What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Easts Merry Go Round...

Kaz

junior
Holla if ya hear me said:
IBEME-Thank you-Its spot on what you said
Financial worries-We dont have any at the moment cause the soccer is now paying the bills

OMG: What an joke, next you will be asking a Rugby Union club for a loan.

They have already borrowed money from a club that went belly up in the NRL. :lol:

The Jockey club got sucked in & they gave.

Its in the works to arrange some agreement with clubs in the area and the Knights will always have functions to attend at various sponsor clubs around town but the loan is always paid of at the start of the season anywhoo

Why not hold a telethon each year to save the embarrassment of door knocking clubs.

Hang on call the Salvo's they raise heaps for the needy. :?

Just buy a few dozen buckets & collect the money that the club needs for 2005 at your home games next year.

melon....

Coach
ibeme said:
t-ba the hutt said:
Huh?

So you'd rather 150 not earning 50,000 a year chasing their dreams as opposed to Craig wing and Trent Barrett garnering seven figures?

He fails to recognise that those 150 players might become the Craig Wings of the future, and to deny them that opportunity now, is to deny rugby league it's best possible future.
If those players are Craig Wings...and league doesnt pay them accordingly, they will become Johnny Wilkinsons.

El Diablo

Post Whore
melon.... said:
ibeme said:
t-ba the hutt said:
Huh?

So you'd rather 150 not earning 50,000 a year chasing their dreams as opposed to Craig wing and Trent Barrett garnering seven figures?

He fails to recognise that those 150 players might become the Craig Wings of the future, and to deny them that opportunity now, is to deny rugby league it's best possible future.
If those players are Craig Wings...and league doesnt pay them accordingly, they will become Johnny Wilkinsons.
All Wilkinson can do is kick. He's a nothing.

Kaz said:
IBEME-Thank you-Its spot on what you said
Financial worries-We dont have any at the moment cause the soccer is now paying the bills

OMG: What an joke, next you will be asking a Rugby Union club for a loan.

They have already borrowed money from a club that went belly up in the NRL. :lol:

The Jockey club got sucked in & they gave.

Its in the works to arrange some agreement with clubs in the area and the Knights will always have functions to attend at various sponsor clubs around town but the loan is always paid of at the start of the season anywhoo

Why not hold a telethon each year to save the embarrassment of door knocking clubs.

Hang on call the Salvo's they raise heaps for the needy. :?

Just buy a few dozen buckets & collect the money that the club needs for 2005 at your home games next year.
Dry...very dry
The newcastle soccer team is paying the bills cause they now use the stadium
And why go cap in hand when we dont need to.The jockey club makes a tidy profit off the loan

melon....

Coach
Big Panther Cool said:
ibeme said:
melon.... said:
This makes me absolutely laugh.

The way some un-informed and definitely uneducated know-it-alls jump on the Easts Merry Go Round.

Firstly they say Easts are destroying the game, and when thats rebutted successfully...

They say Easts have no juniors and when that rebutted successfully....

They say we are killing off poorer clubs, and when thats rebutted successfully.....

They say we dont develop and only buy superstars developed from other teams, and when thats rebutted successfully.....

They say we are killing the game...and so on and so on.

Obviously people on this site LOVE getting the arses kicked from pilar to post!!!

BRING IT!!!

Go EASTS!!!! ONWARDs and UPWARDS!!! Are we arrogant!! Fantastic!! Are we selfish!! HELL YES!!! EVERY CLUB IS!!!

Are we acting illegally?? Lots of f**king Laughs!!!!

Welcome to the arse kicking Roosters Merry Go Round...enjoy your ride.

Measuring success is obviously in the eye of the beholder.

Anyone can claim success, but that doesn't mean they were successful.

Spot on ibeme.

Some of these roosters fans have claimed to be so successful this year, being the best team, benchmark team, 20000 players in the kangaroo test squad, etc, etc...........Yet look at their trophy cabinet for 2003 - do I hear an echo in there?????

Let's see you rebutt THAT melon............................

Just read this thread and others like it melon..................you have NO SUPPORT, apart from a few of your fellow supporters who are obviously sharing the same brain & life support system with you.

Go and run your own league. You and other like-minded supporters obviously like the idea of "playing with yourselves" anyway!! :lol: :lol:
Its easily rebutted. If you measure success by trophies alone, then we are by far more successful than Penrith to the tune of 6:1. Why count 2003 only? Lets count 2002, 75, 74...!!! But Im not like you.

I measure a successful club by how it has endured. Easts has been there from day 1 matey. No one else has. Easts hold a proud tradition that includes various records. Highest winning margin in a Grand Final. Highest pointscorer in a game, most 1st Grade Victories and the list goes on.

But I also look at the way they conduct themselves in the league. Their professionalism is second to none. Their training and coaching regime second to none. The ability to take unwanted fringe players and turn them into regular Ist Graders and Internationals. Their ability to improve over the years to the force thay are today, appearing in 3 out of the last 4 Grand Finals...they are the benchmark of the new millenium to date. After having their junior areas stripped from them by Souths in the 50s...thats right 50 years of only 4 local juniors whilst Souths rape and pillage clubs like Coogee and Randwick that are Geocentric and synonimous with Eastern Suburbs, and still manage to produce junior talent from their limited resources. This is success. But wait there's more...a real relevant factor. They can pay their bills. They dont need to borrow money to pay their players. They dont need chook raffles, they dont need marches down Sydney's streets. They attract Big Sponsorship for a reason...they are a Marketting force, a true professional outfit and value for the sponsors dollar.

They have proven their loyalty to the League. Even now Penrith fans amongst other forget to soon that their clubs broke away to start a rebel competition for their own gains. Yet now you condemn Easts for looking after their own interests, as anyone else in their positin would.

Mate KEEP ON BRINGING THEM!! The more you doubt I can rebut your ridiculous factless and baseless comments, the more I can turn you inside out and upside down with data.

I cant wait until Round 4, when the Roosters put the cats in their places, and prove 2003 was a fluke.

Easts to Win!!!

melon.... said:
Its easily rebutted. If you measure success by trophies alone, then we are by far more successful than Penrith to the tune of 6:1. Why count 2003 only? Lets count 2002, 75, 74...!!! But Im not like you.

I measure a successful club by how it has endured. Easts has been there from day 1 matey. No one else has. Easts hold a proud tradition that includes various records. Highest winning margin in a Grand Final. Highest pointscorer in a game, most 1st Grade Victories and the list goes on.

But I also look at the way they conduct themselves in the league. Their professionalism is second to none. Their training and coaching regime second to none. The ability to take unwanted fringe players and turn them into regular Ist Graders and Internationals. Their ability to improve over the years to the force thay are today, appearing in 3 out of the last 4 Grand Finals...they are the benchmark of the new millenium to date. After having their junior areas stripped from them by Souths in the 50s...thats right 50 years of only 4 local juniors whilst Souths rape and pillage clubs like Coogee and Randwick that are Geocentric and synonimous with Eastern Suburbs, and still manage to produce junior talent from their limited resources. This is success. But wait there's more...a real relevant factor. They can pay their bills. They dont need to borrow money to pay their players. They dont need chook raffles, they dont need marches down Sydney's streets. They attract Big Sponsorship for a reason...they are a Marketting force, a true professional outfit and value for the sponsors dollar.

They have proven their loyalty to the League. Even now Penrith fans amongst other forget to soon that their clubs broke away to start a rebel competition for their own gains. Yet now you condemn Easts for looking after their own interests, as anyone else in their positin would.

Mate KEEP ON BRINGING THEM!! The more you doubt I can rebut your ridiculous factless and baseless comments, the more I can turn you inside out and upside down with data.

I cant wait until Round 4, when the Roosters put the cats in their places, and prove 2003 was a fluke.

Easts to Win!!!

Well you should show something for 95 years in the competition. Considering you started almost 60 years before Penrith, you should have more successes. Considering you've been there for 95 years, you should have accumulated a lot of victories.

And keep remembering that the team you were referring to and belittling in your 3rd paragraph has still won more grand finals than you. They have more to show for it than you did. Let's see what kind of public support you would generate with your attacks on the NRL. Judging by the vast majority of the posters here, not much apart from Rooster "Fountain of Mis-Information" Cogburn, Renowned League Fraud, and your other rooster buddies. Proving their loyalty to the league??? Now they want to bite their hand with this threat of legal action??? Don't give me that bulldust.

With your last line about 'ridiculous factless and baseless comments' - you're now saying that Penrith didn't win the Minor Premiership in 2003, or the NRL Premiership in 2003?? If you read my first paragraph, I was saying that you don't have anything to show for 2003. Penrith has.

You keep on referring to "Easts" being there from day one. Who in the blue hell are "Easts"????? I thought you were known as the sydney roosters. "Easts" no longer exists except in the form of a leagues club. In other words, there IS NO EASTS!! If your club is so proud of it's tradition, why change it's name??

You blab on about this and that in your 3rd paragraph about professionalism, training and coaching regime, etc...blah blah blah. Gee that professionalism and coaching didn't help them much in Grand Final 2003 did it??? :roll:

And here's a quick fact for you. Try and disregard this one.......

PENRITH PANTHERS 18 - sydney roosters 6. The biggest losing margin for the roosters this year, but in the GAME THAT COUNTS - GRAND FINAL 2003?? How embarrassing :oops: :oops: Oh and by the way, that's Penrith's biggest winning margin in a Grand Final!!! All at the expense of your so-called "professional outfit".. :roll: :lol:

Dougie

Juniors
the_knights_rule said:
but can i just ask you one thing. if the roosters werent one of the rich clubs and another team for example. the panthers were threatening to do what your team is doing, would you be suppourting it?

the answer to that is a big HELL YES! plain and simple, the salary cap is a restraint of trade, and is illegal under the Trade Practices Act, the fact that they have gotten away with it for so long is the amazing thing as far as im concerned. The one grey area is what will happen IF the Roosters do challenge the Cap in court, and IF they do win, what will happen afterwards? Will the NRL have to backpay the fine that they imposed on the Bulldogs (as the cap was illegal, and they would have had no cause to fine the bulldogs) and will the Bulldogs in turn sue the NRL, afterall, they have lost a lot of players this past year because of the cap...

thats not even mentioning its effect on sport in Australia - the AFL would also have to get rid of their cap as well......

Dougie said:
the_knights_rule said:
but can i just ask you one thing. if the roosters werent one of the rich clubs and another team for example. the panthers were threatening to do what your team is doing, would you be suppourting it?

the answer to that is a big HELL YES! plain and simple, the salary cap is a restraint of trade, and is illegal under the Trade Practices Act, the fact that they have gotten away with it for so long is the amazing thing as far as im concerned. The one grey area is what will happen IF the Roosters do challenge the Cap in court, and IF they do win, what will happen afterwards? Will the NRL have to backpay the fine that they imposed on the Bulldogs (as the cap was illegal, and they would have had no cause to fine the bulldogs) and will the Bulldogs in turn sue the NRL, afterall, they have lost a lot of players this past year because of the cap...

thats not even mentioning its effect on sport in Australia - the AFL would also have to get rid of their cap as well......

Mate, a few holes there.

1. It hasn't been challenged in court yet and Easts have agreements with the NRL as part of their conditions of playing in the NRL that may affect the decision.

2. The AFL don't have to do anything, their teams and players are rock solid behind the draft and the salary cap. It's our game where they aren't.

3. The Bulldogs accepted the Umpire's decision and more power to them for doing that. They could have challenged it in court too but they realised the ramification for our game. Unlike those arrogant prats from Bondi Junction.

The simple fact is that 14 of 15 teams are in favour of the cap and keeping the status quo. 1 out of 15 isn't.

Do the math.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
First off who is Easts?????
Secondly - never bite the hand that feeds you. No NRL licence no Sydney City Roosters - This could also be a result of it all.

Taiwan RL fan

Juniors
Melon

Are you seriously suggesting that the ideal business model for a sports club is to rely on the largesse of a few individuals (eg Packer)?
The solution for the poorer clubs is to get a sugar daddy?

Also, how much will Western Union pay to sponsor you when there is no opposition?

t-ba

Post Whore
They gave western Union the boot for a higher bidder. After no one offered a major sponsorship for 2002, Western Union stepped in with a rather healthy 2 year deal. now that the roosters have higher bidders, they scrapped Western Union. Western Union is absolutely filthy and by the looks of it won't be in anyway associated with the roosters in 2004...

They've now moved into cricket, which makes much more sense, considering the number of Indians sending cash home compared to Englishmen and Pacific Islanders...

melon....

Coach
t-ba the hutt said:
They gave western Union the boot for a higher bidder. After no one offered a major sponsorship for 2002, Western Union stepped in with a rather healthy 2 year deal. now that the roosters have higher bidders, they scrapped Western Union. Western Union is absolutely filthy and by the looks of it won't be in anyway associated with the roosters in 2004...

They've now moved into cricket, which makes much more sense, considering the number of Indians sending cash home compared to Englishmen and Pacific Islanders...
Where do you get yoyur info from you dickhead!!! Im a local business sponsor and let me tell you, Western Union signed a 2 year deal and have just signed on for another seaosn as a minor shorts sponsor to everyones favouyr. Western Union and Eastern Suburbs Football club are very close and have an excellent relationship you dipshit!!!

melon....

Coach
Taiwan RL fan said:
Melon

Are you seriously suggesting that the ideal business model for a sports club is to rely on the largesse of a few individuals (eg Packer)?
The solution for the poorer clubs is to get a sugar daddy?

Also, how much will Western Union pay to sponsor you when there is no opposition?
You do what you can to raise the funds...wheather that be a Packer, a small company or f**king Microsoft. Yu do what you must. Newcastle have to borrow money to get them through the off seaosn according to Antonius....should any club be in that situation...WAKE UP TO YOURSELVES AND STOP STICKING UP FOR CLUBS WHO ARE RUINING THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY CANT MANAGE THEMSELVES. BETTER STILL STOP BLAMING EASTS FOR THESE CLUBS FAILURES....Wakey Wakey you sleepwalkers snap out of it dreamers!!....NEXT!!!

As fo Western Union...LOL!! They ARE still Easts Sponsors!! Just not Main Jersey Sponsors.

Melon, these blokes are just dreamers, no dash in 'em. They're losers, just like the clubs they "support"!

Mediocrity can never know anything higher than itself, i think the author of Tarzan once wrote ... So true!

Melon, you make sense with what your argument is at times. Even though I think you've lost your marbles, I still understand what you're saying so you get grudging respect.

But you really don't need a lap dog do you?

RLE

Renownwed Lapdog for Easts.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Renowned League Expert said:
Melon, these blokes are just dreamers, no dash in 'em. They're losers, just like the clubs they "support"!

Mediocrity can never know anything higher than itself, i think the author of Tarzan once wrote ... So true!

Frig me buy a Penrith Junior and all of a sudden your team is invincible.
Renowned League history re-writer. How quickly we forget the mediocrity of your own team for many years.

Mate it is blokes like you that make the rest of the league world hate your team. I have respect for your team, it's administration, but some of your supporters just go too far.
I now cannot wait for Freddie the legend to retire and for you guys to rely on Finch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Feel free to take pot shots at my team - I am going at your supporters not your team.

Mr Angry said:

Mate it is blokes like you that make the rest of the league world hate your team.

What you fail to realise, fool, is that it doesn't bother us one little bit whether you hate us or not.

Either stop us, or shut up! Somehow, I suspect you're all talk!

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mr Angry said:

Mate it is blokes like you that make the rest of the league world hate your team.

What you fail to realise, fool, is that it doesn't bother us one little bit whether you hate us or not.

Either stop us, or shut up! Somehow, I suspect you're all talk!

We'll find out who's all talk now the NRL have called bluff ;-)