What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Canterbury Bulldogs

dragondad

First Grade
They can talk about chokes all the want,but to be 20-6 up at halftime and on their way to the grand final yet to lose 37-20...

KoMoToe

Juniors
Hi guys i'm new to this forum,love the Dragons and enjoy reading passionate Dragons supporters posts.I'll ad my two cents and say,the dogs have the second worst miss tackle rate in the comp(worse than Rooters).It maybe wishful thinking but they might find it harder in the semis than everyone thinks.

Hi guys i'm new to this forum,love the Dragons and enjoy reading passionate Dragons supporters posts.I'll ad my two cents and say,the dogs have the second worst miss tackle rate in the comp(worse than Rooters).It maybe wishful thinking but they might find it harder in the semis than everyone thinks.

Interesting stat mate, should pass this on to Wayne, something he may use when the two sides meet in the grand final! :)

If we beat the dogs in the grand final (bar any bullsh*t controversial decisions) that would be the most satisfying moment of my life!

KoMoToe

Juniors
Interesting stat mate, should pass this on to Wayne, something he may use when the two sides meet in the grand final! :)

If we beat the dogs in the grand final (bar any bullsh*t controversial decisions) that would be the most satisfying moment of my life!
Yea Spartan a good team can win a minor premiership on defence and grinding forword play offence ,but you need good attack and good defence to win the premiership.Best moment of your life you say,i'll jump on that boat:D,i'm still sore about 1985,dam dogs.:(

STG-Dragon

Juniors

Agreed! It would be AWESOME!!!!

What the f**k is a choker anyway? Why does what happened last year or the year before with different players, different coach, different rules, have any bearing on what is about to happen this year? Can someone explain the logic behind calling us chokers, because it absolutely baffles me..

Yea Spartan a good team can win a minor premiership on defence and grinding forword play offence ,but you need good attack and good defence to win the premiership.Best moment of your life you say,i'll jump on that boat:D,i'm still sore about 1985,dam dogs.:(

Well thank God i was born in 1989 lol

1999 still burns me wen i think about it

What the f**k is a choker anyway? Why does what happened last year or the year before with different players, different coach, different rules, have any bearing on what is about to happen this year? Can someone explain the logic behind calling us chokers, because it absolutely baffles me..

It's all bullsh*t mate, ppl are just spitting verbal diarea to throw us off our game.

Nuthin burns me more when people brand the saints chokers...

maestro1

Bench
It's all bullsh*t mate, ppl are just spitting verbal diarea to throw us off our game.

Nuthin burns me more when people brand the saints chokers...

....and that is why they do it. They know it burns you. They're not stupid. They know that what happened in 1999 or 2005 has nothing to do with the current team, but realise it pisses saints fans off and will therefore throw it up at every opportunity. The kings of this are "ouwet" and "carcharias". These guys can't write a sentence without using the "choke" word.

It is similar to us using "rapists" and "Juanfarkall" and "Rorters"........

BigNormProvan

Juniors
The Dog's, the gutter of the league. I gain satisfaction from hating everything about that club. One of my many fond Saints memories was a game back in '90 at Jubilee. As I recall the filth were gunning for a finals spot and we were shot and buried when we clashed a few weeks from the end of the season. It was an arm-wrestle from the opening whistle, a real dour affair. Late on the whippy aborigine, McGrady, went about 70mts under the posts down the scoreboard end, he actually ran about 150mts but we couldn't catch the prick. The score was sitting at 8-3 to the filth and Tezza Lamb steps up from straight in front and slams the Steeden into the right upright. Moments later someone put Cam Wade thru on a tight right sideline and he jagged a try. Brad Mackay stepped up, legend has it Mick Beattie bet him a grand on the kick, and toe-poked it over from infront of the old wooden grandstand with the Saints jersey designed seats. There was f**k all people at the game but jeez we made a noise when it sailed over.

While i'm wandering down memory lane, who was there that arvo late in the season in '89 when we handed the Dog's their arse on a plate at Jubilee. Walford put on a clinic scoring 4 and potting 5 as we trailed 2-0 and went on to win 34-2. I recon it was the smallest Saints crowd i've ever attended. I'm sure the club auctioned Ricky's jersey.

At the end of the day, the Dog's are dogs.

Big Norm

SuperSoward

Juniors
F

I know aye. I FU*KING HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Why isn't every other stupid fu*king team called chokers, its only us. I'd rather LOSE in the finals than be fu*king spooners.

F*CKin Bulldog merkins *$&#&%

LazyDreamer

Bench
Had a Dogs fan use both "arrogant" and "choke" in a sentence yesterday. Treated the "arrogant" comment with the contempt it deserved. Sought clarification on exactly what was meant by "choke" - did he mean like how Ian Shubert choked on his lunch when auditing their books a few years back, or did he mean like the choke-hold put on the Coffs Harbour chick?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The more you let it concern you, the more they do it. Schoolyard 101.

Much easier to laugh it back with interest.

Besides, we all know the dopiest people in the world are souths supporters.