What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Choke

bottle

Coach
Lot of premature ejaculators in this thread. No wonder there are so many dissatisfied women out there. Explains clearly why big merkinry can pull so many hot babes, they'll take anyone who can hold on.
Did I miss the Grand Final? Who won? Came as a surprise to me given it's only early August.
Some of you must have only been watching the game for five months. Anyone with any history of enjoying the game would know that only a first class imbecile would call a top 8 side as done and dusted with over a month still to go before a ball is kicked in a finals series. Would said experts please tell me who else won't win it so I can narrow down my betting options? The choke calls are better left to actual finals series losses, at least they'd have some currency.
Let me explain it to you, it's all about probabilities. 8 teams won't make the finals series at all, hence zero probability of winning the whole shebang. For the others, the probability increases the higher up the ladder you finish and the better your form is going into battle. It's been ever thus, simple really.
Keep your powder dry fellas, don't go blowing your load too early. There will be plenty of time for derision and circle jerking come finals time if the wheels fall off.
The only valid indicator for future outcomes is past outcomes, albeit an imprecise method. Casting my mind back to last year I take comfort in the fact that latter game slumps in late season games are not a new phenomena with this mob. Whilst there's life there's hope. I'd rather be in this position than in the bottom 8 laughing at the teams above mine.

Mr Fourex

Bench
But St. George Illawarra weren't around then Fourex. Can't have it both ways buddy :lol:

I've let you St Merge fans keep your premierships........I know how upset you all get when someone points out to you that as a "merged team" you have only 1 premiership

........so your points null and void.

Brisbane gave St George the choke tag by blasting them off the park 2 years in a row at GF time '92-'93

.........live with it.

Last edited:

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I've let you St Merge fans keep your premierships........I know how upset you all get when someone points out to you that as a "merged team" you have only 1 premiership

........so your point null and void.

Brisbane gave St George the choke tag by blasting them off the park 2 years in a row at GF time '92-'93

.........live with it.

I'm living with 2010. Its heaps better.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i'd take the one on the left, personally..

vl_choko.jpg

carcharias

Immortal
some people might say that both Bronco's 92-93 and dragons 2010 were over the cap.

I am not saying that of course.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
some people might say that both Bronco's 92-93 and dragons 2010 were over the cap.

I am not saying that of course.

:lol:. Nice Carch.

I can guarantee you that Canberra in 1990, Canterbury and 2002 and Melbourne since 2006 were though.

Of course, they were just the ones who got caught ;-).

Bit OT, but a points system rather than a $$$ cap would put an end forever to the rorts.

BunniesMan

Immortal
:lol:. Nice Carch.

I can guarantee you that Canberra in 1990, Canterbury and 2002 and Melbourne since 2006 were though.

Of course, they were just the ones who got caught ;-).

Bit OT, but a points system rather than a $$$ cap would put an end forever to the rorts.
A points system is the dumbest least thought out idea in the history of rugby league.

When exactly would each players point value be calculated? When he signs or will it be constantly changing with each rep team that is or isnt made?

The points system is going to lead to blokes declining to play for Australia at the end of the season because their team is right at the limit and would have to be broken up if that player becomes a rep player.

The salary cap as it stands now is completely stupid, a points system, or at least all the ideas for points systems that I've heard to date, is even worse.

Paullyboy

Coach
I know this isn't a popular thing to say on this forum, but Bunniesman is completely correct about the points system.

The only people that suggest it are people who are reactive thinkers rather than proactive - and those people are useless in sports administration.

to_ddeath

Coach

........so your points null and void.

.........live with it.

Doesn't really matter. You're still a dickhead more obsessed with pummeling us rather than focusing on your own mob....

T.

betcats

Referee
A points system is the dumbest least thought out idea in the history of rugby league.

When exactly would each players point value be calculated? When he signs or will it be constantly changing with each rep team that is or isnt made?

The points system is going to lead to blokes declining to play for Australia at the end of the season because their team is right at the limit and would have to be broken up if that player becomes a rep player.

The salary cap as it stands now is completely stupid, a points system, or at least all the ideas for points systems that I've heard to date, is even worse.

All good points.

Western Saint

First Grade
.........live with it.
Not losing to melbourne with a matter of mins remaining? All your mob did was give Brian Smith night terrors which i imagine still happen :lol:

Yep.

The only way the salary cap works is if there are actual punishments if you get caught. Giving the Storm a year off was pretty soft if you ask me. Anyway, that doesn't really belong in this thread.

Is anyone surprised a thread by lol@zonoscope is actually still going? This guy picks a random loser from given weekend and just makes a thread about them. Muppet.

to_ddeath

Coach
Sure........"T"

btw

Do you cry on the internet often..........?

Nah, more amused at your predilection towards our failings...personally I couldn't give a "XXXX" about
you & your 23 year old scumbucket club.... What else can you pick from our history, would love to see you
try & trot out something original :lol:

T.

Latest posts