What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Black Hole

shiznit

Coach

I gotta say I’m not all that happy about having Olson again... he was terrible in Carr’s first season...

Hopefully with Gruden running the show he will be more of a glorified QB coach than an actual OC.

beave

Coach
Today feels like it’s 2002 again.

Except in reverse.... :-(

*goes and cries into his 2003 SB t-shirt.

shiznit

Coach
Today feels like it’s 2002 again.

Except in reverse.... :-(

*goes and cries into his 2003 SB t-shirt.
Lmfao.... motherf**ker think about what it was like for us...

Watching him kick our ass in the super bowl the year after we were f**king robbed in the tuck rule game... :joy::joy:

At least you have a SB T-Shirt... :joy::joy:

shiznit

Coach
The start of the press conference was pretty cringe worthy to be honest... the montage and Mark Davis acting like a complete fanboy on the podium...

But good to have Coach Gruden back...

beave

Coach
Lmfao.... motherf**ker think about what it was like for us...

Watching him kick our ass in the super bowl the year after we were f**king robbed in the tuck rule game... :joy::joy:

At least you have a SB T-Shirt... :joy::joy:

That SB shirt is pretty tight these days........

shiznit

Coach
This Khalil Mack situation is starting to piss me off...

Hearing all these trade stories about our best defensive player is ridiculous.

Reggie needs to get this done.

I don’t blame Mack at all... Players have very little leverage in the NFL.

The only thing Mack has is the option to hold out... as far as I’m concerned he’s done everything he could have done in his first 4 seasons and he deserves to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

He’s also never been a locker room problem and has always been a humble and strong leader.

He deserves to get his money.

They just need to get it done. If that means they have to trade away some of our O-Line which is the most expensive in the league then so be it.

All I know is for over a decade we drafted absolute horseshit in the first round... now we actually hit on a f**king All Pro at one of the most important positions in the league... and people are talking about us trading him??

Get the f**k outta here wit that shit... SMH

skeepe

Immortal
I don’t think the trade talk is being driven by the Raiders, it’s understandable with a holdout this long that other teams would start speculating.

Still, I don’t know why it’s taking this long. He deserves to be the highest paid defender in the NFL. Just get it done.

zombie jesus

Staff member
We'll give you Bell and you can sort his mess out and you give us Mack and we'll sort his mess out. Win Win.

legend

Coach
Gruden said your D still sucked with Mack. I'm guessing he thinks the Raiders can live without him (Mack). I'd be asking for two first rounders for a player of his calibre. Not sure what teams would be willing to part with that sort of compensation then make him the highest paid defender in the NFL.

My list of suitors would be:

Miami (based on the Suh deal)
NYJ
Tampa Bay
Indy
Texans
49ers
Bears

abpanther

Staff member
Gruden said your D still sucked with Mack. I'm guessing he thinks the Raiders can live without him (Mack). I'd be asking for two first rounders for a player of his calibre. Not sure what teams would be willing to part with that sort of compensation then make him the highest paid defender in the NFL.

My list of suitors would be:

Miami (based on the Suh deal)
NYJ
Tampa Bay
Indy
Texans
49ers
Bears

I'd love to see the 49ers make a play for Mack, we desperately need pass rushers!

ps - Please post in the high rollers thread and give us your thoughts

nick87

Coach
I can’t see a trade happening
Team is going to have to give up multiple firsts AND pay the guy immediately

That complicates matters greatly
Still stranger things have happened.

abpanther

Staff member
I can’t see a trade happening
Team is going to have to give up multiple firsts AND pay the guy immediately

That complicates matters greatly
Still stranger things have happened.

We'll offer you Rueben Foster and Arik Armstead, hell we'll even throw in Jimmie Ward at no extra cost!

nick87

Coach
We'll offer you Rueben Foster and Arik Armstead, hell we'll even throw in Jimmie Ward at no extra cost!

Unless it also contains your first next year, I ain’t even answering the damn phone

2019 1st
2020 2nd
Foster
Buckner

Then you got a deal

nick87

Coach
Interesting thing on this I’ve heard a few people on pods reference

Apparently there is a small rumour another the NFL that the reason the raiders haven’t really engaged in talks and why they maybe open to a trade is because they might not have the cash flow to pay him

Like literally they don’t have the money to put his fully guaranteed portion in escrow

I find that really hard to believe but the Davis’s aren’t your run of the mill billionaire owns and Peter King referenced it a few weeks ago and Jason LaCanfora said it too recently

Might explain a bit