What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Battle for the Western Corridor NRL vs AFL

westcorridor

Juniors
This. I wasn't saying your bid is dead but it's lost a lot in my eyes now to Perth and Brisbane II. I think the Ipswich area is deserving of a team but they're going to be a community based team and right now, very few people in Ippy know about it. I'm talking everyday RL fans. A lot of my mates in that region have now heard of the Bombers but have never heard of the Ipswich/WC bid.

You are right. I have been working on the bid for 2 and a half weeks now and I'm hoping to help change this as quickly as possible!

BuffaloRules

Coach

El Diablo

Post Whore
It's time the NZ bid team started using it

x2rudf.jpg

mongoose

Coach
The bottom 3 AFL teams are currently getting hammered by 100 points every game. Does the AFL really want this gap to get bigger?
Rushing expansion is a huge mistake for any code.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
How are the afl allowed to claim these viewerships and crowd increases without question formthe media?? Lions crowds way down, ratings static as far as i am aware. There only ammunition in NSW and QLD is based on exaggeration, spin and outright lies.

Billythekid

First Grade
How are the afl allowed to claim these viewerships and crowd increases without question formthe media?? Lions crowds way down, ratings static as far as i am aware.

They're not technically lying they're just spinning the numbers. Overall crowds and ratings are up because they have twice as many games. However the amount they're getting per game is down and that's what matters.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I’m tempted to start a thread about how the AFL is going to take over Cairns and Mackay if we don’t put teams in there asap…

The scaremongering is seriously getting out of hand.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
They're not technically lying they're just spinning the numbers. Overall crowds and ratings are up because they have twice as many games. However the amount they're getting per game is down and that's what matters.

I know but it still gives me the s**ts that nobody calls them out on it or asks them hard questions, Instead our own bloody league journos devote a signifanct amount of column inches to apparent "southern invasion" every week.

It will be interesting to see what effect the Giants have on the Swans crowd wise. The swans are down this year, think they have going alrite playing wise so not sure why. The giants might snag some casual swans supporters and reduce the swans crowds.

bobmar28

Bench
This article is a complete joke. Trying to blackmail the NRL by saying "if you don't give us a national team the AFL will takeover." Should we put a NRL team in Blacktown because the Giants are there. The AFL recently played a game in Cairns, should we put a NRL team there too. What about Coffs Harbour. It had a Swans trial game at the start of the year and the AFL have set up their North Coast Academy there, I guess Coffs better have a NRL team too.

Because 9 teams in Sydney isn't enough.

juro

Bench
I know but it still gives me the s**ts that nobody calls them out on it or asks them hard questions, Instead our own bloody league journos devote a signifanct amount of column inches to apparent "southern invasion" every week.

It will be interesting to see what effect the Giants have on the Swans crowd wise. The swans are down this year, think they have going alrite playing wise so not sure why. The giants might snag some casual swans supporters and reduce the swans crowds.
Have a look at the stats for attendances for Melbourne in the A-League when they went from 1 team to 2. The total for the 2 teams was only fractionally more than the previous crowds for the 1st team. I think it is a safe bet the same will happen to the swans, at least in the short term.

dgsfan

Juniors
Manly, Bulldogs, Tigers, Penrith, Eels, Rooster, Rabbits, St George, Sharks.

That's 9 (8.5 if you wanna get picky).