What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Euro 2008 thread

If Germany like they did against Portugal, they'll overcome Turkey. The Russians also looked very good against my previous tip (Netherlands).

Which means that it will be a Spain v Turkey final.

fish eel

Immortal
:lol:

Are you sh*tting me mate?

Nihat's absence is another blow to Turkey, whose squad is already depleted through suspension and injury.

Servet Cetin, Tumer Metin and Emre Belozoglu are all injured, while Emre Gungor has already been ruled out of the tournament.

Terim had only 15 available outfield players for the Croatia clash, three of whom will be banned for the match against Germany after picking up their second yellow cards of the tournament.

Goalkeeper Volkan Demirel will find out on Monday if an appeal against his suspension has been successful.

Indeed, such is the extent of Turkey's injury crisis that UEFA officials could be forced into an emergency meeting if Terim asks to call up a replacement player.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=550085&cc=3436

fish eel

Immortal
for those waking up and watching it on setanta, how f**king dumb is Alan Shearer?

For a guy who apparantly has asperations of being a manager, he sounds clueless when asked for his opinion...its classic.

well done to spain, was an awful game tbh, but they are thru so good luck to them, especially iniesta, xavi and puyol.

A lot of you are real sore winners, especially gunning for panthers, you're a real merkin of a person sometimes.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
for those waking up and watching it on setanta, how f**king dumb is Alan Shearer?

For a guy who apparantly has asperations of being a manager, he sounds clueless when asked for his opinion...its classic.

The entire coverage/broadcast of this tournament is mediocre. From the picture quality, to the "analysts".

Martin O'Neill is another clueless turd, as is Andy Gray.

fish eel

Immortal
I dont mind Martin O'Neill, but its pretty hard for him to actually say anything meaningful when he is sitting next to shearer who just bleats 'its about the bottle' or some othr rubbish.

And the constant england references.....FMD. You're not there, get over it.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I dont mind Martin O'Neill, but its pretty hard for him to actually say anything meaningful when he is sitting next to shearer who just bleats 'its about the bottle' or some othr rubbish.

And the constant england references.....FMD. You're not there, get over it.
Hey it isn't an Internaitonal broadcast you know. It's the BBC's coverage - the British Broadcasting Corporation. It just happens to be beamed around the world via Setanta.

So it's quite naive to suggest that there shouldn't or wouldn't be any England references.

And there's nothing wrong with Andy Gray. He's been one of the best commentators on the game for bloody years, dating back to when i lived in England. As has Alan Hansen. Lineker, O'Neill and Shearer really aren't that bad either IMO.

Compare them to the umming and arghing of Les Murray, that funny looking Italian fella and the sheer idiocy of Craig Foster and they stack up pretty well in comparison i reckon.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Sorry Tommy, but Andy Gray is absolutely pathetic. Has absolutely no idea about any football outside of England.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Semis will be Portugal vs Croatia and Holland vs Italy.
Damn im good.

Just call me "the Prophet".

As for Andy Gray, i can't comment on his knowledge of world football but ive always found him to be an entertaining and knowledgeable commentator of English football.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
maybe Spain were a bit lucky but makes up for one or two chokes they've made

they would have to be specials from here I would think

the obstacle would be the Gus factor, he has Russia playing at their best right now

andy gray is a f**khead. he has no idea about football. he hates anything that resembles good football and is right at home when the long ball is being played. i cant believe u would compare him to the greatness that is foster and say gray is better!!! Im better than andy gray ffs.