What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Development

Quigs

Immortal
The Emu Park IGA is awesome particularly during Origin and Footy Time. It is so heartening to be told by all the wonderful staff to 'go and get' .... it just makes my heart flutter.

It is the only supermarket in paradise.
fdc0479e9267ca8eb7344667482c63c0

Hey .... and last Monday the Council voted down a far-can greedy developers application to build a 6 storey High Rise in our beautiful town. Sent him farcan packing. The Greedy Prick.

7527a0db52480c46a248747a0b9949aa

(Residents who oppose the plans say the height exceeds local planning regulations. )

"We" ain't got us no high rise in town and the people did speak.

I went to the Council Meeting last monday for the hearing of this decision and during discussions and questions it came to note that there were FIVE other EP multi storey building applications already in the system and probably awaiting this decisions outcome. They were all along the street where you can see the pine trees on the beach front. (see pic above) Fhurhuck em.

From the Local ABC Capricornia....

Livingstone Shire Council has voted against a proposed apartment and retail complex on the corner of Pattison and Granville Streets in Emu Park.

Earlier this month the council received revised plans reducing the height of the building from seven to six storeys and reducing the number of units from 49 to 42.

There were 195 submissions for the proposal, with only a handful of those in support of it.

In a council meeting this morning, two councillors voted in favour, and four voted against.

Read the original story about the proposed development here
: https://ab.co/3sceyAo

Shark67

Juniors
Money has been allocated in the NSW budget for sports, however I can’t see any specifics. It mentions non government organization grants to be bid for and announced in November? Anyone else had a look?

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Money has been allocated in the NSW budget for sports, however I can’t see any specifics. It mentions non government organization grants to be bid for and announced in November? Anyone else had a look?
Dom said nothing to be announced yet. To be done when Mr PVL is back in Aus.

The Emu Park IGA is awesome particularly during Origin and Footy Time. It is so heartening to be told by all the wonderful staff to 'go and get' .... it just makes my heart flutter.

It is the only supermarket in paradise.
fdc0479e9267ca8eb7344667482c63c0

Hey .... and last Monday the Council voted down a far-can greedy developers application to build a 6 storey High Rise in our beautiful town. Sent him farcan packing. The Greedy Prick.

7527a0db52480c46a248747a0b9949aa

(Residents who oppose the plans say the height exceeds local planning regulations. )

"We" ain't got us no high rise in town and the people did speak.

I went to the Council Meeting last monday for the hearing of this decision and during discussions and questions it came to note that there were FIVE other EP multi storey building applications already in the system and probably awaiting this decisions outcome. They were all along the street where you can see the pine trees on the beach front. (see pic above) Fhurhuck em.

From the Local ABC Capricornia....

Livingstone Shire Council has voted against a proposed apartment and retail complex on the corner of Pattison and Granville Streets in Emu Park.

Earlier this month the council received revised plans reducing the height of the building from seven to six storeys and reducing the number of units from 49 to 42.

There were 195 submissions for the proposal, with only a handful of those in support of it.

In a council meeting this morning, two councillors voted in favour, and four voted against.

Read the original story about the proposed development here
: https://ab.co/3sceyAo

Wow what a great spot for some windmills.

Someone should drop a line to Albo to give him the heads up for such a great location.

Plenty of room for some solar panels on the ground too!

What a headline. “Emu Park saving the planet! “

Quigs

Immortal
Got me them thar Solar Panels on the roof zonks ago. Love me 44c tariff locked in for 20 years I believe.

We Parkies do set a fine example DS.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Any one hearing something about this recently ? Couple of rumours floating around that we could be at the SFS for a few years whilst they do the works?

I for one wouldn't be against it, better than that shit hole Kogarah and knowing we have an upgraded stadium to come back to eventually also. Looks like its going to be a cracking stadium.

obviously the lazy fans wont bother going.

Generalzod

Immortal
Any one hearing something about this recently ? Couple of rumours floating around that we could be at the SFS for a few years whilst they do the works?

I for one wouldn't be against it, better than that shit hole Kogarah and knowing we have an upgraded stadium to come back to eventually also. Looks like its going to be a cracking stadium.

obviously the lazy fans wont bother going.
Its not that far to get there but parking is attrocious.

Special K

Coach
I would be more inclined to go to the SFS given the new stadium etc. In saying that I probably would go more often to Kog again just because it is closer.

Can't believe we have to move again so soon.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I would be more inclined to go to the SFS given the new stadium etc. In saying that I probably would go more often to Kog again just because it is closer.

Can't believe we have to move again so soon.
Yeah not great for memberships or the fan base in general. I get the timing couldn’t be the same as the development but reality is we are looking at another full year away at least.

Latest posts