What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cleanout list

Bazal

Post Whore
Dude....Get over Tim. He may come back in the future, but in all likelihood his condition has put paid to his talent. Even if he came back to an NRL club he'd need at least a year of fitness, conditioning, and intensive counselling. What club is going to take that risk? I wouldn't be against it but it simply won't happen. Move on

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Dude....Get over Tim. He may come back in the future, but in all likelihood his condition has put paid to his talent. Even if he came back to an NRL club he'd need at least a year of fitness, conditioning, and intensive counselling. What club is going to take that risk? I wouldn't be against it but it simply won't happen. Move on
I'll move on when we sign a halfback who has the talent he has and can guide us around the park and take us to the finals like tim did.

caylo

Bench
Id be making a play for Nathen Fein or Matthew Head, We just need some direction there, while Mateo and Keating will become great players for us i dont think they're organisers.

Yes that why I think Mortimer has to be elevated, our attack is sh*t. We are camped on the brizzy line with no structure.
Let Mateo and Keating play the same role, just throw Mortimer in there get some depth in there and he can slowly develop and take control.

Burt
Etu
Hayne
Inu
Reddy
Keating
Mortimer
Cayless
Keating
Moimoi
Hindmarsh
Paulo (bring him straight up)
Mateo

Galovou
Hauraki
Mannah
Latimore

Bazal

Post Whore
Why can't people understand that Mortimer is not ready? He's not even dominating at NYC level and people expect he'll cure our ills at first grade level? Keating has shown more at first grade level in these past two weeks than Mortimer has at NYC level all year IMO

lucablight

First Grade
Tims kicking game was brilliant, his short kicking game was the best, created alot of tries for burt and always managed to get the team repeat sets with it, and the cross field kicks of his were spot on.

You are right. People have such short memories.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My memories of Timmy are still pretty good, he left us early last season because he couldn't hack footy. Gets paid out in full and then signs a deal in England. Had talent but no brains.

Jodeci

Bench
im not mate... did you see him tonight?

he got stood up several times, He is also a very lazy player!.... i know you have his picture on your posting but it time to realise the facts!!!!

Even Parra fans in stands were saying it!!!!

Im sure you will come to realise it very soon!

Wake up to yourself champ

lingard

Coach
Hindy
KK
Grothe
Reddy
Mateo
Fuifui
Mannah

Hindmarsh
Kris Keating
Matt Keating
Reddy
Mateo
Fui Fui (he`s totally proved me wrong!)
Tim Mannah

Tauti showed me some glimpses of attack which makes me think we should observe him for the rest of the year.

Young Uaisele looks very promising.
I`d like to give Inu another chance when our team is a little more stable.

Cayless has had a real go these last two games, but he`s definitely past his prime.

lingard

Coach
KK is a better 5/8 we have no options in attack, last play options are pretty poor to. Tim to the rescue

I think you`re right about Kris Keating. I think he would be even better at five-eight. I`d like to see either Jeff Robson at half for most of this year, or gradually bring Mortimer up. I think Robson will be used until two-thirds of the way through the season, and then Mortimer will be given a little taste.

lingard

Coach
We are so far off the top teams it isn't funny. Lowrie his first 3 touches were knock ons,penalty's or missed tackles. Hauraki runs ok but is just a terrible defender. Smith isn't a backrowers arsehole, and he is to slow for the centres, Tautai looks a prospect for the backrow, Robson is not a first grader, and Caylo has seen better days. I think Strider summed it up best who is actually first grade standard

Hindy
Mateo
Hayne
Reddy
Fui
KK
M Keating
Grothe

Mannah and Wright are good prospects, if they don't want to much i'd keep them, same as Joey G. The rest Meh....

I know Jeff Robson is only here as a stop-gap for this year; and that`s fair enough. I don`t see him as any long or medium solution, either. But can someone please explain why people repeatedy say the he is 'not a first-grader'? I can`t see that he`s done anything wrong at all. In fact I like his effort. He seems to have a common-sense approach, and doesn`t seem over-awed. Could someone please explain?

caylo

Bench
Why can't people understand that Mortimer is not ready? He's not even dominating at NYC level and people expect he'll cure our ills at first grade level? Keating has shown more at first grade level in these past two weeks than Mortimer has at NYC level all year IMO

Is a halfback ever ready... other than tim smith I have never seen a easy transition from Reserves to First TBH. Prince took year, Thurston took years, Mullen and Pearce are still works in progress, Gower started at hooker... the list goes on.

Simple fact is that we are competing early in the games, but our inability to score (mainly due to shape IMO) is frustrating us. We improve, and start taking our chances then our defence will improve with confidence. At the moment Robsen, Keating are not first grade halfbacks. Keating is dangerous but he is a 5-8 and I'm sure of myself there. Him and Mateo can deal with most of the attacking plays to take the presure off mortimer, while he can talk to the players and organise the team.

Also Mortimore/Keating combination will give us a second dimention in attack and our kicking game IMO. You say his not ready, and I'll say we cant do any worse than what we have atm.

lingard

Coach
I'll move on when we sign a halfback who has the talent he has and can guide us around the park and take us to the finals like tim did.

Well, we`re getting there, mate. Give Kris Keating a go. Stop looking in the rear-vision mirror, and give Keating some credit.

lingard

Coach
Oh; last thing. If people don`t stop this Tim Smith garbage, I`m going to start talking up the chances of Ken Thornett coming back to the club - because it`s just as likely to happen as Smith coming back.
You know, Thornett was a better taker of bombs than Burt; better kick returner than Hayne; tougher than both of them; chimed into the back-line superbly; won Parramatta many games single-handedly; played for Australia. Mmm.... I wonder how much he`d want for a three-year deal?

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Kingston hasnt played FG yet how do you know he is a waste of money.?

will he be the next michael ennis/danny buderus?

highly unlikely mate. it's a waste of money coz we didn't need a hooker, why promote anthony mitchell to the top squad in the 1st place?

every dollar under the cap counts atm

caylo

Bench
Lingard Keating has shown class.. alot of it, but he is a 5-8 and not a halfback. Thurston took time become a complete halfback after playing 5-8 his whole life, and Keating will take just as much time. I think keating would be better suited at 5-8, where he can run the ball and use his support play more often rather thanh have to set run the team. Mateo is good for moments of brilance but he is no 5-8 and should be at lock but get more invoved in attak when there.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Well, we`re getting there, mate. Give Kris Keating a go. Stop looking in the rear-vision mirror, and give Keating some credit.
Hey, dont get me wrong im loving what kk is offereing to the team, has been awesome for us, i just think he is better suited to play in the 6 because of his running game, he has a good all round game but will be better suited at 5/8 if we have a good solid halfback and we need a halfback with the great passing and kicking game.........one name springs to mind