What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ??? 4

Shredder

Juniors
Woody - they play different styles.
So long as they 6 and 7 are complimentary it doesnt matter what number is on their back.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
How can u justify paying him 550k/yr when he's in his 4th yr in 1st grade & has been an abject failure.This was a perfect opportunity to move on from our massively under-performing halves.

No other club would've offered him anywhere near what he signed for with us.He deadset wouldn't have believed his luck when they offered him money commensurate with a half decent no.7.Good luck to him that this moronic club has once again rewarded mediocrity !

Ted.settle down..lol
Hes signed for 2 years....thats when Clearys son is off contract......get my drift?

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I'm near convinced he will be in his last two years at the club on that deal. 2 years to coincide with Cleary Jr being on the market.

In that case, i can cop the deal. Worst case scenario Brooks improves out of sight. Not a bad situation.

Like your thinking MU..Exactly what i was thinking

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Holy crap. We tabled a 3mill deal over 3 years and he said no.

Lucky for us he said no.

Thats insane money.

Enjoy him Parra. He thinks he's worth Foran money

Hahahahahahahahaha etc etc

i couldnt believe that when i read it as well.
Who was the imbicile who offered him 1mill year...Pascualo?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
It's a shame that Brooks is injured, otherwise we could flick Moses now. Should also make Parra pay a transfer fee. Bonus is that we won't have wittyfan stinking up the Tigers forum once his dreamboat has gone.

Incorrect

Coach
I'm near convinced he will be in his last two years at the club on that deal. 2 years to coincide with Cleary Jr being on the market.

In that case, i can cop the deal. Worst case scenario Brooks improves out of sight. Not a bad situation.

Surely you mean Best Case scenario?

Because I would say a "Worst case scenario" with regard to Brooks is that he keeps defending like a 12 year old girl and continues his descent to playing levels on par with your average reserve grader...

Vozzy

Juniors
So they drop Farah then punt him the only player who was loyal in the last 5 years.

And now they will keep playing blokes who don't want to be there even after they offer you 1 million.

As much as Brooks is not in form I atleast respect him for signing for half of what moses was offered.

I'm just praying hard they keep tedasco. The money for moses and woods combined surely could try and lure if not cronk but maybe Johnson, widdop, foran. Or a good front rower.

I think it looks like there is going to be a massive half swap with a lot of clubs not just ours.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm ok with Moses going, as long as we keep teddy. Woods I'm not fussed on.

If we can get Cronk or Foran to help brooks that would be incredible. I'd also take Josh Reynolds.

Now with the eels out of the race for a half to me we're in a good position. It seems these 3 guys all wanna play in sydney and realistically there's 3 halves spots open for 2018. 2 at the dogs (talk Hasler will move Mybe to 9) and 1 here.

First priority get Teddy done then sort out the other half.

Tiger05

First Grade
Honestly for the amount these guys want and the way they've played this out I don't care if they both go. We can't have this circus going forward.

For what we are rumoured to be offering Teddy we should be able to get a player at that level. That is unreal money. If Woods wants close to that I'd punt him. I would actually take away his offer today. I think we've taken the offer to Moses off the table and I reckon that is good. The problem is that Brooks doesn't look like an NRL player right now but hopefully he can turn the corner. If not we are going to be down $550k in our salary cap for a reserve grade player.

It could be some tough times over the next couple of years but we aren't doing well now. I'd rather get rid of any guys that don't want to be here or are more concerned about the money they are earning rather than playing good footy and winning games with us. Despite what they state this is all a massive money grab.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Well from all accounts Moses has been given a release to join the Eels, I hope that the Tigers management refuse to enter into any more talks with the Uncle regarding a couple of other players.

Shredder

Juniors
05 to some extent, yeah it is - and so it should be, its their job.

Would you knock back a massive offer to go and do exactly the same thing that you do for work somewhere else?

I dont blame them tbh. I think they have at max 15 years to maximise their earnings potential and if some club is stupid enough to pay the money, they should take it.

Do I think they are vaue?
Well Teddy is the NSW fullback, which puts him in the top 2 in his field.
Woods plays for Australia, which puts him in the top 8 of his field.

Reports are that Parra matched Moses offer from us, so thats what the market will bare.

Ask it another way - who is better than either in their position and what do they get paid?

The reality is that they are the two best players at the club and they should be paid for it. They are also young and each have at least five years of footy to go.

Fangs

Coach
Well done Tigers! Re-signing the worst of your 4 main off contract players.

Never mind the captain or one of the most electric fullbacks in the game today.

RIP tigers.

Tiger05

First Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...for-stalled-negotiations-20170405-gvek2y.html

This article is interesting. It's Taylor and I think he helped create this mess by treating Robbie like a piece of shit but he is basically stating that these guys are jokers.

I don't get the love for Woods around here. Yes he is a good player but he isn't a great player. We shouldn't be offering him overs to stay. I think he should go because he is easily replaceable. Tedesco is by far the best of them but even then the offer we have made is overs.

As for who is better than them and how much do they get paid you could take so many props in the comp who are at Woods level and would be paid I bet now significantly less. When it comes to Tedesco I think he is the best fullback in the game but how much worse than him are Dugan, Hayne, Slater, Boyd, Gordon, Trbojevic, Moylan, Tuivasa-Sheck and even players like the Morris boys, Valentine Holmes or Jack Bird.

These guys are being dickheads. Maybe the best thing is to just cut our losses.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
There isn't love for Woods. Its the fact he is head and shoulders better than our second best forward. We have f**k all go forward and if it wasn't for Woods we would have zero.

Tedesco is one of the leading players in the game in several attacking stats fields. He is that damn good. Moses was the only one demanding money he had no right to and we've cut him loose.

Furthermore, Hayne, Slater and Gordon are no longer better than Tedesco and not even close to him.

Holmes, Moylan, RTS, Trbojevic and Morris boys are not off contract.

Jack Bird is asking for near the same amount of money as Tedesco.

So if we let Teddy go, who do we sign to be our Fullback next year.

As I continually, repeatedly f**king say to you of late, look at what players are off contract.

We have to look at what we need to retain and what's available and decide from there.

You let Tedesco go and sign who?
You let Woods go and sign who?

Bare in mind we also need 2 centres, a winger, a goalkicker and a decent back rower.

We have 4 genuine NRL Standard players among a bunch of depth players and you're happy to flick half of them with ZERO plans on who to replace them with while also upgrading the rest of the side that is sub par.

It's got f**k all to do with favouritism and plenty to do with logic.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Just reported on Fox League facebook page Moses has knocked back his offer and asked for an immeadiate release from the club..bye don't let the door hit you on the way out

Edit - Foxsports website link

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...l/news-story/eccb5dcefc5bda288c1e386f35116e7c
Surely you mean Best Case scenario?

Because I would say a "Worst case scenario" with regard to Brooks is that he keeps defending like a 12 year old girl and continues his descent to playing levels on par with your average reserve grader...
This moronic club were the only bidders for this pathetic joke.I dreaded this outcome that out of the 4 we would retain this useless gump.2 more years of inane passing & kicking & defending like a pansy.

Shredder

Juniors
lol logic.

If we lose Teddy the only player that would make me feel OK about that is Dugan. But I would rather move heaven and earth to keep Teddy.

We cant afford to lose Woods as we are already on the market for every decent forward available.

I did hear a squeak that we are holding out on immediate release for Moses as we are asking Parra to kick in a forward to sweeten the deal. Beau Scott or Nathan Brown anyone?

Tiger05

First Grade
Woods isn't going to trouble us much if we lose him. I really don't see the issue. We have a tonne of middle forwards. That isn't our problem. I also think he is a good player but the way he has acted over the course of this period isn't acceptable to me. He is supposedly our captain and is refusing to sign and acting all non-committal.

Tedesco is a gun but look at all those fullbacks that are out there.

Then we have the main point - signing these guys onto overs is what screws us. We sign them for big dollars and can't build good teams around them. Tedesco is being offered more money than basically any other player in the game. Is he that good ?

I don't care if we don't sign someone to replace Tedesco. The point is that we have to have a set of balls and do what is right for the club over the longer term.

I think you sort of get it when you state we need some other players. What are we going to do if we retain Tedesco and Woods and can't buy anymore players.

Do the right thing and treat this like a business. It's a business to these guys and they are making us look bad. I hope Clearly and the club does the same thing as they did with Moses and take offers off the table if this continues.