What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Downward Spiral

tumbidragon

First Grade
Not tru, but we offered Jennings, cronk and bellamy big bucks..... Im telling you is the Wollongong factor..... We are not seen as a Sydney club anymore.
How is it not true? Even if money was not the lure, Robinson certainly was not either. Considering there was a "hand shake deal" over a year ago. Well before Trent's name was grumbled as head coach.

Johnny-b-Goode

Juniors
How is it not true? Even if money was not the lure, Robinson certainly was not either. Considering there was a "hand shake deal" over a year ago. Well before Trent's name was grumbled as head coach.

Good point! I don't see price as the reason why we didn't get the big name.. Although we did sign to NZ internationals in the off season ..

saints4ever

First Grade
Many factors come in to it. Coach is def one and a big one. Money and family reasons. For example, why would anyone play for the sharks? Dirt poor, always struggling to make the finals except once in a blue moon. Yet they manage a decent spending spree to play under flanagan. I'm told he's a pretty good coach, but enough to be a deciding factor in relocating? Possible but doubtful

Mr Red

First Grade
Roosters coach Trent is younger than Price and just got SBW, and Jennings, and Donnelly, and madge at souffs is a couple years older.... All ok to play under a young coach, Price being young has nothing to do with it.

two things:
1. both coaches you have mentioned have super league experience. i think all young coaches shoud go to superleague to learn the trade prior to attempting to coach NRL. Super league seems to be a good place to learn the trade. Had Browny coached superleague prior to NRL perhaps he might have turned out better.

2. i really doubt the chooks coach had anythign to do with luring players to the club.. Nick Politis and his "brown paper bag" deals are more likely the reasons.

Godz Illa

Coach
This forum is an untapped psychological research source. Wonder if the Admin have considered cashing in and selling access rights off to various mental health studies? Gold mine.

karuah6

Juniors
At times I have asked someone to qualify their criticism by offering an alternative, but I don't think I have ever criticised anyone for not being an expert!

Who was criticising, I only asked what expertise he had in relation to the statements he made. I doubt that is a crime:roll::roll::roll:

redbreed

Juniors
At times I have asked someone to qualify their criticism by offering an alternative, but I don't think I have ever criticised anyone for not being an expert!

Its just a forum for supporters to blow off steam or get other members opinions. Sometimes people read posts and think, no that's crazy I don't agree, they don't have to have a solution to your post before they make comments.

I've read most of your posts and some I agree with and others I don't. Keep up the passion mate that's why we are here.

Last edited:

Twenty10

Juniors
Roosters coach Trent is younger than Price and just got SBW, and Jennings, and Donnelly, and madge at souffs is a couple years older.... All ok to play under a young coach, Price being young has nothing to do with it.

That's ridiculous. It's a huge factor. The roosters coach went overseas and applied his trade. He also doesn't have a "long history" with players since they were young. There also isn't a group of "senior players" that think they run the club.

Comparing chalk and cheese. And please... They went to roosters because if money and lifestyle. Who the f**k wants to move to Wollongong??? And play under price? Um.......
Anybody???

Saintsified

Bench
That's ridiculous. It's a huge factor. The roosters coach went overseas and applied his trade. He also doesn't have a "long history" with players since they were young. There also isn't a group of "senior players" that think they run the club.

Comparing chalk and cheese. And please... They went to roosters because if money and lifestyle. Who the f**k wants to move to Wollongong??? And play under price? Um.......
Anybody???

Trent came back to the chooks.

Its funny SBW a full blown wanker who pissed on the NRL and buggered off to do his own thing then you have Jennings another wanker who caused nothing but problems at the Panthers who where glad to get rid of him bit of a coincidence.

Add them to a team that has JWH, Friend and Pearce what do you know alot of total dick heads at the one club hmm who also over pay sure makes sense to go there.

Bondi good choice for places to live over priced, yuppie wanks who think their shit don't stink I sure as hell like the sound of that.

No dick head policy might be a bit of a factor at the Dragons to unless they are willing to reform.

Breathingfire

Juniors
Yeah the Roosters are f**ked. Imagine going to a training session with all those tattooed smack talking wankers...yuk!

Mr Red

First Grade
Not tru, but we offered Jennings, cronk and bellamy big bucks..... Im telling you is the Wollongong factor..... We are not seen as a Sydney club anymore.

i think the training setup having to travel to the gong now and then isnt appealing to players..
good players dont need to have that hassle to earn good money.

we need to pay overs at the moment unfortunately .. unless we get a coach that players WANT to play for to enhance their careers and have a chance to win a comp...only then will the travel be acceptable

If players won't travel to train then they are piss weak wankers who don't deserve to play for the Dragons.

They get paid good money and if thats part of the deal then you accept it alot of players live in other areas and travel to train at other clubs.

This not wanting to live in Wollongong another misconception its all about Doust and Young and the way they deal with player managers and the coach being new to the scene as an unknown.

Minh

First Grade
To be honest Wollongong is so beautiful no doubt, but it can be a little quiet and the young fellas in the league may not be so excited about this aspect. They probably prefer the fast pace and activities of Sydney, just a presumption. For me I live in Sydney but love going to the Wollongong areas for day trips.

rainman44

Bench
If players won't travel to train then they are piss weak wankers who don't deserve to play for the Dragons.

They get paid good money and if thats part of the deal then you accept it alot of players live in other areas and travel to train at other clubs.

This not wanting to live in Wollongong another misconception its all about Doust and Young and the way they deal with player managers and the coach being new to the scene as an unknown.
They dont have to live in the gong, lots of people drive a hour to get to work.

Latest posts