What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 8th Immortal

carcharias

Immortal
Johns drug use makes him an even better player IMO.

Imagine trying to play on or coming down from an eccie.

Knightmare

Coach
A mates' dad's fb status update:

"This is better than Mal Meninga..... not bloody likely !!!!!! and I was astounded watching the NSW Footy Show (and that's all it is) last night as Fatty "Manly-Sea-Eagles" Vautin stood in tears whilst sucking up to Johns after it was announced that the drughead had been instilled as the 8th Immortal.... my message to Mal Meninga: "hey Mal, I too am from near Bundaberg as you were and then in Brisbane, I stood and watched you rise from a Police Cadet at Oxley and then as a Police Officer with your mates Gary Belcher and Peter jackson at the West End Police Station in Brisbane.... and then you went to play for Souths Magpies, I also bought a beer or two from you when you worked at the Melbourne Hotel....you then went on to play for and Captain and then Coach the Canberra Raiders and win a NSWRL Premiership!!! I watched you, Choppy & Gene Miles tear the guts out of the NSW Blues in those early State of Origins and saw you blow away the Poms, Kiwi's, French and others in a Kangaroo jersey....and now Mal, you have Coached our Queensland Maroons into history in winning 7 State of Origins in a row.....so this is why I am at a loss as to how a grub like Johns could even stand beside you, let alone be selected ahead of you as an Immortal...I would've even placed Norm Provan and Ron Cootes before a drug addict like Johns.....that's all I have to say Mal, except, in our books mate, you'll always be a QUEENSLAND IMMORTAL and f**k the small minded NSW NRL......"

:lol:

It's a RLW award FFS!

Jason Maher

Immortal
A mates' dad's fb status update:

"This is better than Mal Meninga..... not bloody likely !!!!!! and I was astounded watching the NSW Footy Show (and that's all it is) last night as Fatty "Manly-Sea-Eagles" Vautin stood in tears whilst sucking up to Johns after it was announced that the drughead had been instilled as the 8th Immortal.... my message to Mal Meninga: "hey Mal, I too am from near Bundaberg as you were and then in Brisbane, I stood and watched you rise from a Police Cadet at Oxley and then as a Police Officer with your mates Gary Belcher and Peter jackson at the West End Police Station in Brisbane.... and then you went to play for Souths Magpies, I also bought a beer or two from you when you worked at the Melbourne Hotel....you then went on to play for and Captain and then Coach the Canberra Raiders and win a NSWRL Premiership!!! I watched you, Choppy & Gene Miles tear the guts out of the NSW Blues in those early State of Origins and saw you blow away the Poms, Kiwi's, French and others in a Kangaroo jersey....and now Mal, you have Coached our Queensland Maroons into history in winning 7 State of Origins in a row.....so this is why I am at a loss as to how a grub like Johns could even stand beside you, let alone be selected ahead of you as an Immortal...I would've even placed Norm Provan and Ron Cootes before a drug addict like Johns.....that's all I have to say Mal, except, in our books mate, you'll always be a QUEENSLAND IMMORTAL and f**k the small minded NSW NRL......"

It's a RLW award FFS!

Rants like that are the precise reason Joey was the correct choice.

Blade23

Juniors
Bloody hell - whose nan did Provan shag?

Hopefully he will become an immortal before it'll be reported as, "....was tonight posthumously inducted..."

My thoughts exactly, he is one half of the NRL Trophy after all, and has won 10 premierships from 10 grand finals.

Red Bear

Referee
I liked Andrew Johns saying that "Rugby League had given him everything"

Compared to one of the other nominee's famous comments

I think A Johns is a fantastic player and one of the best I ever saw, besides one game he never really dominated Origin as well as other have, but to snub Meninga is cleary "old boys club" mentality.

"I know a guy who played with Aaron Barba, therefore all opinions contrary to mine are null and void!!":crazy:

The whole concept has been cheapened by playing favourites.

Snubbing Provan is worse than Meninga and I would say Dally Messenger not being included makes it the biggest joke irrespective of the post war rule we probably would not be discussing Johns as the 8th immortal if it were not for Dally Messenger.

Also, why isn't Jack Gibson an immortal? Handy player, revolutionary coach, pimpin fur coat.

At the end of the day it's one magazines opinion and The QueeNZland butt hurt is sensationally hilarious.

Matt23

Staff member
As others have already posted, there should be a Hall of fame, starting with the "team of the century"

DC_fan

Coach
So when will be the 9th immortal be named?

Going on history it could be sometime away. Could be just in time for Billy Slaters name to be added.

Last night was probably Cootes and Provans last chance. Which is a real shame.

Perth Red

Post Whore
One day we may get a RL body run recognition programme on the greatest in the game rather than some frickin magazine. Surely with the new museum now would be an opportune time to create a proper RL recognition for the games best players?

_Johnsy

Referee
Butthurt is squeeling north of the tweed, it's deafening. The volume is almost as loud as their chip on the shoulder is. reading the courier fail website the morons don't even know it's not a NRL sanctioned award. The NRL have nothing to do with it. It is run, and judged via the RLW magazine. A pharking magazine, kinda like our games version of the logies. Ahhh kweenzlanduuuhz derp

Well deserved though. best 1/2 i have seen play, and by some distance.

Last edited:

Fire

First Grade
It's great news, made even sweeter by the fact those dipshits Wally, Fatty, and Locky won't be able to say "Queensland Immortal coach" in next years State of Origin broadcast.