What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Black Hole

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I’m absolutely glad that through all of this Mack got his money.

Absolutely well deserved.

He got paid, but paying stupid amounts, will never lead to winning anything, Raiders were right to trade him, i would of pushed them to throw Cohen in though.

kurt faulk

Coach
Define Bargain? 2 highest ever.

he should have been paid last season as he had already earned it. didn't but still went on to win dpoy on $1.8m.

8 years, $144m equals $18m per year for the best d player in the league. in a position opposing qbs hate the most with regards to feeling pressure from the rush.

DC_fan

Coach

It was a really dumb move to bring him back to coaching. Gruden has been out of coaching a long time, and the game has passed him by. The Raiders went back to the long distance past for their future. As has been shown so far anyway, it hasn’t worked. Unless things turn around, and quickly I think he will be gone come season end.

shiznit

Coach
Coop traded to the Cowboys for a 1st.

f**king sad.

2 of the best locker room dudes you could ever hope for in Coop & Mack gone...

3 first rounders for next season...

I have no f**king confidence that we draft anything close to good enough.

skeepe

Immortal
Locker room presence only goes so far though. Cooper wasn’t performing. Whatever the reason, he’s been average for at least 2 years now.

I’m ok with this trade. Disappointed, because I always hoped he could work it out, but ok.

shiznit

Coach
Derek Carr, hopefully.

:)

Ok, I'll stop.

Seriously, though - Gruden has thus far proven to be poison.

I'm scared as to just how much damage he will cause before his ten years are up..
Carr got sacked 7 times... didn’t turn over the ball once...

Not to mention the numerous drives that got going and suddenly stopped because of dumb penalties that turn a 3rd & 3 into a 3rd and 18.

It ain’t the QB’s fault..

At this point we just need to let Gruden do what he wants to do...

I was soooo shattered by them trading Mack because not only did we lose probably my favourite player in the league... but at that point it became clear to me they didn’t want to contend.

Coming from the absolute shithouse 10-15yrs we had... and then seeing what looked like us being on the cusp of something special before Carr broke his leg...

Knowing we were going back for a big rebuild... it seriously ruined the entire season for me... right when the season was about to start.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Carr got sacked 7 times... didn’t turn over the ball once...

Not to mention the numerous drives that got going and suddenly stopped because of dumb penalties that turn a 3rd & 3 into a 3rd and 18.

It ain’t the QB’s fault..

At this point we just need to let Gruden do what he wants to do...

I was soooo shattered by them trading Mack because not only did we lose probably my favourite player in the league... but at that point it became clear to me they didn’t want to contend.

Coming from the absolute shithouse 10-15yrs we had... and then seeing what looked like us being on the cusp of something special before Carr broke his leg...

Knowing we were going back for a big rebuild... it seriously ruined the entire season for me... right when the season was about to start.

Yeah, I'm being a sick.

I dislike Carr, but it is not his fault.

Gruden, though, deserves plenty of blame - allowing Mack to leave, signing Nelson, signing a 29-year old back up RB, denouncing analytics...

Jon Gruden is Mark Davis with slightly better hair.

The Dynamic Duo are killing our team.