What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Choke

ouwet

Bench
People still going on about the choke? The Choke died in the first week of October 2010 guys... Get over it (This is coming from someone who use to give it to St Merge about the choke)!!

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
.......did ya forget you made the same post over an hour ago?

Drug f*cked or what .....:lol:

Did ya know that it was deliberate and your inability to interpret that makes you...

you.

And I'd rather be drug f*cked than that. (insert emoticon/crying baby)

Congratulations on getting through a post without your amateurish attempts at proctology.
What are you doing here by the way? I thought you'd be part of the horde hanging around Lockyers house. Not that he deserves that after the stellar career he's had.

Last edited:
dragons will always choke
bulldogs will always be rapists
storm will always be cheats
roosters will always have no fans
manly will always be scum
50uff$ will always be LOL.

just the way the NRL is...

Slackboy72

Coach
People still going on about the choke? The Choke died in the first week of October 2010 guys... Get over it (This is coming from someone who use to give it to St Merge about the choke)!!

Whenever I go to ashes games and listen to poms singing chants about me living in a convict colony (to the tune of yellow submarine) I just feel a bit awkward because I know I'm supposed to feel a little insulted, yet I'm not.
It's like I feel bound by the conventions of rivalry to acknowledge their lame smack talk by pretending to be hurt by it.

I feel the same way about the St Merge and choke 'taunts'.
I'm supposed to be offended but I can't quite manage it anymore.
The St Merge stuff was always lame (mostly because I'm quite proud of the history that St George and Illawarra have together) but the choke stuff used to annoy (mostly because I felt we were more often a second rate team being beaten by first rate teams rather than choking).
Now that we've broken that losing streak it's just like I can't muster enough emotion to be offended anymore.

So 'choke' away all you 'merge' haters. I'll always have the 2010 GF on DVD.

Rodent

Bench
Well said. I wonder if the Tigers bow out tomorrow night, will that be a choke. You know, they are hot favourites and they lost in the corresponding match last year.
Of course it's not a choke. A choke is when you miss a goal you'd normally get ala Jarrod Choker.

thommo4pm

Coach
Well said. I wonder if the Tigers bow out tomorrow night, will that be a choke. You know, they are hot favourites and they lost in the corresponding match last year.
Of course it's not a choke. A choke is when you miss a goal you'd normally get ala Jarrod Choker.

They won this match last year against Canberra.

No loss in a finals match by any team is a choke.
Every team is in the finals due to being a quality side, and now we have the best 6 left. Any of these 6 sides when in form, and fully fit can beat the other 5 teams.

It's only brain dead people who really know next to nothing about the game who keep going on about "chokes".

Snappy

Coach

But then Choke was reborn in round 21 against Lol@Souffs, after being concieved the previous week against the Faiders.

But ok, we'll stop saying choke because you said too.

InThatNumber

Juniors
But then Choke was reborn in round 21 against Lol@Souffs, after being concieved the previous week against the Faiders.

But ok, we'll stop saying choke because you said too.
We just wanted to be like the Broncos who also failed against Souths this year.... was that a choke?

Latest posts