What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Choke

BranVan3000

Coach
b455bf088571876ec64b50237af6b86a_10404choking.JPG

POPEYE

Coach
Isn't that what happens when a team dominates the other? They hold onto the ball and don't give away penalties?

The Dragons were up 20-0 after as many minutes, of course the commentators are going to pump them up.

They were wobbly around this time last year as well, I wouldn't be reading too much into it. I'm not an apologist but I wouldn't be waiting off a Bennett coached side too easily.

That may be, but a smart thing for a commentator to do is wait to see what happens when the other team gets some ball . . . which invariably happens.

It is also prudent when you're paid to call a footy game do your job. Naming one player in a set of six and writing a team off after twenty minutes is not a good look

He and the Bunnies rely solely on scoring more points than the other team, defence really isn't part of the game plan.

Some times it pays off

for the most part it goes horribly wrong

The comp needs teams like that, they're not/never going to win it but they do make it more exciting.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Dear Stain Merge fans,

I finally understand what 'lol' is all about. I get it now, thanks.

Kind regards,

SouthSydneyTillIDie.

dogslife

Coach
Isn't that what happens when a team dominates the other? They hold onto the ball and don't give away penalties?

The Dragons were up 20-0 after as many minutes, of course the commentators are going to pump them up.

They were wobbly around this time last year as well, I wouldn't be reading too much into it. I'm not an apologist but I wouldn't be waiting off a Bennett coached side too easily.

This

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

This but 'writing' instead of waiting!

Lots of chokers calls last year too.

As a Warriors fan, I can probably take a little bit of pleasure out of seeing such performances given the Drags are our likely 3v6 finals opponent. But I'd still be very wary of them peaking at the right time. I'm sure Bennett is like Bellamy and places very little importance on minor prems (and more so on staying under salary caps)

dragondad

First Grade
No, I think it's a bit different to that slump.

I'd call this a shyte attitude/no hunger slump.

I did an interview with Jamie a couple of weeks ago and he sounded very hungry, maybe it is a certain batch of players? Or perhaps a down period mentally?

StormChaser

First Grade
The Storm have won one premiership since their inception just as the merged entity has, doesn't really matter when either was we're still even knackers. The only difference being is that we won ours against your mob :lol:

As you were......back to your sulking.

^^ This

applause.gif

eaglerock

Juniors
I did an interview with Jamie a couple of weeks ago and he sounded very hungry, maybe it is a certain batch of players? Or perhaps a down period mentally?

hahahah.... what interview, did you ask him a question from behind the barrier on a victory lap....and he was hungry for penis, like all the lol@$tmerge players and fans are...

dragondad

First Grade
hahahah.... what interview, did you ask him a question from behind the barrier on a victory lap....and he was hungry for penis, like all the lol@$tmerge players and fans are...

Quotes for a story which was published. Nice try though.