What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The end of the road for 2013?

TheRev

First Grade
Holy crap!!!! Can I hire you to do some research for me?
Haha great research! Definitely the makings of a great private investigator.

For me its just de ja vu of this time last year, this year though more people are starting to realise its not a slump, its a style of football.

Some Credit to Doust though for finally making some signings, just a shame the halfback has eluded him, the longer it goes on the more we may aswell just forget it and sign who we really want for 2014.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Our current 4 from 11 places us at a 33% winning ratio and a steady declining. Loose to the Dogs next Friday and we will on 25%. Very hard road back from there, but doable (heart, not head thinking, of course).

HowHigh

Coach
Well that now makes us 4 from 11, with a 36% winning record. Tonight's game was critical to any expectation of a resurgence this year. So are we finally going to blood the likes of Quinlan, Drinkwater et al, or simply soldier on with every confidence in Coach Price making the good calls?
I'd say so.
Sneaking into the 8 was the very best I thought we could do this year but doesn't look like we'll make the cut.
I would like to see us blooding some of the young up and comers. There's a few players that just aren't deserving of a first grade spot atm.
I actually appreciate the effort Fien puts in but unfortunately it just isn't good enough.. time to give Drinkwater a chance. Soward just doesn't look interested any more.
We've basically got nothing to lose, let's try something different because whatever it is Price is doing atm isn't working..

Old_Timer

Juniors
.....For me its just de ja vu of this time last year, this year though more people are starting to realise its not a slump.......

Fascinating insights were they not? And a few have even rolled over.

What started as a first date with a tantalising good night kiss, has turned into bingo with the Mother in Law.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
An almost extinct species!
It was genuine question. Do you mean the club? If so, then what do you propose can be done about it?

Or is it forummers who didn't entirely agree with you? (I don't recall any fellow supporters declaring unconditional support for Price, just a few willing to give him a go while willing to question his methods). If so, well that's life, you'll always have different levels of agreeance and opinion - you'll have to get used to that.
Old_Timer said:
Got it, you can't hide your joy.

possm

Coach
If we could string some wins together ...

If! and if! and maybe if!
Oh Mr Price,
'If a picture paints a thousand words,
Then why can't I paint you?
The words will never show, the you I've come to know'.

If a game plan fails 100 times,
Then why not try again?
You know we'll never know, unless we try again.

Then one by one, the stars would go away,
Then you and Doust would simply fly away.

Oh Willow and Old Timer, takes me back to the good old days when Bread ruled and Changa, Hawthorne and Smith chimed so sweetly.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Good grief possm, you're a Bread fan? Are you singing?

Well at least our predictament has brought out your creative side.

Old_Timer

Juniors
It was genuine question. Do you mean the club? If so, then what do you propose can be done about it?

Or is it forummers who didn't entirely agree with you? (I don't recall any fellow supporters declaring unconditional support for Price, just a few willing to give him a go while willing to question his methods). If so, well that's life, you'll always have different levels of agreeance and opinion - you'll have to get used to that.
Got it, you can't hide your joy.

But, but, but, it was possm that posed the question Willow. Top post on page 4 of this thread.

As for the other, probably the latter. :D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I was hoping you might have some solutions young fella. Imagine my surprise.

Price is more qualified than Brown was when he took over. That is fact.
I'd like to know old timers view of what happened in the second half of 2011.
Was Bennett to blame?
Both he and Hasler are dealing with sides dishing up inconsistent results this year. Sack them too?

Old_Timer

Juniors
....Oh Willow and Old Timer, takes me back to the good old days when Bread ruled and Changa, Hawthorne and Smith chimed so sweetly.

Bread, oh yes that David Gates fellow. "If", to mild for me, "foxy lady, purple haze" now that is my thing. Well sort of. I still have my Andrews Sisters poster on me door. LOL. :)

Old_Timer

Juniors

Well your fact is my non perception Drain.

True we went through a lean period in the latter half of the season, but finished strongly.

Was Bennett to blame?
Absolutely. To much wasted time grooming his successor.

Both he and Hasler are dealing with sides dishing up inconsistent results this year. Sack them too?

But compared to ours that are bastions of ....... :)

dragonv

Juniors
Was Bennett to blame?

What happened in the 2nd half of 2011 was a hell of a lot more promising than the start of 2013.