What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Euro 2008 thread

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Croats are absolute class, particularly Modric. What a buy. Spurs should be over the moon.

Mario Gomez doesn't look up to this level. Should play Klose and Podolski up front.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Croats are absolute class, particularly Modric. What a buy. Spurs should be over the moon.

Mario Gomez doesn't look up to this level. Should play Klose and Podolski up front.

yes we are

Youtube clips of him all over COYS (Spurs Forum) this morning

fish eel

Immortal
Germany's biggest problem is their defence, in particular their two centre backs who are both solid units but slow. They dont have any cover for them in the squad either, only Fredreich who s more at home on the right. It's why I said before the tournament I didnt think they'd win the thing. Great quality going forward, shaky at the back.

fish eel

Immortal
:lol: The boy sets up one, scores another and plays a part in the third and all you can do is say "how overrated is he?!"

What a joke, I bet if Luca Toni scored that sitter he should have against Holland you would be going crazy for him.

settle pettle we are just saying, or atleast I am, that his goal was good but not as great as was made out....

fish eel

Immortal

Gomez does appear out of sorts.

Stuttgart will be spewing as his value drops.

Kuranyi up front wit Klose.

Podolski on the left.

Schweinsteiger back in the team hotel.

fish eel

Immortal
Just finished watching the replay of germany croatia.

Despite the croats missing some big chances in the first half, germany werent to far away. A bit of tinkering should see them improve.

I'd put Freidrich at right back, switc Lahm to left. Jansen has had a shocker. The temptation would be to switch Lahm and put fritz at right back but Fritz will look to get forward, Freirich wont and the defence would be stronger.

Bring Tim Borowski in and play him on the right. Kuranyi in for Gomez. Or he may shift Podolski up frony and bring in Triochski (bad spelling) on the left - a very quick player who did well for HSV.

well ive got my azzuri jersey on and im ready for italy to send these romanians back to transylvania. i know ur with me hybrid!

italy got done by the ref. tonis goal should have stood, romania shouldnt of had that penalty, italy shouldve at least had 1 penalty if that romanian one was given

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Yet another masterful performance by the Dutch!

Sneijder,Robben,Van Der Vaart and Van Persie form the best attacking midfield in the comp.

sydraider

First Grade
So far there are only 3 teams in this tournament, Portugal, holladn and croatia. Lets see how those perennial spaniards go in their next match.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Possible Dutch side to play Romania:

Stekenlenburg, Melchiot, De Cler, Heitinga, Bouma, De Zeeuw, Engelaar, De Jong, Affelay, Huntelaar, Jan Vennegoor

Dragooner

Bench
The Dutch were in a league of their own going forward. They know eachother inside out, apart from one or two occasions off the break in that second half, but the wingers would always be there for the inside men, and the inside men would always be there for the wingers. And van Basten just completely out coached them. I'm sure Fozzie would have picked up on this in the wrap-up, but Sagnol looked the most dangerous player for the French (after Ribery) when getting forward. So van Basten brings on Robben, and before you know it the Dutch have it the lead...Robben with gobs of space, Sagnol caught forward. Therefore Sagnol must sit back more, meaning more focus in attack up the middle of the park, yet Domenech was obviously in no mood to take off Toulalan or Makelele for Nasri (which was the obvious change!) in fear of being struck by the Dutch pace again.

Brilliant stuff, hope they go on to win this thing!

The question surrounding them know is do they lose to the Romanians on purpose?

France and Italy will be going at eachother, could lead to a draw. Therefore Romania could afford a loss, as long as it's not by 3 goals or more.

I honestly think that while the Romanians would outlast the Dutch if the Oranje play at full strength, I'm certain the Dutch would rather go in with them. They're also guaranteed first spot, so losing wouldn't be a problem for them. Yet wouldn't cause an uproar is they just 'lay down'...

Can't wait!