What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show 2012

Geohood

Bench
The show has struck a pretty good balance as of late imo. Spending more time discussing the round matches with Erin Molan there and the whole panel having some input. Obviously some of you would want the whole discussing footy, but imo this is good enough for a late thursday night

I agree the show is better, but the bolded part is the complete opposite..

Most times Erin just mentions something about a player returning or a possible signing and they don't even say a word about the match.. And if they do it's just focusing on one of the teams for about 10 seconds and disregarding the opposite team.

Geohood

Bench
Kick for cash is just BS now. Halligan, Jason Taylor, and El Masri all miss.....if they cant kick it then no other person will.

They're all old now though... wouldn't be practicing every week like they were in the NRL.

I actually missed El Masri's attempt.. how far off was he? I came back when he just missed and kicked his 2nd attempt easy so I dunno maybe you're right.

They all seem genuinely disappointed when they miss though. I remember Taylor looked pissed off at himself deluxe when he missed lol... unless its cause he was frustrated when they told him he wasn't allowed to make it? :p

They're all old now though... wouldn't be practicing every week like they were in the NRL.

I actually missed El Masri's attempt.. how far off was he? I came back when he just missed and kicked his 2nd attempt easy so I dunno maybe you're right.

They all seem genuinely disappointed when they miss though. I remember Taylor looked pissed off at himself deluxe when he missed lol... unless its cause he was frustrated when they told him he wasn't allowed to make it? :p

El Masri's shot just faded away to the left, he then reloaded and had another shot (which didn't count) that he slotted.

rnb11

Juniors
Andrew Johns and Darren Lockyer have also missed the kick, must be some carny trick theyre doing to make them miss and they dont have to pay the cash.

Honesty is obviously foreign to welshmen.

Fatty said he said he thought it wasn't a try on the radio even though he never really saw it.

Later on when he watched it over and over he conceded that it was indeed a try.

Settle down third man in...don't be so serious.

cleary89

Coach
El masri aimed at the left post and curled just wide. Second attempt aimed at the right post and slotted it sweet. Carney and soward both missed from 40 in the last week. But seriously, its not that hard of a kick.

Geohood

Bench
El masri aimed at the left post and curled just wide. Second attempt aimed at the right post and slotted it sweet. Carney and soward both missed from 40 in the last week. But seriously, its not that hard of a kick.

If you were in the crowd and picked, would you take the shot for the 5 grand? Reckon you could do it?

I'm not taking the piss I'm just curious lol. I personally would have no chance.

Have there been any current NRL players that have taken the shot this year? If I were picking I'd pick any current player, even props. Someone like Beau Ryan if available from the panel I reckon would kick it easy.

Mr Saab

Referee
If you were in the crowd and picked, would you take the shot for the 5 grand? Reckon you could do it?

I'm not taking the piss I'm just curious lol. I personally would have no chance.

Have there been any current NRL players that have taken the shot this year? If I were picking I'd pick any current player, even props. Someone like Beau Ryan if available from the panel I reckon would kick it easy.

I wouldnt kick it.
And no current NRL player is allowed to kick....coaches wont allow them i dont think...could risk an injury i guess.

Parra Pride

Referee

I'd take the shot, if none of them are going to kick it may as well take the shot at $5,000.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Problem is (and i stand to be corrected) whoever takes the kick it doesn't appear they get to place the ball on the tee...

cleary89

Coach
I initially thought id be 33% chance but itd probably be like 20% under the circumstances. But elmasri would only be 80% chance and id be more likely the tallis and stuff.

El Diablo

Post Whore
they don't use footy boots when kicking and also don't have as much room to take their usual set up

Johns kicked barefoot the other week

Danish

Referee
40m?!?!

That is bloody ridiculous. Most goalkickers playing 1st grade for their local park side would not land that kick at better than 40-50% accuracy with proper boots on and kicking on grass.

That kick would be literally impossible for probably 3/4 of the audience, and an absolute fluke for the 1/4 that actually have the leg strength to kick a ball that far

Chook Norris

First Grade
I agree the show is better, but the bolded part is the complete opposite..

Most times Erin just mentions something about a player returning or a possible signing and they don't even say a word about the match.. And if they do it's just focusing on one of the teams for about 10 seconds and disregarding the opposite team.

Ive only watched the show 3 times this season so far, so you are probably right

with regards to the kicking challenge, the small run up they get is ridiculous

Ulysseus

Bench

I'm amazed at how many people opted for Tallis to take the shot :shock:

I was only a half arsed kicker, but I think I'd take my own chances - even with no room to run up or practice in a decade.

Latest posts