their turn at saying nothing in particular.

But the chance to hear guys who are actually involved talking to a group, as well as having the chance for informal chats if you want to take them up, is something that has unfortunately been rare at the club, so worth taking if you can make it to the one next Saturday lunchtime.

oh! Danteri!..I take it you meant this post???..the only thing you have to be concerned about is what's in bold mate..I'd say the occasion has got to him. :lol:

bartman

Immortal
Hey Bartman, its good to see that you kept quiet at the leagues club last night.......but it seems that you know it all about life/the world/etc. Did John Chidiac sit next to you last night cos he didnt say a word either?
So I got John Chidiak confused with was it maybe Robert Sassoon (sp?) or someone who ran with 3P but didn't get elected to the FC? Sor-ry... it was after midnight when I posted and had a few beers.

Some of what was discussed last night in regards to lack of emails from club and players not signing autographs is obviously more important to some Parra supporters than actually the team performing on the field and winning premierships.
Well, no Board election result can possible guarantee the team performing on the field and winning premierships... anyone that believes that in my opinion probably loses credibility in anything else they might say in a public meeting or elsewhere

Once again it was great to see the effort of the current board in doing something to put their views forward......
If you bother to read some of my other posts in thsi thread, you'll actually find I agree with you on that point.

bartman

Immortal
Well I don't remember many people introducing themselves last night so there was no need to get personal and accuse them of being know it alls etc.
Terry introduced himself, as did Bert, and Colin... the people who probably least needed to. But hey, it's just my opinion on the meeting (which if you read through was a positive opinion overall). Other people's opinion may be different. It's an internet forum, that's what we're here for.
I assume that I was one of those people who he is suggesting so I might as well introduce myself now.....
My comments didn't get personal, because I did not name anyone who didn't introduce themself before standing and speaking (in a manner which sounded like it was on behalf of the 3P group) to other supporters (who were not).

My name is Daniel and I've been a STH for 16 years and a member of the Football Club for 5 years.
Good on you Daniel. Nice to e-meet you and welcome to the forums.

Nothing I wrote was personalised, it was just my generalised opinion of the meeting. By a few "nuffies" I mean people who ended up out the front speaking but had nothing special to say that any other supporter seated couldn't have said for themselves. If you feel my comments applied to you, then maybe look at it now as a simply a chance to take some advice from one of the masses?

If you are part of the wider 3P ticket/group, then you might in future see the need to introduce yourself (as you have done above) before speaking to an audience who have no idea who you are, rather than just assuming the name/fame of the people around you will automatically create positive regard. This is especially true if you are intending to run as a candidate for anything, but perhaps you are not that way inclined.

If you are intending to run, then you have to earn votes through making the efforts like introducing yourself and your background before you speak, not just through association of being part of a ticket. Some people's strength is talking in groups like that (eg Terry, Colin, even Bert when he had the floor), and some people's strength is more behind the scenes. In my opinion some people should probably get a tap on the shoulder and be told not to speak as much, if its just to add nothing much of substance or to hear their own voice in front of their mates.

That's true, can't argue with you there.

But that doesn't change my giving a personal opinion that some people who stood at the front and spoke at some length had very little of substance to say. Terry said that there had been a process of culling people from the wider 3P group who were more self-interested than interested in the group aims - but it seemed to me there were a few acolytes floating around who seemed a bit smug in their manner to the other supporters there. Not a good look when you're trying to win hearts and minds, but overall you'll read that I've said the meeting was positive, and support the fact 3P are making the effort and doing them.

bartman

Immortal
If so, the first thing you need to learn is the laws regarding irresponsible serving of alcohol, and how much a premises can be fined for breaches. :lol:
:lol:
Yes, I probably was a bit tipsy last night when I posted... so there may not have been a lot of sense being made.

But I blame the heat :sarcasm:

bartman

Immortal
and brett and john were there because? Col asked them to come right? ... basically this whole thing was created by Col

why didn't Col ask the other directors to come? .... would you think the other directors would feel in any way comfortable asking themselves along to a gathering organised by someone who has campaigned hard to oust them?

I don't know if its an "expected" part of being a director of a footy board to participate in informal fan relation evenings? .... do directors of other club boards do this? .... don't get me wrong - full credit to 3P for putting in and doing it :thumn - but they are currently in a state of trying to gain support so they have alot of motivation to be active right now
I missed this post in the mix last night Strides, but good points.

My belief is that the current Directors of the Board should have the same motivation as the 3P team in interacting with the members who decide the votes. Are we forgiving the current Directors for having less motivation for communicating and interacting with their members, and if so, why?

Why didn't Col ask the other Directors personally? Because he doesn't have to. I would use the difference between Ovo's approach (seeking out avenues to find out what the fans/members are thinking, and even coming along to the first of Col's meetings) as what I would be expecting other current Directors to be trying to do as well.

That's my point, not roll-calling the current LC Directors for their non-attendance at these meetings in comparison to 3P, but giving that non-attendance as an example of the culture of Directors not bothering to look online (or any other way) into what fans are up to or thinking. I don't think it's good enough and that's why I find the way that 3P/Col have apporached this side of things refreshing.

Fishy seemed to want to be pedantic about the attendances for these meetings rather than respond about the underlying issue raised in the posts about the current LC Directors (except for Ovo) not bothering to communicate, interact or be accountable to their general members.

It just seemed to me in the way he raised his opinion that like he was simply being a nark rather than having a coherent point to make, and I found his reasoning very similar to reasoning I believe I've seen him criticise others for using on here. Since I felt like Fishy and I e-know each other well enough by now on here I chose to be straight about that opinion in my responses.

parra pete

Referee
i wish i was there, i'm moving to europe soon though

Oh no..Who will I have battles with then? You are not taking Bazal with you by any chance :pray:
Look up Timmy Smith when you are over there, if you can find him listed in the second division...;-)

bartman

Immortal
:lol::lol:

Suity

PS. So who was Bart talking about then??
Thanks to Danteri through whom I can now say that the guy I was getting mixed up with John Chidiac/Robert Sassoon (sp?) was Bob Gare. I knew it was someone who had run with 3P, and who I had seen before. So sorry to all for the mix-up, Bob has posted on here and had some good things to say I thought.

Dnateri is now aware of exactly who/what I meant by my comments re a few nuffies seemingly associated with/speaking on behalf of 3P to the other supporters, in details I never intended going into on the forum. * I don't believe that Danteri is officially associated with or potentially running with the 3P group and is probably noty one of the people I was referring to as speaking to other supporters up the front on behalf of 3P without really saying anything *, but he can now judge for himself whether my general comments actually included him or not, like he had originally waded in and assumed.

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
I think this is the current list re this Sunday's session.

If you do live close enough and haven't made it along to one of these yet to hear what is being said about the club and its future, and/or throw in your own 2c in suggestions or questions, then I'd recommend doing it.

A great opportunity that I don't believe any Directors (or aspiring Directors) have offered to the general members/fans before.

Saturday 31st January 12pm
1) Col Green (Parra Future)
2) Stagger (Work Permitting)
3) Nikki
4) Parra Guru
5) Suity
6) Glenn (Work Permitting)
7) JessEel
8) Hellsy (at this stage)
9) eelaholic (will try to make it after footy trial)
10) Bob Gare (3P)
11) Yodaeel
12) Terry Leabeater (3P)
13) Spiderdan
14) Avenger
15) strider

Yodaeel

Juniors
Sorry I missed yesterdays games I felt sorry for the boys playing in that heat.

We took the photo for this years poster on Friday at Ronald McDonald House.
The team are a great supporter of the 26 families who have children with cancer that live there.

Tomorrow AUSTRALIA DAY the boys will be helping with a BBQ at Parramatta Park with the RSL Sub Branch near the RSL Club to raise funds for the families.

OVO

bartman

Immortal
Some flashbacks to some other points discussed on Friday night:

- How the Leagues Club's primary aim/reason for existing is to fund the football operations. This is apparently in the LC Constitution.

- Football operations would include the Football Club should the NRL responsibilities be moved back there in the future. For the LC to not fund the FC could be taken as against the LC's own constitution, and it is believed that this would need a proper Extraordinary General meeting and an LC members vote on the issue before there is any danger.

- Terry Leadbeater said on a number of occasions this is not about ousting Denis, it's about improving the club from head to toe. However the CEO position was (quite rightly) mentioned as an employee who should carry out the wishes and broad direction of the Board of the day, not the other way around.

- the elected 3P Football Club directors are asking for and (slowly) getting a look at the documents which show the overall club and Leagues Club future plan and direction.

(And so they should imo, because to properly perform their role on the FC Board, they still need to know about how the wider club as a whole (including the LC) works and in what direction that is or has been going. Although people that still believe the FC and/or the LC elections have "little" to do with the NRL side and associated fan relations issues would probably disagree for reasosn best known to themselves...)

Suitman

Post Whore
Some flashbacks to some other points discussed on Friday night:

- How the Leagues Club's primary aim/reason for existing is to fund the football operations. This is apparently in the LC Constitution.

- Football operations would include the Football Club should the NRL responsibilities be moved back there in the future. For the LC to not fund the FC could be taken as against the LC's own constitution, and it is believed that this would need a proper Extraordinary General meeting and an LC members vote on the issue before there is any danger.

- Terry Leadbeater said on a number of occasions this is not about ousting Denis, it's about improving the club from head to toe. However the CEO position was (quite rightly) mentioned as an employee who should carry out the wishes and broad direction of the Board of the day, not the other way around.

- the elected 3P Football Club directors are asking for and (slowly) getting a look at the documents which show the overall club and Leagues Club future plan and direction.

(And so they should imo, because to properly perform their role on the FC Board, they still need to know about how the wider club as a whole (including the LC) works and in what direction that is or has been going. Although people that still believe the FC and/or the LC elections have "little" to do with the NRL side and associated fan relations issues would probably disagree for reasosn best known to themselves...)

Thanks Bart - pretty much a summing up of other discussions I've had with members of 3P.

Suity

So, what was your take on last night, HJ?

To be honest, it was a good experience.

However, in some areas I got the feeling that maybe well-wishing and good intentions are going to be put ahead of a realistic understanding of the situation.

Having said that, I don't have access to the modelling that I'm sure 3P are using for the basis of their plan and so my limited understanding could be very well off the mark.

bartman

Immortal
Thanks Bart - pretty much a summing up of other discussions I've had with members of 3P.

Suity
I'm a fan of putting the NRL side back under the Football Club responsibility (where it belonged). And am yet to hear or read any argument to the contrary about why it should not be changed back now.

Terry mentioned that to do so now with the necessary AGMs/EGMs etc could take up to three years, and wouldn't be an instant win, but that's OK by me.

Latest posts