What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The annual finals system debate thread

Which System ARL 95/96 or McIntyre

• ARL 95/96 which the AFL use now

Votes: 93 59.6%
  • McIntyre System

Votes: 63 40.4%

• Total voters

simmo1

First Grade
In the afl system the storm would have been knocked out in week 2 , the storm would have got the home game for losing so how can that be better, reward teams for failure in the first week of the finals

How the f**k can you say they would have been knocked out week 2? They would have been playing Roosters in week 1 and things would be completely different.

You're an idiot.

the only unfair thing is how the warriors ended up with a home final ... 7th or 8th should be playing away the entire duration of the finals ...

Gaba

First Grade
How the f**k can you say they would have been knocked out week 2? They would have been playing Roosters in week 1 and things would be completely different.

You're an idiot.

They would have been knocked out in week 2 if they lost , because they lost in week 1 idiot , if they lost to the 8th team in week 1 in the nrl system , if this was the afl they probably would have lost to the 5 th/8th team in week 2 after they had a tough week 1

so who is the idiot now IDIOT

Last edited:

Chaos

Juniors
I don't know, I don't follow the AFL, and nor do I think there is any major problems with the McIntyre system. Every system has minor flaws, but I have never seen any reason to think we should change again.

I don't follow AFL but the system is simple and I think it evolved from the McIntyre system.

adamkungl

Immortal

You're an idiot.

nahnahnah roosters would have won :sarcasm:

adamkungl

Immortal
the only unfair thing is how the warriors ended up with a home final ... 7th or 8th should be playing away the entire duration of the finals ...

pah, rubbish. we lost against 5th, they won against first. serves us right. Winners get the advantage, perfectly fair.

Gaba

First Grade

Why they were good enough to beat a higher ranked team , why reward the teams who lost to a lower ranked team

simmo1

First Grade
They would have been knocked out in week 2 if they lost , because they lost in week 1 idiot , if they lost to the 8th team in week 1 in the nrl system , if this was the afl they probably would have lost to the 5 th/8th team in week 2 after they had a tough week 1

so who is the idiot now IDIOT

You still. How the f**k can you say whether the Storm would have lost to the Roosters in Week 1? You can't.

Gaba

First Grade
Because a lot of hard work has been put into the first 26 games
Thats why the team who finishes 1st gets $100,000 and a shield in the rounds before the finals.

Plus they get the advantage in week 1 in the finals and a double crack , so why continue to give them the advantage if they lose to a lower ranked team in week 2

typicalfan

Coach
Its always down to interpretation as to what method is better. AFL in week 1 give team 5 and team 6 a home semi but team 3 and 4 dont get one.

Snoop

Coach
This year, as with last year, the two best teams for the whole year met in the final. Last year Storm won, this year the Sea Eagles won. I don't see how these result work against the McIntyre System. For the record I would prefer the AFL top 8 system but I just can't work out your reasoning.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
FFS.. clearly the best 2 teams in the Premiership played in the Grand Final and Manly won the match and most deservedly so..