What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Euro 2008 thread

Ridders

Coach
The scoreline flattered Spain big-time, if Russia's two posters would have gone in it would of been a totally different game.

The scoreline flattered Spain big-time, if Russia's two posters would have gone in it would of been a totally different game.

Had the poster off the free kick gone in it wouldnt have counted so you mean one. And had Villa been more clinical he would have had 5. Spain were always going to win. Their technical superiorty is incredible.

Last edited:

Dragooner

Bench
:lol: @ signing Villa. One hat-trick is all it takes for his price tag to now rocket up from that supposed 17 million, we can just forget about him now...more focussed on Nasri not playing too much football these EURO's.

After watching that game I'm not sure how Villa would do with the Gunners, as Weasel mentioned, he is superb at counter attacking play, but would he fill the void at Arsenal?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I think you'll find he has already signed with some one else (who have a Spanish manager) for around 25m (pounds)

You're either on to a very clever wind up or you're saying he's signing for Spurs :sarcasm:.

If Villa signs for Spurs I'll eat my hat, and it's a nice hat, I like it, don't wanna eat it though.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Keep forgetting Rijkaard is gone.

Personally, I doubt Valencia would do any sort of deal until after Euro, they'd be foolish if they did.

Dragooner

Bench
No players will, all rumours from here on in...

Ronaldo for 60 or 70 million pounds? And will it involve Ramos, Robinho and Diarra?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You're either on to a very clever wind up or you're saying he's signing for Spurs :sarcasm:.

If Villa signs for Spurs I'll eat my hat, and it's a nice hat, I like it, don't wanna eat it though.

its no wind up

its a very very very strong rumour from 3 sources within the club

not 1, not 2, but 3

however its still a rumour, take it for what it is

weasel

First Grade
I read in Spanish media awhile ago that he wasn't interested in going to Spurs after they made a bid for him. He's said he's happy to stay at Valencia if they want to hang on to him, and as has been noted, going into a major international tournament clubs aren't quick to sell players that could play big parts. Given that, I'm pretty sure he hasn't been sold yet. Although if he does leave my preference would be Barca or Spurs, tbh. Third, probably Chelsea.

Abz

Juniors
Deco actually scored against Czech lol. Never thought it would happen. Well... he's got Ronaldo on his team.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I read in Spanish media awhile ago that he wasn't interested in going to Spurs after they made a bid for him. He's said he's happy to stay at Valencia if they want to hang on to him, and as has been noted, going into a major international tournament clubs aren't quick to sell players that could play big parts. Given that, I'm pretty sure he hasn't been sold yet. Although if he does leave my preference would be Barca or Spurs, tbh. Third, probably Chelsea.

Valencia need the cash badly according to what I've read, he's up for sale and they are looking at replacing him with Milito at a considerable profit

I dont believe he has already signed (with Spurs) and I dont believe this sh*t about waiting till Euro is finished

he definately has a good relationship with Ramos, don't know if thats enough tho

if he signed with us I'd be bellowing it from the top of the highest building, I wouldn't be waiting

we've been talking to him for about a month, that is for certain, but I would say he (or Velancia) is waiting till after Euro to see if his value increases

Abz

Juniors
Is it really worth jumping the gun already? Villa had an awesome game, but let's keep in mind... it was only one game. What if he has a shocker for the rest of the tournament?