What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ESL

Ryan

Juniors
I know this has been discussed to death, but with Kimmorley / Ross all of a sudden being approached by "scouts" from the UK, it just firms up with me what a backwater, useless, pathetic competition they run over there. It also re-instates why they will always be an International Rugby League whimp.

Seriously, instead of spending heaps of $$$ flying to Australia, and pilferring all our decent players like a scab that won't tear from the skin, how about investing in some British youth, and developing THEM to improve their countries League talent?

They are so intent in garnishing any Australian player pool offal, they forget to manage their own backyards. With the Aust. dollar on the improve, I would love one day for it not to be viable for our players to retire over there.

Their piss weak competition would then crumble, as the flow of Australian talent has sustained their pitiful existence for the past decade. The reason for this? They spend more bludging from us, than they do developing their own children, and for that, and I repeat, it is probably the most embarrassing competition in the world over there.:crazy:

juneauquan

Juniors
I know this has been discussed to death, but with Kimmorley / Ross all of a sudden being approached by "scouts" from the UK, it just firms up with me what a backwater, useless, pathetic competition they run over there. It also re-instates why they will always be an International Rugby League whimp.

Seriously, instead of spending heaps of $$$ flying to Australia, and pilferring all our decent players like a scab that won't tear from the skin, how about investing in some British youth, and developing THEM to improve their countries League talent?

They are so intent in garnishing any Australian player pool offal, they forget to manage their own backyards. With the Aust. dollar on the improve, I would love one day for it not to be viable for our players to retire over there.

Their piss weak competition would then crumble, as the flow of Australian talent has sustained their pitiful existence for the past decade. The reason for this? They spend more bludging from us, than they do developing their own children, and for that, and I repeat, it is probably the most embarrassing competition in the world over there.:crazy:

You sound like a moron of a Union journalist who said in 2000 that Rugby League would be dead in England within 5 years because of Rugby Union.

What has happened since then?

The ESL has grown, in terms of crowds and TV audiences, every year since.

This journalist then came out in 2005 or maybe it was 2006 retracting his comments.

A recent ESL game attracted over 400,000 TV viewers. Compare that to the most anticipated RU game of the year between Gloucester and Bath.

That game attracted less than 200,000 TV viewers.

So before you go sounding like an ignorant little moron maybe you want to STF up!

You sound like a moron of a Union journalist who said in 2000 that Rugby League would be dead in England within 5 years because of Rugby Union.

This journalist then came out in 2005 or maybe it was 2006 retracting his comments.

A recent ESL game attracted over 400,000 TV viewers. Compare that to the most anticipated RU game of the year between Gloucester and Bath.

So before you go sounding like an ignorant little moron maybe you want to STF up!

This might help www.heartfoundation.com.au

juneauquan

Juniors
Who even mentioned union? Lol...

He mentioned ESL is the most embarrassing competition in the world and that their piss weak competition would 'crumble' ... that sounds exactly like a Union reporter who said the ESL would fold under a threat of RU. Do you understand?

I just wanted point out a few facts that the ESL is growing every year and not in any danger of 'crumbling'

the sharks just signed toupou, was he a junior.

and ross is from saints and kimmorley orginally from newcastle

it seems its OK for cronulla to scab off other clubs eh?

juneauquan

Juniors
Oh! It must have been the way you got all worked up over it that led me astray. :p

But I didn't get 'all worked' up. This thread is a moronic thread and it needed to be said. Calling someone or something a moron doesn't mean you get 'all worked up' especially if it is the truth

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seriously, do you believe any of that bs?

I suppose you consider the English soccer premier league a joke as well given the number of overseas players playing in that comp? Any comp wants the best most attractive players in the world. Some can afford it, some can't. ps I presume you consider the number of Kiwis and islanders running around the NRL ok?

A few things you have to realise (as you clearly have no clue!). 1. Rl is a relatively minor sport in the UK so they don't have the playing numbers Australia has 2. Ask yourself where junior development in Australia would be with no pokies, then you will see why jnr English development is smaller 3. Despite being a much smaller comp than the NRL in terms of fans, viewers and players etc they can still generate as much money and therefore compete for the same players. Maybe if the NRL clubs got off their backsides and earnt some money they could put the salary cap up and we wouldn't be losing players?
4. The ESl is actively discouraging the signing of overseas players by reducing the allowed quota by one player every year for six years
5. The old "players going for an easy retirment" menatlity simply isn't true any more. Take a look at the age and calibre of players signed over the last two seasons in the ESl and you will see this is changing. When the reduced quota becomes greater it will mean even greater talented players will be targetted.

You really haven't a clue have you Ryan? Who needs RU when you have RL fans happy to run our sport down?

But I didn't get 'all worked' up. This thread is a moronic thread and it needed to be said. Calling someone or something a moron doesn't mean you get 'all worked up' especially if it is the truth

Some other signs of getting all worked up over nothing at all is :

a) making rash judgements of another poster as being moronic when you dont know the person and repeating it numerous times

b) continuing a thread for seemingly no purpose whatsoever

juneauquan

Juniors
Some other signs of getting all worked up over nothing at all is :

a) making rash judgements of another poster as being a potential heart attack/stroke victim when you dont know the person and repeating it numerous times

b) continuing a thread for seemingly no purpose whatsoever

Fixed.

Now, do you have that heartfoundation number handy because you might be needing it based on your own criteria

juneauquan

Juniors
Then maybe try getasenseofhumour.com.au instead.

Here is a starter kit for you > :lol:

Wow!

I suppose you need to visit getasenseofhumour.com.au too because you can't seem to understand that I was joking with you (I thought fixing your post and throwing it back into your face was a dead give away)

But then again

Your link getasenseofhumour.com.au doesn't work, so I suppose not

Ryan

Juniors

400,000 viewers? What the population of the UK and France combined? :)

Ryan

Juniors
the sharks just signed toupou, was he a junior.

and ross is from saints and kimmorley orginally from newcastle

it seems its OK for cronulla to scab off other clubs eh?

Australian money, Australian clubs & Australian Rugby League has developed and produced the talent. I have no problems with the players playing for whoever they want in its own system.

Wow!

I suppose you need to visit getasenseofhumour.com.au too because you can't seem to understand that I was joking with you (I thought fixing your post and throwing it back into your face was a dead give away)

Your link getasenseofhumour.com.au doesn't work, so I suppose not

Ive been laughing the whole time, but this bit where you now mistake my joke for a bona fide linked website is priceless. :lol: I deadset just fell off my chair.

But dont worry. Despite all the available evidence i wont be resorting to calling you a moron.

:D funny stuff !

Latest posts