What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bug!

CrazyEel

Bench
MarkInTheStands said:
Which is not a fact but an expression for Tim Gilbert that I just heard on the Nine Replay.

The Team Flew up Friday Night and they were fine. All well and in Good Spirits. Junior Palo was the new 18th and Joel was around but flew up on this own coin but was "In camp"
Well maybe you should let Dr Johnson know that cause he's telling the media it was last Thursday;

Skipper Nathan Cayless, Blake Green, Fuifui Moimoi, Josh Cordoba, Aaron Cannings and Joel Reddy were also off colour after the virus struck on Thursday.
"We don't know where it's come from and there's no common factor we can find like the restaurant or a meal," Johnson said about the virus, which causes nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
http://nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/4817/Default.aspx

Hurriflatch

Referee
if they were sick on Thursday as reported then there is no excuse at all for that performance not the players fault but the coaching staff for brining sick players up.

Jono078

Referee
This reminds me of the time Hagan took a sick team and an injured Thaiday and we played the Storm in Melbourne.

Most of them were sick and Thaiday injured and we got flogged 50-12 or something.

I was furious at the time as to why he didnt pick players who could have played fit without suffering.

Stagger eel

Staff member
did the virus strike all the players or just 1 or them on Thursday?? virus's do spread you know and if one of the lads had it on thursday and they weren't quaranteaned [sp] than chances are that virus which sounds like a nasty piece of work spread rapidly in the next few nights.

strider

Post Whore
Joel Reddy? huh? - he wasn't with them till late - good old media :roll:

I think the boys are gonna have to stop playing spin the bottle when they go on road trips :-s

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I feel a little better knowing all this. I will use it to put my mind at rest that the performance i saw today was a result of half the team being ill. Freakish thing because i started to feel ill about 4:10pm today.

eelz47

Coach
strider said:
Joel Reddy? huh? - he wasn't with them till late - good old media :roll:

I think the boys are gonna have to stop playing spin the bottle when they go on road trips :-s

sssssssssssssssh joel was still sorta in camp btw;-) , just day visiting

Hurriflatch

Referee
eelavation said:
did the virus strike all the players or just 1 or them on Thursday?? virus's do spread you know and if one of the lads had it on thursday and they weren't quaranteaned [sp] than chances are that virus which sounds like a nasty piece of work spread rapidly in the next few nights.

excatly so if they were sick on Wednesday/Thrusday not only did the club screw up by bringing a sick player(s) up that were never going to be 100% for the game but they risked the well being of the remaining players not to mention the other people on the plane, in the hotel and the Titans players.

If this was a more serious condition one that may lead to death like meningitis then the club could've found itself with serious legal problems.

strider

Post Whore
i think you should storm into the footy offices tomorrow demanding an explanation Hurri .... no really

parra pete

Referee
From parraeels.com.au

Eight Eels players were ruled medically unfit to play by the club doctor with a virus, and had injections to allow them to play.

Sort of explains a sh*t performance.
I wouldn't be surprised if Wagon is in trouble for a head slam

Hurriflatch

Referee
strider said:
i think you should storm into the footy offices tomorrow demanding an explanation Hurri .... no really

look, if the players just got sick after going up to the coast and it spread across the team due to the close confines of a road trip it spread to other players then it's a heap of bad luck and nothing much could've been done about it.

however, if it was a case that even 1 player was sick before the flight up yet they still didn't leave that player at home and take another replacement is terrible and some real questions need to be asked about what the hell happened

strider

Post Whore
ppl kinda get sick all the time - sometimes they get over it quick, other times not ... sh*t happens

Latest posts