What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Choke

IMO - thought it was a tense finish, but the quality was awful in the first half. There were plenty of basic handling errors & both sides looked like it was their first game of the year.

Horrible, horrible first half. The ball handling improved in the second half, the ref put away the whistle and as a result there was more flow to the game.

POPEYE

Coach
The Dragons will make someone pay before the 'grand final'. Bennett will find a way to redeem the team. If he can't turn this around he's of no use to Tinkler

thommo4pm

Coach
IMO - thought it was a tense finish, but the quality was awful in the first half. There were plenty of basic handling errors & both sides looked like it was their first game of the year.

You summed it up perfectly.

I don't think it was a high quality game of footy at all, the score's being so close made it a good finish.

Geez it was a great game last night. Congrats Tigers. As a Dragons fan I walked away from the SFS happy that they stuck to the grind for 80 minutes. When you're down on confidence thos games get away from you, the bounce of the ball and the 50 / 50's go against you. All is not lost, but its a long way back.

I'm hoping Bennett can reproduce the magic from 06 when teh Broncs won 10 straight, lost 5 in a row after Origin and recovered to win the comp. I believe that getting just one win in the style that they played last night will get them back on track for the big games. Truth of the matter is the Broncs beat the Cows and we beat the Chooks (given) next week and we are in the top 4.

Congrats again Tiges and their fans. Was a great night at the footy and I hope we play again in the finals.

And Moffo - thanks mate. Saints back to back hahahaha.

all the piss taking aside, good post
it was an awesome match, it kept you on the edge of the lounge right up until the last 10 seconds

well done dragons and tigers

derp

Juniors
That was'nt a choke, there can be only one winner in a game footy.

D7 G
That's what it's all about.

Last edited:

Paullyboy

Coach
I hate how people equate a close finish with a good game. It's that logic, and that alone, that makes soccer popular for some reason

derp

Juniors
choking again hey bitches

dragon_sleeper_choke_by_rorydnumber2-d3i77xp.jpg

LOL@sta1ns

typicalfan

Coach
What?

Do you watch with your eyes closed?

Did ya see the 1st half

Pfftt........game of the season. FMD
I thought it was the game of the season. Just because there are mistakes doesn't equate to a poor game, both teams played at a finals pace and as the pace increases so do errors, it makes sense. But that game, especially the second half was a cracker.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I'm going to call it....dragons are gonnneeeeee!

Thanks mate, just when I was starting to worry that we may not get back to peak form by the finals, you spoke...

In all seriousness, it was a much improved performance by us. Congrats to the tigers, wasn't a spectacular game but it was edge of your seat stuff. How a penalty wasn't blown on that last scrum I do not know, but I've given up trying to analyse ref's decisions. Hopefully we can play ourselves into a bit of form against the Roosters.

Spot On

Coach
What?

Do you watch with your eyes closed?

Did ya see the 1st half

Pfftt........game of the season. FMD

QLD legend Wally Lewis said it was a brilliant game of league. Now he didn't call it the game of the season but ....... I'd listen to Lewis before considering what you may have thought of the quality of the contest. It was a ripper of a game.

Latest posts