What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Choke

seaeagle sam

LOL Bunniesman, good try son. I'd dare say someone will just point you in the direction of the above tables and laugh at you. I may be wrong though

MightyBronco

Juniors
StMerge will be clinging on to the memory of their one premiership for years to come. In future debates they will use the awesome "but we WON in 2010! And we won BACK TO BACK minor premierships!" comebacks when bagged out for being shit chokers.

They choked in 08. They definitely choked in 09 (woot!), won in in 10 and look like choking again in 11.

StMerge are chokers. Its what they do best.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Speaking of chokes, have a look at some of these stats:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-michael-crocker/story-e6frexs9-1226106222164

Some extraordinary 2nd half stats from this shit team.
Yet despite these incredibly compelling statistics, we still have the 2nd best defensive record in the comp, 5th best attack and the 3rd best points differential. We also have close to half the amount of points scored against us than Souths.

So who is the shit team?

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
StMerge will be clinging on to the memory of their one premiership for years to come. In future debates they will use the awesome "but we WON in 2010! And we won BACK TO BACK minor premierships!" comebacks when bagged out for being shit chokers.

They choked in 08. They definitely choked in 09 (woot!), won in in 10 and look like choking again in 11.

When was the last year the Broncs won the comp, that's going back a bit, ahh the memories.

You have an entire state to pick from, a group of multi millionaire businessman who "assist" to attract & keep players. Yet you have failed to win the comp each year. Talk about choking.

Hutty1986

Immortal

:lol::lol: "Mightybronco" stumbles in to have a dribble.

How the f*ck did we choke in 08 you f*cking spastic? We finished the season 7th and manly flogged us in what was one of the most dominant finals series runs of all time. We had Ben Rogers in the side, that's all you need to say.

We ran out of puff in 09 and lost to a rampaging parramatta side and didn't aim up the next week in Brisbane (Though we did the last 2 times we flogged you in the finals).

If you want to discuss "choking," how about that famous 08' prelim champ? :lol:

Mr Fourex

Bench
"Mightybronco" stumbles in to have a dribble.

How the f*ck did we choke in 08 you f*cking spastic? We finished the season 7th and manly flogged us in what was one of the most dominant finals series runs of all time. We had Ben Rogers in the side, that's all you need to say.

We ran out of puff in 09 and lost to a rampaging parramatta side and didn't aim up the next week in Brisbane (Though we did the last 2 times we flogged you in the finals).

If you want to discuss "choking," how about that famous 08' prelim champ?

'06 ? Well.........Premiers Broncos. :D

'07? Drag Gones finished 13th

'08 ? Preliminary final...... Melbourne V Cronulla ?? What about it.........:?

'09 ?.......we knocked you out of the semis :?

'10 ? R5 you beat us. R21 .....we beat you. :?

The Broncs have always had the Saints number ..........you might want to look at getting your meds increased hutty or asking your Mum to remind you to take them when you're supposed to.

dragondad

First Grade
Let me set the scene.

1 minute to go. Brisbane lead by less than a try.

They have the ball, all they need is to complete their set.

The rest is history.

Hutty1986

Immortal
'06 ? Well.........Premiers Broncos. :D

'07? Drag Gones finished 13th

'08 ? Preliminary final...... Melbourne V Cronulla ?? What about it.........:?

'09 ?.......we knocked you out of the semis :?

'10 ? R5 you beat us. R21 .....we beat you. :?

The Broncs have always had the Saints number ..........you might want to look at getting your meds increased hutty or asking your Mum to remind you to take them when you're supposed to.

LOL you've always had our number?? We flogged you in 06 and you beat us in 09. Don't forget the 8 or 9 straight wins we had over Brisbane (though I'm sure you will). The Broncs have enjoyed a good record the past couple of seasons. And the 08 reference, my bad, it was a week 2 final but still a choke and a season-ending one.

hardbaby

Coach
I love the tribalism in league but I find it a bit tragic how many supporters dribble out the same crap year in, year out. It's as if trying to bring down another team covers the inadequacies of your own team. Sadly it doesn't. It just makes you look weak and uninformed.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Let me set the scene.

1 minute to go. Brisbane lead by less than a try.

They have the ball, all they need is to complete their set.

The rest is history.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ashton Sims dropped the Broncos a premiership that year, 2008. And we choked?

:lol::lol::lol:

Dragon Dave

Bench
In conclusion,

The Dragons must win every premiership without fail until the end of time. If not, we are chokers.

Fair enough.

Hutty1986

Immortal
In conclusion,

The Dragons must win every premiership without fail until the end of time. If not, we are chokers.

Fair enough.

Yes, despite the fact our roster "has few stars" and we play a "boring" style of footy, apparently :lol::lol:

MightyBronco

Juniors
Im old enough to clearly remember the pure joy of beating the old St George Dragons in 2 successive Grand Finals. The first time was awesome - the second unbelievable! If loling was around then i would have done it. Instead i tied up my undercuts, put on my reebok pumps and jheadbanged for joy!

I felt a little bit sorry for the old Dragons when the lost another GF a few years later. I said to my self, "gee thats gotta hurt, hope no-one puts the choker tag on this club!"

Then the new Dragons came about and i thought, surely now they have mreged with the Steelers they will show some heart and no longer choke.

Then the Eels and the Broncs smashed em so hard out of the Finals in 09..i knew the choke still remained.

But they did manage to win back to back minor premierships. Surely that will go down as the greatest achievement of the modern era! And that GF win against Easts! Wow! Of course by then i had seen the Broncs win 6 premierships, and was half-way thru my state winning 6 Origin series, so forgive me for not regarding ONE premiership as a mighty achievement!

And now all the glory is gone. It really is fleeting. Maybe StMerges good fortune were entirely down to a certain coach perhaps? The same coach that took the Broncs to 6 premierships?

And maybe since that coach has announced his departure, the rug has been pulled out from under StMerge? I thought after winning all those away games at the start of the season, they were guaranteed to win their 3 successive minor premierships? Didnt they even suspend betting? But then BANG! their coach calls it a day...and down go the hearts of the players.

Great to watch. I quite like the team, but its obvious there is no greater scourge on the game then StMerge fans. Anything that makes them cry, sure makes me smile.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Im old enough to clearly remember the pure joy of beating the old St George Dragons in 2 successive Grand Finals. The first time was awesome - the second unbelievable! If loling was around then i would have done it. Instead i tied up my undercuts, put on my reebok pumps and jheadbanged for joy!

I felt a little bit sorry for the old Dragons when the lost another GF a few years later. I said to my self, "gee thats gotta hurt, hope no-one puts the choker tag on this club!"

Then the new Dragons came about and i thought, surely now they have mreged with the Steelers they will show some heart and no longer choke.

Then the Eels and the Broncs smashed em so hard out of the Finals in 09..i knew the choke still remained.

But they did manage to win back to back minor premierships. Surely that will go down as the greatest achievement of the modern era! And that GF win against Easts! Wow! Of course by then i had seen the Broncs win 6 premierships, and was half-way thru my state winning 6 Origin series, so forgive me for not regarding ONE premiership as a mighty achievement!

And now all the glory is gone. It really is fleeting. Maybe StMerges good fortune were entirely down to a certain coach perhaps? The same coach that took the Broncs to 6 premierships?

And maybe since that coach has announced his departure, the rug has been pulled out from under StMerge? I thought after winning all those away games at the start of the season, they were guaranteed to win their 3 successive minor premierships? Didnt they even suspend betting? But then BANG! their coach calls it a day...and down go the hearts of the players.

Great to watch. I quite like the team, but its obvious there is no greater scourge on the game then StMerge fans. Anything that makes them cry, sure makes me smile.

So if GF's against the Roosters mean nothing.. we'll eliminate 2000 then? So the 2002 prelim final loss is more embarrassing? What about thefact your team couldn't make the 8, let alone the GF when that pathetic Easts side made it all teh way to the big one! That's gotta hurt!

Jason Maher

Immortal

The insecurity is strong in this one...

Mr Fourex

Bench
LOL you've always had our number?? We flogged you in 06 and you beat us in 09. Don't forget the 8 or 9 straight wins we had over Brisbane (though I'm sure you will).

..........well as long as we're strolling down memory lane, how does the '92-93 Grand Finals sit with you........

isn't that about the time St Choke made the name their own. :lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal
..........well as long as we're strolling down memory lane, how does the '92-93 Grand Finals sit with you........

isn't that about the time St Choke made the name their own. :lol:

But St. George Illawarra weren't around then Fourex. Can't have it both ways buddy :lol:

Latest posts